What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RESIN SEEDS and their offerings..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello ICmag..

So I've just bought a pack each of Cannatonic (10 fem), Dieseltonic (3 fem) and since I've never tried either Bubblegum or Lavender I bought their version of Bubblicious (Bubblegum x Lavender)..

As there seems to be very little grow info on this breeders offerings other than Cannatonic I thought I might see if anyone is growing anything by them.

The Bubblicious and Sour P have been out of stock for a long while so someone must have tried them..

These guys seem to be mixing a whole lot of old school Dutch offerings from other seedbanks. Their Cannatonic is now used in A LOT of other hybrids. The CBD Crew used the Cannatonic as their base variety when they crossed it to many of Shanti's MNS varieties.. I bought the Cannatonic and Dieseltonic so I could grow for a friend who has a brain tumour..

Anyway.. I thought I might create this thread for anyone who's growing any of Resin Seeds varieties and would like to discuss and share the odd picture..

I have yet to grow mine out as I'm in the middle of a move and so would love to see any pictures you guys/gals might have of anything this breeder has out...

Many thanks

:dance013:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
many dont buy that strain because its high in CBD low in THC. I like strains like that but most are after the high.. CBD does not get you high.. I have never grown any of there strains so I have no input. Cannatonic is the only one Im familiar with.

Cannavore

Veteran
I've never understood that Cannatonic strain. Is every seed going to have significant levels of CBD? How does combining two potent strains give you 1:1 THC/cbd ratios? Or is this from a selected seed plant and selfed to create the Cannatonic line? Or are they flat out lying about lineage?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
This is an excellent point Hammerhead and one I was hoping for in regards to the friend who has cancer.. This is the reason I bought both the Cannatonic and Dieseltonic. Although having said that there have been numerous reports of fluctuating THC levels in the Cannatonic with some percentages/ratios being 1:1, or leaning heavily on the CBD or THC side of things. I think I saw somewhere a few chemical reports of tone Cannatonic having an over 20% THC level with very low CBD levels while others had a reverse outcome.. I think it's on the CBD Project website.. I will see if I can find it to post here..

Anyway would like to hear about the other varieties that come from their stable as well.. Like the Sour P, Bubblicious, L.A. Ultra, Yummy and Critical Haze.. As far as I know none of these other varieties are marketed as having high CBD content..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I've never understood that Cannatonic strain. Is every seed going to have significant levels of CBD? How does combining two potent strains give you 1:1 THC/cbd ratios? Or is this from a selected seed plant and selfed to create the Cannatonic line? Or are they flat out lying about lineage?

Interesting point Cannivore..

I don't think every plant does have significant levels of CBD as mentioned in my second post. I'll try and find the chemical analysis of Cannatonic I found.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya thats understandable. Strains change all the time depending on there environment. Grower to grower differences have a dramatic effect depending how diferant there rooms are.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
ya thats understandable. Strains change all the time depending on there environment. Grower to grower differences have a dramatic effect depending how diferant there rooms are.

Yes but also the fact that because this is still fairly new most medical varieties still haven't been bred through enough generations to stabilise high CBD content in a single seed variety. Even regarding a very rich THC seed line there will always be those individuals within that pool which will have a lower THC percentage than other individuals.

Where as one might be able to obtain a clone which will (hopefully) give the same high CBD content given their environment matches the originator of the clone (As you've stated above)..

According to the article I linked above regarding Himalaya landrace varieties..

In hashish, especially the one made in the Himalayas and Morocco, CBD is usually present in concentrations
that are equal and sometimes superior than the ones of THC (I.e 12%THC / 11%CBD). This is due to the fact that hashish is made by extracting the resin from a large population of plants, which have grown out doors from mixed seeds. THC dominant plants are harvested and dried together with CBD dominant plants. During the extraction process the extracted resin from all plants is mixed together – therefore bringing both cannabinoids in the final product

So until the Cannatonic seedline is bred to be more dominant in CBD it will always have fluctuating CBD values like the Himalayan gene pool mentioned above which is mostly wild landrace and not line bred.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Here's that Chem analysis on Cannatonic that I've been talking about..

