What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laughing Buddha Grow Insights...

guruverde

Hi All,

I have searched high and low for a solid grow journal and I get very little in detail on LB. This became a pet obsession of mine back in 05 when a friend stowed away a vast assortment of treats from AMS. I remember the cannaloupe and lb were the standouts but the LB was my favorite smoke and (probably sentimentally twinged) still sticks in my mind.

So from my research all I can seem to figure out about what to anticipate with LB is that it's 'finicky/fussy' (not sure if this means to pH, PPM, environmental...) and that it 'doesn't like other plants' (sooooo like they don't like being touched? they are easily affected by terpene profile?)

I'd love a lil insight if anyone who's grown LB could help me out. I currently have 8 beans sprouted in solos and I'm hoping to get all of them into full on veg then give them their own 4x4 750w LED.

I do a coco/perlite blend in airpots.

Anything more specific would be great, I'd really love to do this girl proud and find a keeper out of these beans.

Much love,
guruverde

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I grew her and reclining buddah way back... I remember they were light feeders and had legs ... one had some nice cherry hash flavors...

guruverde

I grew her and reclining buddah way back... I remember they were light feeders and had legs ... one had some nice cherry hash flavors...

Thanks, I'm guessing you don't remember the LB not liking other plants then? I'm figuring I'll dedicate a tent/light to her but would be easier if I didn't have to.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Thanks, I'm guessing you don't remember the LB not liking other plants then? I'm figuring I'll dedicate a tent/light to her but would be easier if I didn't have to.

laughing buddha is one of my consistently favorite buds when i'm in amsterdam.
bought 2 fem 5-packs (regs were not an option at the time), but was disappointed.
nothing like the (jamaican blue mountain x meao thai) cross that it should have been, effects-wise.
come to find a lot of breeders will reverse an indica to create the fem version of a strain,
which knocks out the clean and clear energetic effects of sativa(-leaning) strains.
you can see acknowledgement of that in the **********'s description...
https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Laughing_Buddha/Barneys_Farm/

glass half-full: that indica will reduce the normal 14-16wks flowering of the regs.

the strain willie nelson is (vietnamese black x nepalese highland).
i've got a sideways mash-up of the LB and WN in a hack i made...
(VietBlackThai) x (nepalese Jam) both strains from ace seeds
...i'll be launching in a few days. it's gonna take a pheno hunt methinks.

Latest posts

Latest posts