What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning

kukac

Great read
I have one stupid question
How to train plant to produce 6 colas?
I have small box. I can fit 4 plants, in 3 gallon pots, topped for 4 main colas and lollopoped. And there is still some free space. I like to have different strains and this time two of them will be sativa leaning hybrids. I want train them for 6 colas. I hope that that will help with hight control and fill some space.
So, wich is easyest way to acomplish that?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Great read
I have small box. I can fit 4 plants, in 3 gallon pots, topped for 4 main colas and lollopoped. And there is still some free space. I like to have different strains and this time two of them will be sativa leaning hybrids. I want train them for 6 colas. I hope that that will help with hight control and fill some space.

just top a lil higher so you have more nodes to grow into branches and into colas. or top your your 4 tops two nodes up so you have 8 tops.

AllStuff420

There are numerous options. As with children, the best time to begin training a plant is when it is young. As stems age, they become harder and woodier, making them more difficult to bend without breaking. New growth, on the other hand, is extremely adaptable.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This is how i train my plants. I grow seedlings in beer cups and as they grow i tie the main branch around the cup to make a spiral as shown in this drawing. So when i transplant them in the 3 gallon pots they are short and bushy thus Giving all the flowers a chance to grow the same size.. Then i train the branches around the pot when i switch to 12-12.
This method also works in vertical gardens you're just trying to grow around the pole.
1000022480.jpg
20231104_012414.jpg
20231104_012500.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

Great read

My technique to get 2-4 Main Colas. Been discussed on YouTube and quite a few sites. I developed "it" in the late 90's. I have topped every kind of plant material I could put my hands on to get the training I want, literally 10,000 or more both as a hobby and a niche ag biz.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/333990-anyone-tried-uncle-bens-topping-technique/

My main million + views thread. Pix are gone. https://www.rollitup.org/t/uncle-bens-topping-technique-to-get-2-or-4-main-colas.151706/

Uncle Ben

FJ2000

Is it cool to loose these 2 leaves? I tuck them but they pop right back up after a day.
Thanks everyone!
IMG_2047.jpeg

gorilla ganja

Some would disagree, but I say take them off. Leave most of the leaf stem. It will dry up and fall off on its own.
The plant looks nice and healthy.

Latest posts

Latest posts