What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama harvest help!

vajra

I have an amazing Panama plant at day 70 grown from a single fem seed.

I am beyond impressed at this incredible plant. The top bud is dense and resinous, there are very few fan leaves, it is solid bud. The fragrance is out of this world: lemon.

I expected this to go over 100 days, like many of my sativas. But now I am not sure how to estimate harvest readiness. Another IC grower harvested a similar looking pheno at 10-11 weeks. The plants look the same, but I don't think this one is ready.

Panama is a popular strain and I think a lot of us have grown it, so could any of you help me determine:

1. is there a phenotype you recognize here? (yes I now that is not everyone's preferred terminololgy, but it makes sense to most of us). what can you say about this girl?

2. how long do you think she needs from here? She is at day 70 of 11/13. She took a long time to show pistils, but then exploded.

3. this seems to be the green pheno, there is no pink or red in her at all. What type of high will she produce?

thanks y'all!
I also have two Durbans purchased through ACE. They are looking excellent also. ACE seeds is magnificent!

rlsmooth

Hi mate. These are personal preferences, but I would give it 10-21 days more. Fresh white pistils there still. By waiting you could gain more trichome filled heavier buds with more mature long lasting high.

Then again what do I know havent smoked my Panamas yet.. :D

vajra

thanks for chiming in. I was estimating another 20 days, so it is good to hear another grower give advice.

vajra

vajra

Hi mate. These are personal preferences, but I would give it 10-21 days more. Fresh white pistils there still. By waiting you could gain more trichome filled heavier buds with more mature long lasting high.

Then again what do I know havent smoked my Panamas yet.. :D

Hi rlsmooth — i just realized that you are the grower whose plant I was watching. You and I have the same pheno. your plant looks exactly like mine, with unbelievable buds density, resin, and fragrance. I don't think mine has pink pistils, so that may be the only difference.

We will have to compare notes on the high. A sativa with this type of bud structure is new to me. I cannot imagine the yield if I took more time to veg. I lollipopped mine early on, because it was doing nothing for the first month, and was sharing space with other sativas.

Luckily, I think one of my cuttings survived!

Raho

Veteran
She looks like that might be the final flourish of floral development and just going into "ripening."

You could be progressively reducing nutrient intake at this stage especially nitrogen (not sure growing method you are using, soil or hydro.) The leaves should begin to be depleted as food source for the flowers. Right now, they all look very vigorous.

If you are concerned about foxtails starting to string out, you could even dial back that photoperiod a bit from 11/13 over the next week or 2. Maybe drop 15 minutes a week for the next 2 weeks to 10.5?

Koondense

Veteran
On a quick look 15-25 days for the harvest window, can be taken earlier or later, if you like to experiment a bit.

Cheers

rlsmooth

Whew...smoked first J of the Panama I cut at 80 days yesterday. Damn that stuff is strong already with no curing. Initial hit and effect was electric, soon turning into heavy eye lids and all around relaxed feeling, but the part that got me that this is some real euphoric stuff :D long lasting euphoric relaxed ride..you're in for a gem there ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vajra,

Nice Panama you have there :) Strong lemon terpenes are common in phenos related to Panama Goddess. Looks like your female still needs 2-3 weeks more of flowering, she is producing a final reflowering so she still needs to mature this last stage of flowering, fix and intensity the terpenes and produce thicker layer of resin.

vajra

Thanks everyone for your advice. I just checked her and she is slowly ripening. I agree that it is another two weeks. Good things are worth waiting for. This plant has more yield potential than any plant I have grown, including Chronic from Serious Seeds. But the aroma and flower structure are superior. I look forward to posting pictures of the dried bud. This will need almost no manicuring at all. It is all bud!

Holeshot22

Panama

Panama

Hey Vajra, Your Panama is starting to bulk up a bit now.
I've mainly picked at 12 weeks for a more up beat high with little tiredness and plenty of energy.
Then up too 16 , when it is really mature.
The taste is stronger and high lasts a lot longer with a nice mellow , happy ending.