What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

shithawk420

Veteran
My friend and I were talking and he thinks the ratings are down cause of the kneeling thing but I don't know.he said eventually they wanna make it where you can only watch football on cable or the NFL channel or whatever.now that I can believe.fuck paying 100 bucks a month to watch football.I know a lot of people will pay though.

And yeah,Glennon has to go.he is Cutler 2.0 but worse.I guess they are calling him the statue now.lol how do they expect trubisky to get experience if they don't play him?

Sorry bad fishy!I should of noticed!although I never thought I'd say this in a million years I wish we had Cutler.I can't believe we could do any worse

Badfishy1

My friend and I were talking and he thinks the ratings are down cause of the kneeling thing but I don't know.he said eventually they wanna make it where you can only watch football on cable or the NFL channel or whatever.now that I can believe.fuck paying 100 bucks a month to watch football.I know a lot of people will pay though.

And yeah,Glennon has to go.he is Cutler 2.0 but worse.I guess they are calling him the statue now.lol how do they expect trubisky to get experience if they don't play him?

Sorry bad fishy!I should of noticed!although I never thought I'd say this in a million years I wish we had Cutler.I can't believe we could do any worse

Tannehill is the same as cutler m8 EVERY year it's 'THIS is gonna be the year he breaks out as elite. I know all of us talking heads said this last year and the year before n the year before, but THIS is gonna be the year...' with gase bringing out cutlers best when in Chicago, I don't think it's the WORST thing that could have happened to Miami. We are stuck with a b class 'franchise' quarterback. The NFL is set up the mediocre teams stay mediocre... missing on your one chance at a 'franchise' quarterback is disasterous for years after. Miami isn't in a browns situation or anything like that, but being in same division as patriots makes it VERY difficult to make playoffs every year. Sure they have the chance at wild card every year, but that means never having home field. Even tho Miami plays NE strong every year, still a waiting game for Brady/ belicheck retirement party. If you know anything about the culture of the city of Miami, the ONLY way ANY sports team in Miami will attract fans is to buy superstars. That's the reason Miami ALWAYS pays too much money for the big name free agents (Marshall, Suh etc).

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
"My friend and I were talking and he thinks the ratings are down cause of the kneeling thing but I don't know.he said eventually they wanna make it where you can only watch football on cable or the NFL channel or whatever.now that I can believe.fuck paying 100 bucks a month to watch football.I know a lot of people will pay though."

this wouldent surprise me one bit, shithawk
the nfl is going to be renegotiating their tv deal soon and with the decline in popularity recently, you can bet they arent going to get as sweet a deal as they currently have
/how long before the super bowl is pay per view

i was surprised at how many points both teams were able to score thursday night
goff looks like he is making the adjustment to the nfl and picking up the game and if gurley can start contributing like he has shown in the past the rams are on their way up
/ i still see sea taking the west, but the rams could be definite wild card contenders

even if a team is able to draft a star qb, they need the parts around him as well
/looks at luck in ind
i thought the fins were playoff contenders this year until what happened to tannahilll, but like baba said they seem to be getting the best of j'cutty right now
if the other pieces of that team can get hot they might still be able to salvage the season and do well

Badfishy1

I agree with part of the luck/ Indy situation. However I really doubt he is/was healthy. I'm not saying a QB alone will win SB I was making the comment more that drafting the WRONG qb is detrimental for years to come. Also I was trying to say that cutler in my eyes isn't a huge step back from Tannehill. I was really hoping at some point Gase would actually let Tanny use his gun. I'm not sure why, but the dolphins have RARELY let him air it out...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
"...drafting the WRONG qb is detrimental for years to come."
couldent agree with you more
especially considering QB's are usually taken early in the draft
picks in the first three round should be guys who are ready to step in and add to the team almost right away
especially with your top pick, you want someone who is going to move up the depth chart and eventually start at his position
the weird thing about quarter backs is draft order dosent seem to matter as much and its often the later rounds where the top players are found
/brady was a late pick and so was dak prescott

thats one hot take re: cutler and tannahill,fishy'
i guess i figured tannahill still has the potential to develop, where AS with cutty, what you see is what you get
hopefully cutler will continue to click wiht that offence
i think the defense and running game could carry you to a few wins as long as you dont have a qb making a lot of stupid plays
one big setback for miami was being forced to take their bye so early
its going to be along season for them

Badfishy1

"...drafting the WRONG qb is detrimental for years to come."
couldent agree with you more
especially considering QB's are usually taken early in the draft
picks in the first three round should be guys who are ready to step in and add to the team almost right away
especially with your top pick, you want someone who is going to move up the depth chart and eventually start at his position
the weird thing about quarter backs is draft order dosent seem to matter as much and its often the later rounds where the top players are found
/brady was a late pick and so was dak prescott

thats one hot take re: cutler and tannahill,fishy'
i guess i figured tannahill still has the potential to develop, where AS with cutty, what you see is what you get
hopefully cutler will continue to click wiht that offence
i think the defense and running game could carry you to a few wins as long as you dont have a qb making a lot of stupid plays
one big setback for miami was being forced to take their bye so early
its going to be along season for them

