What's new

Grow Space & Grow Technique

Tri_Cho_Me

Hey guys,

I have a 4x2x7 grow tent, will be using the P450 LED grow light from Advanced Platinum, and I only plan on growing two plants at a time in this space.

My question is, how do I know what growing technique (if any) to use for this size space? I am confused if some of the trimming, lolipopping, training, I've been reading about is because of the grow space being too small, or if its a yield thing?

What do you recommend for my setup?

Thanks for your help and knowledge in advance!

Tri_Cho_Me

kwikness

2 plants is really light for that much space, so you would definitely want to maximize the number of tops, or colas, your plants produce. This is accomplished through a variety of ways, most commonly, topping.

There are a lot of other ways of manipulating the plant to grow more tops as well.

I recommend running more than just two plants for that much space though.

Tri_Cho_Me

I just feel like the two feet wide thing is a bit of an issue. Obviously cannabis plants grow wider than that, so I figured they would take up more space in there.

Granger2

Veteran
Depends on what you need to fill your space. I would want to fill the space/canopy as low as you can. Good luck. -granger

Buddle

Veteran
Do some research on low stress training. If you are going to let them grow a la natural. I would suggest at least adding more plants likle Kwik suggested. Two untrained plants with a novice grower will be @ 2 zips on a good day.
Do some reading. Train them and you can greatly improve your yields.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I always felt like LED and ScrOG go hand in hand. The LED lights don't have much penetration, so a flat canopy is best IMO. You could LST, or Supercrop, but I find ScrOG easier to manage the canopy.

Tri_Cho_Me

I always felt like LED and ScrOG go hand in hand. The LED lights don't have much penetration, so a flat canopy is best IMO. You could LST, or Supercrop, but I find ScrOG easier to manage the canopy.

When do you start to ScrOG?

I actually have one installed already, but I think I am going to pass on using it for the first go-round.

Attachments

• ScrOG.jpg
    ScrOG.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10

Granger2

Veteran
The taller the plant, the farther the lower part of plant is from strong light. The lower part will just be scraggly low production, low potency. So why bother with a longer veg? Good luck. -granger

Tri_Cho_Me

The taller the plant, the farther the lower part of plant is from strong light. The lower part will just be scraggly low production, low potency. So why bother with a longer veg? Good luck. -granger

I can trim all that up and make sure the canopy is lit. The lower plant won't need light at that point. Also, from what I've read, the longer you veg, the bigger your plant will be when it flowers, thus bigger buds.

Tri_Cho_Me

Granger2

Veteran
Yes you can trim it up, but why? You've wasted time and increased cost by vegging longer, only to trim off the lower stuff so, in effect, you have taken longer to have a, e.g., 6 ft plant that is really only 3 ft on top of a bunch of bare stems. Do as you like. -granger

Tri_Cho_Me

Yes you can trim it up, but why? You've wasted time and increased cost by vegging longer, only to trim off the lower stuff so, in effect, you have taken longer to have a, e.g., 6 ft plant that is really only 3 ft on top of a bunch of bare stems. Do as you like. -granger

You may be right, I am just going based off the research I have done.

The lower stuff wouldn't make it to the light, like you said, so why keep it? My hypothesis is, the longer you veg, the bigger the bud, because the plant is more mature. And again, since the lower portions of the plant, not reaching light, were removed, all that energy went into the canopy...aka, the buds.

Granger2

Veteran
Tri,
I'm not arguing against removing the lower trash. I'm saying why veg so long that you have so much that needs to be removed. The bud size won't be that much different. Annual production is what to look at. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts