What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My dogs. Which ones are yours? [Share your Photos]

TheMan13

Veteran
A couple of weeks ago our Quest turned 9 months or 5 human years old. So it's about time for her to go to school and she will begin her first basic obedience class next week.

Quest 2-20-24 9 months.jpg

CharlesU Farley

Looks like we don't have the Like button back on this thread but just so y'all know, the doggers that you've been posting are awesome!!!!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
This is an oil portrait I had done of my boy Dutch about eight years ago. I’ve had 13 German Shepherds and he is certainly the benchmark. I take him everywhere I go and have zero problems because of his excellent nature around people. He also has 600 hours of military training just in case he needs to use it. He will be 12 years old in a month and my heart is already breaking knowing he has a short time with us.
IMG_1315.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

This is an oil portrait I had done of my boy Dutch about eight years ago. I’ve had 13 German Shepherds and he is certainly the benchmark. I take him everywhere I go and have zero problems because of his excellent nature around people. He also has 600 hours of military training just in case he needs to use it. He will be 12 years old in a month and my heart is already breaking knowing he has a short time with us.
View attachment 18975453
Now that's fucking awesome!

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
View attachment 18975453

Hey Boo, I read your posts, both in your grow thread and OFT thread (big-time Lurker), and I know of your love and adoration of Dutch. It must be wonderful to have such a good pup. The portrait is beautiful.

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Now that's fucking awesome!
Hey Boo, I read your posts, both in your grow thread and TOF thread (big-time Lurker), and I know of your love and adoration of Dutch. It must be wonderful to have such a good pup. The portrait is beautiful.
thanks guys...Dutch found my cancer making him a service dog...he's been my world for the last 11.5 years but he's close to 12 and that's a long time for a big dog...he has been my life and 24/7 companion and best friend...I've found myself weeping while loving on him for the last few months...Ivan is the best second fiddle boy I've ever had...he's learned much from Dutch and his commands are quickly obeyed...just last night he went balls to the walls into the woods, I barked for him to come back and he did so super fast...he will carry my heart into the future...Ivan will have a younger brother when the time is right...

CharlesU Farley

thanks guys...Dutch found my cancer making him a service dog...he's been my world for the last 11.5 years but he's close to 12 and that's a long time for a big dog...he has been my life and 24/7 companion and best friend...I've found myself weeping while loving on him for the last few months...Ivan is the best second fiddle boy I've ever had...he's learned much from Dutch and his commands are quickly obeyed...just last night he went balls to the walls into the woods, I barked for him to come back and he did so super fast...he will carry my heart into the future...Ivan will have a younger brother when the time is right...
Understand _exactly_ what you're saying. Unfortunately, I've been in your situation many times because I've had dogs all of my life. Couple of things to keep in mind as you get ready to head down a rocky fucking road:

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart our lives to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands our heart."

1000008653.jpg

As much as I miss Augie, Nikki, Dogma, and Chaos and will never forget them, Star and Maya fill my heart with love everyday, every time I look at them. (y)

hfm

Gosh you all love your buddies as much as I love mine! Thats really awesome to hear or read the care coming through the screen when you talk about you friends :) I dont have
reaction buttons right now or youd see happy face loves!Great pictures!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
thanks chuck and hfm, I love my dogs more than any person I know...like you guys, I am facing the day I most regret...Thank God I have Ivan to help me thru...I fear for how he's gonna handle Dutch's passing...hopefully better that I will...I need him to be strong for me...

CharlesU Farley

Gosh you all love your buddies as much as I love mine! Thats really awesome to hear or read the care coming through the screen when you talk about you friends :) I dont have
reaction buttons right now or youd see happy face loves!Great pictures!
Yes we do!

maia.jpg

That's the newest addition to our family, now a year old.

This was my Karma girl, whose been gone 7 years now and it still hurts... I'm crying now because I thought of her reading this thread:

1000010933.jpg

Boo,

Ivan needs you to be strong for him as well. As you know, our doggers feed off of us, especially emotionally. Lot of people don't understand that but dogs read people so much better than people read dogs. Be strong for Ivan and he will be strong for you.

Last edited:

Dime

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpg
    IMG_4193.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240120_190223.jpg
    20240120_190223.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20221017_161400.jpg
    20221017_161400.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 700774129.jpg
    700774129.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 19

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I spent Thanksgiving up in the panhandle with a friend of mine that I met here online and he had a white lab. Ivan and the dog got along so well but Ivan is a dominant animal, so he spent four days with that poor dogs neck in his mouth. they would run around the yard and Ivan wouldn’t let go. He’s quite a handful at
imagejpeg_3.jpeg
times.

oldmaninbc

The animals we grow with and love give us the opportunity to better people. After reading these last several posts my heart has swollen to the point of bursting, I share your feelings of affection.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I think we can all agree that we do not deserve dogs… they make us better people, they love us, no matter what, they’re there for us when we need them the most, and they protect us with their lives… when I was working Dutch on his military training, there was an observer that was watching us closely for a few days. As we were heading to the truck, he intercepted me and offered me $50,000 for my best friend… I don’t understand how people can part with their best friends