What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official 2012 Beer Cup Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
My first update (27-05-2012 - Start of week 1 - Seed germination)

I've put the seeds in warm water earlier today, now I've put them in a nursery tray filled with my usual seed starting mix (50% peat, 25% coco, 25% perlite) and sprayed with water. As some of the seeds are older and some are too fresh, I have 1,2 or even 3 seeds in every tray space (I'll cull them if more than one germinates in each). I then plan on transplanting them after they get they're first set of true leafs into the 450 ml pots I got. (A bit less than 16oz. I got to buy them before the 18oz rule was announced, and I'll stick to them)
At the time of the transplant I'll decide which plants remain in the game. I'll veg them under T8 floros.

Almost all the seeds have something in common, and that's the fact that they contain genetics from different crosses of White Rhino (purple pheno) x Skunk#1 I'm working on for some time now.

A2 = Aurora Indica x (White Rhino (purple pheno) x Skunk#1 BX1)
B71 & B31= selected White Rhino (purple pheno) x Skunk#1 BX1 crosses
R3= Original White Rhino (purple pheno) mum x (high yelding cross)
BR & JR= some random test crosses using a selected White Rhino (purple pheno) x Skunk#1 BX1 male
BUBBA= one lost&found seed from a GHS Bubba Kush fem package - if it will germ will provide a nice comparison to the others

Some of them are grown for the first time, others not. And I've never flowered plants in recipients this size before. So, let's see how it goes from here and have fun. Good luck to all the fellow growers that join it! :joint:

L

LouDog420

And here we go!!

Still got lots of CJ/SB IX1 freebies to send in, so I can always ask a few be set aside if ya'll are interested in those as prizes...

Let's see those beans though.... Sittin in paper towels above my veg lights, scuffed and ready to rock!!
picture.php

picture.php

Once they pop, they'll get thrown in some peat pucks and tossed on top of a beer cup... Coco/perlite mix :D

moon.gif

Last edited:

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
exploziv that A2 sounds interesting for sure. ive grown AI a number of times so seeing a cross will be a pleasure :tiphat:

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Roughly how many times in one day do you have to water a beer cup size container with a large plant in it?? That's my only concern, it's about to get hot out, and probably cant water a few times a day. ANy input on this would be great! Much love friends, SL

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
joint..............phhhhssssssssst. ahhh better now.

wtf am i doin here? oh yeah! beer cup....challenge? that's a good one!

i have to alter my ego again?

subbed!

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Roughly how many times in one day do you have to water a beer cup size container with a large plant in it?? That's my only concern, it's about to get hot out, and probably cant water a few times a day. ANy input on this would be great! Much love friends, SL

Last time my plants did fine with just one watering a day but mine did not get as big as some of the monsters others grew.

V

vonforne

I know now what I am growing Satori x Flo. Low nutrient needs.

picture.php

we are on. What if I win my own seeds??? lmao

V

vonforne

I know now what I am growing Satori x Flo. Low nutrient needs.

picture.php

we are on. What if I win my own seeds??? lmao

V

vonforne

Here is the Pandoras Box x OG Kush pheno

picture.php

and here is the Knights Templar x OG Kush mama

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran

IIRC a few of the larger ones used bottom feeding. I've been doing it for quite awhile now and it's working very well for me. I water through the top sometimes and sometimes just dump straight into the bottom res.

Mulch would also help keep the top from drying out so fast.

Come on, SL, surely you can squeeze a cup or two into your garden? :watchplant:

trouble

Veteran
This should be a fun thread!

I remember the shot-glass challenge thread several years ago, and it was fun indeed!

Good-Luck to all!

:woohoo:

delic

I'm in. Planted 2 from my House of Love mix pack today. Both in decapated 500ml beer cans, hempy style.

picture.php

I hope to call these 2 the Stella Sisters. If they are male they get no name!

Good luck to everyone that's playing along

-delic

L

LouDog420

The stellar stellas shall rise again!!

Great lookin' bud shots V, a prize indeed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.