What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor in Sweden - is it worth it?

bonifacy13

Hi guys!

I'm moving to Sweden after New Year and I'm wondering if any popular outdoor strains can get fully mature in Sweden (apart from autoflowering strains)? Can you please recommend me something that you actually tried? I'm gonna be in Varmland which I believe is relatively warm region :)

Thanks in advance for any advices :)

Cheers.

:tiphat:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hi bonifacy, I got mates in that zone, they do great crops with light deprivation and also Autos. If you do some reading up there are plenty of autos that will give very nice bud if you are patient and wait till they are fully mature... it is the secret with Autos.

For light deprivation, look at Tom Hills thread and others in the outdoor section.

IMO "Early flowering" strains outdoors there are a bit of a lottery, get some Autos running as well, that way you are certain of some smoke.

DropDropDrop

Seedbay also carries HFH strains and im pretty sure you could do pretty good with most of their outdoor strains. I aint in sweden, but at same latitude and found brownsuper07 being very nice. Thyphoons and hfh gear are the ones you'll most likely find around shops.

GoeRilla

Hi guys!

I'm moving to Sweden after New Year and I'm wondering if any popular outdoor strains can get fully mature in Sweden (apart from autoflowering strains)? Can you please recommend me something that you actually tried? I'm gonna be in Varmland which I believe is relatively warm region :)

Thanks in advance for any advices :)

Cheers.

:tiphat:

You must be American or something worse:tumbleweed:
Värmland is not warm if that´s what you think the name means.
I will say that it´s pretty much like Denmark where I come from and here we have many fine strains of Ganja.
I grow outside and also have produced many seeds so we can go all the way to fully finish the plant here and the same in Värmland.
You just need to look for some Danish seeds, that will work much better than seeds from Holland which is a bit more south.
If you want to talk more you can pm me, but i can not pm because i don´t have the credit here.

Rilla.

bonifacy13

Thanks a lot for replies guys!

You must be American or something worse:tumbleweed:

LOL! You made my day :groupwave:

Nope, I'm not American and I hope I'm nothing worse than that :headbange

Värmland is not warm if that´s what you think the name means.

Well, to be honest that's what I really thought as I've found that info several times in the past...

"Värmland.
In English this means "warm land" and this part of Sweden is known for its warm and beautiful summers with long, long evenings and stunning landscape."

http://www.stjarnsfors-apartments.com/varmlandTourism.htm

Nevermind, if Värmland does mean something completely different I'm ok with that :dance013:

I will say that it´s pretty much like Denmark where I come from and here we have many fine strains of Ganja.
I grow outside and also have produced many seeds so we can go all the way to fully finish the plant here and the same in Värmland.
You just need to look for some Danish seeds, that will work much better than seeds from Holland which is a bit more south.
If you want to talk more you can pm me, but i can not pm because i don´t have the credit here.
Rilla.

I'm really glad to hear that :tiphat:

I'll send you PM soon.

Thx mate, hope we'll stay in touch.

opiumo

Veteran

nicknamenilu

well hello there!
The link u provided was 4 a small community i lived in as a kid many years ago. @that time i didnt know anything of the herb.
Its a "suburb" to a "city" called Hagfors, population ca 10k white trash deluxe. Its a small community wich relies heavy on the steelplant where everybody works. Mentality that follows those sorts of communitys.
The small suburb Uddeholm is minimal, barely a store. Everybody knows or is relative to everybody.
But the nature is fantastic and vast!
Watch out for hunters and berrypickers when choosing a spot to grow!

To me it is, tho I don't live in Sweden(but in similar climate), the buds are not grade A, but all the experience and looking how your big area of soil becoming big fields of cannabis bushes is fabulous. And all those great colors in autumn and the smell. I'm totally into it. But depending on country, the risks can be quite big, but this adds the extra spice into it.

ninj4n

there's alot of strains that can grow and yield well in sweden, a few ive grown in the past; Purple thyphoon, Thyphoon, Nepal/royal nepal, NDB,Rocket chunk,mighty might,white widow,pink freeze the list goes on and on, id say any autoflowering strain would do just fine aswell!

offthehook

Veteran
There's a huge difference between growing in the north, or south of Scandinavia.

Many of the strains ninj4n just mentioned won't get ready at 65N.

Only auto's seem to work this far up North.

Sibbeli

Oth, so you on here too. We exchange alot of pm on share forum.

It ultimately depends on your microclimate and also in which hardiness zone you grow in, varmland got several different climates from semi good to not usable.
Stick to autos and you'll be guaranteed a harvest.

I'm working on getting more strains growable in the higher zones, but it takes years. Got a good, really good starting point though.

vinrusso

The problem in Sweden is July and August are the only warm months. Varmland is no warmer, than Goteborg. Malmo would be the warmest. I lived there in the 90"s, and their was no weed. Hash everywhere, but weed was a mystery, it was weird. I guess because it's easier to bring Hash. Lot of speed freaks there.

BagAppeal

It is very possible, you just need the right strain!!No need for working new lines, it exists:)
I have seen finished product in good time before the first frost, and I am not talking auto flowering..

All the best

BagAppeal

Sibbeli

Yeah, it shure do exist fine lines of ganja that can be grown here withoutt any work, but I´m working on several project´s that will give the northeners even more variation and some really good high, high potency strains early enough to be harvested before the moose hunt which starts 10th October in my part of the country.

Got all the early danish genes and also all the early HFH ones and a whole bunch of other´s to work with too :)