Hot take... damn make me sound like one of these talking heads! I think that cutler was the best choice for Mia and Mia was the only choice for cutler. Kaep wearing a pro Castro t shirt guaranteed no starts in Mia. So who was left? RG3? Had he not gotten ridden like a 2 bit horse by coaching staff in Washington while obviously injured I think he may have had a different outcome to his career... I will ALWAYS consider mike shanahan a piece of shit and responsible for RG3 demise yet shanahan somehow gets a pass. I don't understand it

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
hahahh, soon you will be ready to join bababooey in the broadcast booth
but thats part of the fun of being an informed fan, having an opinion and not always following the grain
/i guess we all become talking heads when it comes to football

i agree with you that it was shanahan who killed rg3
what a waste of tallent
/f spanos and f shananhan

hope you enjoy the games today,man

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a thread about football ... not a political soap box . You want to talk politics go to a political site ... enjoy yourself there.

packerfan79

Veteran
I guess my post got erased. It was partially off topic, since the NFL decided to make political statements. I guess it's ok for them since they are playing a game. No worries Babbabud. I am pretty much done with The NFL , i guess i need to add former in front of my user name

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want to talk politics go to a political site and rant to your hearts content

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But you certainly helped to bring it into this thread. As I said you want to discuss politics find another site.

St. Phatty

I'm now a Browns fan and a Patriots fan.

Though it's too easy to root for the Patriots, they win so much.

First line in today's economics essay at Mauldin Economics
"If you’re idly conversing with someone you don’t know well, the weather is usually a safe topic."

Somehow seems apropos.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The league has doubled down on their activism stance after trump's comments in alabama last week. I think trump should avoid talking about sports and stick to threatening north korea.
One reason for declining ratings may be the NFL's red zone channel. I watched an afternoon stream of the packers game online and it turned out to be the Red Zone channel. Holy cow that was a good viewing experience; anytime a team had a big play they showed it, or was in the red zone (duh) they turned to it. Allowed me to see the best of the 3 afternoon games. Next week ill have to find a stream of it for the early afternoon games, imagine it switching back and forth between 8 games: non stop action.

Pop, let me clarify my answer about fan support for the bears, which i think you meant attendance. I think last year, especially the last half of the year (they finished with 3 wins) soldier field had a significant # of empty seats. Who's going to show up in Dec to watch a 2 win team in freezing weather? But i think when they renovated their stadium some years ago they made people buy PSLs (personal seat licenses) which i think locks people into buying season tickets, so most every game is a sell out or near enough, even if the stadium is 60% full.
I think san diego ranked near the bottom of the league in home attendance but still comfortably in the 80% range. Maybe the problem with SD is the problem with LA/Socal in general: nice weather year round & too many other entertainment options make fan support average at best compared to other teams?

I started cutler over alex smith in one league, once again a bears fan got burned my cutler. Although his last second TD pass made up for a lot, also smith started off hot against the chargers but didnt finish with great stats, didnt have to with rivers looking like he'll lead the league in INT's again...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The political bullshit sucks and I hate it. It's a game for fuck sake.

On the positive side, did y'all see what my Bills did to Denver? Woot woot!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Maybe packersfan should start a new thread in the sports forum on the anthem protests? It's sports related, and it will probably generate more posting on this site. Seems like this site has been kinda dead lately. Plus im interested in what he has to say, even if i dont agree with it.

This weekend was all sorts of weird. Bortles led the Jaguars to 44 pts against the raven's #1 (at the time) defense. Jets, who some experts thought would go 0-16, beat the crap out of the Fins. Bengals found their O and almost beat the packers.

Badfishy1

Maybe packersfan should start a new thread in the sports forum on the anthem protests? It's sports related, and it will probably generate more posting on this site. Seems like this site has been kinda dead lately. Plus im interested in what he has to say, even if i dont agree with it.

This weekend was all sorts of weird. Bortles led the Jaguars to 44 pts against the raven's #1 (at the time) defense. Jets, who some experts thought would go 0-16, beat the crap out of the Fins. Bengals found their O and almost beat the packers.

This SEASON is weird. Talking heads talk about this reason and that reason the NFL ratings are down. Could it be the product they are putting on the field?

packerfan79

Veteran

No I think that would be a bad idea, political threads always descend into the typical rhetoric and name calling Baddabud was right it's not the place for it. I was slightly perturbed but a day later, I am over it. If you guys want to discuss things with me feel free to private message me. Fuck it at least the Packers won.