What's new

Is she ready?

Jynkum

Hello, this is my first grow and I started flowering in a grow box but got my clones earlier than expected. I moved her out to the green house and am continuing her 12/12 schedule by putting a tarp over. Been flowering for about 8 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 13

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
How to tell when it's ready:
Hairs darken (Nope)
50/50 cloudy trichomes (Nope)
Breeders time from flip to flower (Nope)

The only way to tell is by checking the trichomes and watching for when the cannabinoids start breaking down. Get a scope, at least 30x-60x. Look on a few of the top flowers, not leaves. Count the number of amber trichomes in several different areas to compare.

1 amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10%, 3 is 15%.

Any new strain you haven't harvested before, chop it at 5, 10 and 15% and label them accordingly. See which one you prefer and chop the clone at the same stage next time.

When you chop before 5%, the effect doesn't last as long. (45 minute high, anyone?) When you chop past 15% you usually need caffeine to stay awake and the full complexity of the effect is muted/changed/less-potent.

Chop on time, you'll thank yourself. :)

Jynkum

Thanks for the advice. I don't know the strain. It was in a bag I got from my acquaintance. I'm just super excited that I've gotten this far and the wait is killing me.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It is always difficult to stare at those buds and have the patience to let them finish. The added time will be well worth the wait in both weight and effect.

Love the pink pistils!

Fiddynut

Hello, this is my first grow and I started flowering in a grow box but got my clones earlier than expected. I moved her out to the green house and am continuing her 12/12 schedule by putting a tarp over. Been flowering for about 8 weeks.
Greetings Jynkum. I am in the same boat as you. On my first grow and excited to smoke some of my first batch. People have been telling me that knowing when to chop is one of those things that just takes practice. As others have said get a scope, the more powerful the better. It's the only way to be sure. I got a 10x and it's not quite good enough. I hope your harvest is great!