What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Running my kief?

I've got pounds of kief I'm wondering if I can put it into my columns and just blast it? I'm worried that my gaskets on my tubes will get clogged any advice?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
for dry sift you might want to consider the flask method, or quick wash with ethanol, although pressing to rosin is the most stoner friendly :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Boil in bag and press into hash is my thing. Sells like hot cakes.

wow you boil it? how long does it stay in ad what kind of amounts are we taking about? up to now i just fill a jar with boiling water and use it like a roller to make thin slabs. got any pics of the end product?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got pounds of kief I'm wondering if I can put it into my columns and just blast it? I'm worried that my gaskets on my tubes will get clogged any advice?

We run kif in a Mk IVC with 4" X 12" column and a shower head on top without issue.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
wow you boil it? how long does it stay in ad what kind of amounts are we taking about? up to now i just fill a jar with boiling water and use it like a roller to make thin slabs. got any pics of the end product?

Pre-press and vac bag it. Drop in boiling water for 4-5min and press. I use an 8 ton press, but I think a bigger one would be better.

I've heard of people putting it in the heel of their shoe and walking for a half hour (*gag*), rolling it with a hot jar, all sorts of stuff.

But the dude has "pounds", so it's time to get productive and make proper slabs.

Maple_Flail

Pre-press and vac bag it. Drop in boiling water for 4-5min and press. I use an 8 ton press, but I think a bigger one would be better.

I've heard of people putting it in the heel of their shoe and walking for a half hour (*gag*), rolling it with a hot jar, all sorts of stuff.

But the dude has "pounds", so it's time to get productive and make proper slabs.

for small amounts i've used a generic table vice. however I don't mind the fold, reseal, reheat, repress process for personal.

however, if i was to do larger volumes say greater than an 1/8th end product I'd be looking at a 10+ tonne press

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Don't slam shash until you've tried it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A few months ago, I was looking at the wife's KitchenAid as it was kneading pizza dough, and was picturing it with a heated bowl and the bread hook to knead hash.
(Hum.... scratches chin)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a big no. Those motors have no strength. Broke one making marshmallow.

HWY36

We run kif in a Mk IVC with 4" X 12" column and a shower head on top without issue.

How many lbs do you put in a 4'X12" column, the same amount as if it were weed?

Is the shower head necessary if I put less material in the tube and fill completely?

Latest posts

Latest posts