As you can see they all vary quite dramatically while 'Cannatonic #13' is really high in THC at 26.7%... What's also interesting is that out of the first ten samples from different plants four are over 20% THC while only one reaches 19% CBD..

I think this quite an old report and things may of become more stable within the line since then..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yes but also the fact that because this is still fairly new most medical varieties still haven't been bred through enough generations to stabilise high CBD content in a single seed variety. Even regarding a very rich THC seed line there will always be those individuals within that pool which will have a lower THC percentage than other individuals.

Where as one might be able to obtain a clone which will (hopefully) give the same high CBD content given their environment matches the originator of the clone (As you've stated above)..

According to the article I linked above regarding Himalaya landrace varieties..
In hashish, especially the one made in the Himalayas and Morocco, CBD is usually present in concentrations
that are equal and sometimes superior than the ones of THC (I.e 12%THC / 11%CBD). This is due to the fact that hashish is made by extracting the resin from a large population of plants, which have grown out doors from mixed seeds. THC dominant plants are harvested and dried together with CBD dominant plants. During the extraction process the extracted resin from all plants is mixed together – therefore bringing both cannabinoids in the final product

So until the Cannatonic seedline is bred to be more dominant in CBD it will always have fluctuating CBD values like the Himalayan gene pool mentioned above which is mostly wild landrace and not line bred.

It is a little bit more complicated, if you grow seeds from dry sift hashish producing countries you typically find 25% of the plants are high THC only 25% are high CBD only and 50% are a mix of THC/CBD this is because the farmers do not smoke individual plants and just pick ones for next years seeds source from the ones with the most resin, be it THC or CBD or THC/CBD ganja farmes smoke individual plants and keep what seeds they like for next years crop. So the plants only have THC, like most Western bred Cannabis, until the interest in CBD.
-SamS

harry74

Veteran
I have seen in Moroco drying plants on the roof full sun.

I think that changes/degrades the THC if I´m right. I find moroco/hash quite narcotic..

harry74

Veteran
If someone wants to try

If someone wants to try

You take your crop, dry most of it the way you usually do and dry the rest on the sun.

a) Smoke both to check differences.

b) Analyze both in a lab to see differences.

¿ Have you researched this allready Sam?

I´m sure you have LOL

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You take your crop, dry most of it the way you usually do and dry the rest on the sun.

a) Smoke both to check differences.

b) Analyze both in a lab to see differences.

¿ Have you researched this allready Sam?

I´m sure you have LOL

Not as much differences in the Cannabinoid content as you would suspect, the terpenes do get reduced, and that reduces the subjective potency.
-SamS

Resin Seeds

Hi all!

Just found this thread, and for my 2nd post, thought I would talk more to those who are interested in our offerings, current and future.

Just chime in with your questions here.

All the best,
ResinSeeds

H.Stoner

Start a new thread

Start a new thread

Hi all!

Just found this thread, and for my 2nd post, thought I would talk more to those who are interested in our offerings, current and future.

Just chime in with your questions here.

All the best,
ResinSeeds

welcome, this one is old and not worth the bother. You'll do better and help us more with a new thread. I've been interested in high CBD cultivars that still retain thc more so than the ones with less than 1% thc. as yet i have not tried any by sample or grown.

just got a cbd/thc cross in recently and have another cbd = fem auto/semi auto/reg to try too.

I'm really interested in who will be at the forefront of breeding cbd seeds with higher %cbd content as the norm instead of a crap shoot as it stands now.

does resin seeds have plans to go in this direction before someone beats you to it ? have you found that breeding high cbd females to high cbd males plants you get more consistently high cbd ratios in the seedlings enough for it to be significant ? thx.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man...
Have a look around...
Jamie from Resin seeds is a part of a larger group that is making CBD specific cultivars for the masses.

Check out CBD crew (who he is involved with)!