What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IF 100 People Lived On Earth

R

Robrites

Stoned, Drunk or Sober, this should give all humans something to think about. And something to talk about...

xDaf1uG.gif

Green Squall

Reminds me of the first rule on the Georgia Guildstones.

"1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

R

Robrites

I would never have guessed about the 6500 different languages ...I guess it is typical American arrogance that I believed most of the world spoke English.

If 100 people lived on earth...1 person would control the money. I knew it was bad but not that bad.

troutman

Seed Whore
Right now if the World population was reduced to 100 people I think most would die within a year.

Like ask yourself, how many people can live off the land right at this moment?

To survive you would have on be on your toes and grow food in a hurry.

Gasoline and electricity may not be available for long either.

All the supply chains we are so used to would die overnight I bet.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Most people depend on more than 100 people just through the conveinences they use everyday. Unless this 100 people are extremely clever this will not go well for them.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Right now if the World population was reduced to 100 people I think most would die within a year.

35%

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the only survivors would be among the few living "wild" tribes in South America, and a few farmers here & there. Amish perhaps? they don't need much help. there will be some Inuit in Canada & Alaska too. not sure about Aussie aboriginals. gonna be some folks in Africa make it as well...big city dwellers will be toast quickly.

R

Robrites

Yes, it would be tough. Having the right knowledge, the right equipment and most of all, living in the right place will greatly improve ones chances. I live in a place ancient and still pretty wild..Native Americans thrived here. I'd have a good start but soon the fish and game would dry up. Those with a secret garden and canning jars would have the best chance.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I can't help but notice... no weed growers/sellers amongst the crew!

someone best corner the market....... ;)

R

Robrites

I can't help but notice... no weed growers/sellers amongst the crew!

someone best corner the market....... ;)
I did mention equipment and knowledge! Which leads to a question...we got 100 people....How many are cops?

Also, no more indoor crops...The person with a seed stash would have a great advantage.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well, the stats did mention 1 person starving.

could be that lone stoner out of Twinkies :dunno:

and as far as cops/law???

Supply & Demand would be the rule of law in that world.

and I already know how to fish, so.......

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Supply & Demand would be the rule of law in that world.
and I already know how to fish, so.......

once a man got used to eating carp, you could smoke & store enough fish to live on every spring with a dip net when they were spawning. folks experienced with trad archery could save ammo for firearms for emergencies...

Midnight Tokar

Veteran

I actually think that most if not all would survive (as far as the food goes). Think about how much wild game there would be without millions of people chasing them. Also think about all the fruit trees, vegetables and other plants, fish and other water living "food" that would be everywhere without any competition and being over-harvested.
You'd really have to be the proverbial "guy living in Moms basement" to not be able to know or figure out how to feed yourself.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
yeah, people in the city would all head towards the only fruit trees they know exist, but if its the wrong time of year.....they are f**ked!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I did mention equipment and knowledge! Which leads to a question...we got 100 people....How many are cops?

So what would we get if we doubled the figure to 200 people?

The Dawn of Civilization: government (a cop, etc.), religion (a priest), marriage and prostitution and drugs to make it all palatable!:tiphat: