What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cup 2018

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in which area of barca it's good to rent a place this cup event?
dont want to crouch tru the whole city super stoned :D
want to rent a non tobacco smokers house or appartement as near as can be so i need infos :)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think the guidelines for location were "draw a 1 km circle around Placa Catalunya and you'll be good". That was the info I used.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
exact details about location will not be shared till very close to the event and then only in the encrypted 420 section.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, same procedure like every cup event. but how long we must wait for the encrypted section and the infos this year? you know...the early birds... :)
at amsterdam it was easy because it was every time at the same area.
i am sorry, but if it takes to long and i can not rent some nearly as can be, don't count on me. meanwhile my illness and long distances are a no go for me and i am not able to rent last minute for the double costs or better with a lot stairs.
so...it would be a pity but than have a nice time without me. nevertheless i wish you a great 420

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The Metro is very good, you don't have to be in Eixample* at an expensive place to enjoy the cup, you are just adding some journey time to get home, the Metro; Buses, Commuter Trains and Trams are all really good, many people in BCN do not own a car

*Eixample is the area laid out in a grid, apart from the Sagrada Familiar end, generally pretty expensive

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Metro is very good, you don't have to be in Eixample* at an expensive place to enjoy the cup, you are just adding some journey time to get home, the Metro; Buses, Commuter Trains and Trams are all really good, many people in BCN do not own a car

*Eixample is the area laid out in a grid, apart from the Sagrada Familiar end, generally pretty expensive

It is expensive then ya get what ya pay for,,same as Holland,,,
nice for a quick hop and skip to some killer Argentine steak houses but again not cheap,,,,,,,
i think me and the missus paid £1100 for a ten day stay but not too sure as i dont think it was anymore but i would need to ask the wife,,,,,,,s2

Last edited:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
nice for a quick hop and skip to some killer Argentine steak houses but again not cheap,,,,,,,
i think me and the missus paid a couple of k for a ten day stay but not too sure as i dont think it was anymore but i would need to ask the wife,,,,,,,s2

4 and 5 stars are similiar price to amsterdam ,,i suspect and hope drinking and eating will be slightly cheaper :huggg:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah it is slightly cheaper to say the least, and better too !
So looking forward to this one.
I'll be there from the 16th to 21st. Still looking at airbnbs right now.
CC

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
4 and 5 stars are similiar price to amsterdam ,,i suspect and hope drinking and eating will be slightly cheaper :huggg:

I know where there is a 1 euro bar near the center, just do not every eat or drink anything at all ever on Las Ramblas.

All foreigners are given XXXL beers, unless you ask otherwise, a small one is "una canya"

Middle of the day, you can have a "Menu del Dia" ...usually all in (check small print) for e10 or e12, including drinks and coffee if you are lucky.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
new encrypted section for this years event is now open, hit me up for the PW. as venue space is a bit limited anyway, we are doing it the same as in the previous years.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran

never said that i want to rent at eixample. and i know that barca's metro is great, cause i was some times there and like this city very much. but have your metro or busses a toilet?! no,or?
unfortunatelly i need a toilett in a 5 min walk radius or i shit my pants off.:noway:
i cannot make a journey tru the city with my illness as i would like, you understand? if my body signaled that i need a toilett i need it immediatelly.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
i think me and the missus paid £1100 for a ten day stay but not too sure as i dont think it was anymore but i would need to ask the wife,,,,,,,s2

If you love meat, check out places called Brazil/Lenya.. .. they just walk around shaving bits off all different types of meats for you, eat all you want, is's a meat lovers paradise

zamzia

Veteran
If you love meat, check out places called Brazil/Lenya.. .. they just walk around shaving bits off all different types of meats for you, eat all you want, is's a meat lovers paradise

I've been to one of those places in Brazil, holy mutha of pearl! Fill your boots! Yum fucking yum!

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I've been to one of those places in Brazil, holy mutha of pearl! Fill your boots! Yum fucking yum!

Yes, even the one in La Maquinista shopping center in St Andreu, BCN is fantastic, so many different cuts of meat you would normally never eat, that are really great, it is an education, as well as a stuffing...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Wow! got my mouth watering,,,,
wish i would have known about these places when i was over for ten
days but next time,,,,,
nice one chaos,,,,,,,,,,,s2

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I am going to put up a guide with some recommendations for you all, one of which is a favourite already with a few of you..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chaos,,,
will ic cup peeps have to pay the 20 euro membership "fee" for every club they want to visit?,,,,,
As i am led to believe that the membership fee is totally non-negoiatable and must be paid,,,,,,
gonna work out expensive if peeps wish to visit 4 or more clubs,,,