What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

back from the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man did i have a blast this year
i was even drinking and thats not me at all(but i was having such a ball i thought fuck it) o was knocking those jd's back lol
great meeting up with you guys
hazyfontazy and mrs hazy
jah hoover and mrs jah and toby
karma always good to see you bro
dr d
thsim
cheesey
peesh
dr pessure
mello fellow
paddi esbe and icetoker great to meet you guys
mc snappler
south florida
edelphant
mr haze
logic
bh if only for a quck 1
british bulldog
harry and ed from delta some amazing buble these guys had
soma
and many more i cant remeber jump in this thread to remind me if i missed you out
any way first on to the cup
thankyou gypsy nirvana and old pink for holding this cup,it is really a good cup blind judging and all
i wished there was more stuff organised but we will have to help organise more events next year
on to the weeds entered

fruity skunk = the chocolope cut from amsterdam
i called it this as i wanted it to get a fair hearing as i know the ic and dna do not get along
if old pink could change the name to chocolope on the scorelist that would be real cool of you guys
id like to thank don and aron for the selcted cut and also my 2 other buddy's who help get the cut to me
i overheard alot of people talking about number 6 and that was the chocolope and new it was going to do good
the sssdh was not the best grown version but it was still good compared to most,it was potent but the taste could of been beter

honourable mentions

karma man you are a real cool guy and the most generous person
your weed was really not fucking around this time
some killer dank
the best bits i tried of you was the nepali and the other hash you gave me cant remeber
kushage16x jack herer some real old school haze delicous
happy brother im really in love with this strain such a diferent flavour than anything else
nl5 haze delicous old school haze nicely cured(you can pick this up from katsu coffeshop)
i smoked a joint of the original haze karma given from the danish guys(i didnt meet you unfortunaly) but this was some real lovely original haze verysimilar to a pheno i had but this was much beter than my old 1,way more trichs than the pheno i had
lovely spicy hazy smell very like the a5 i tried but this was alot more fully flavoured and a great sativa buzz nice 1 guys i wished id smoked more of your stuff
i also heard the flo x original haze was also ver good
mr haze
boy did i enjoy the dry sift sesions me and edelphant had with you
dry sift nevils haze and ssh older than 5 years but as electric as ever
also the old school vintage nevil haze that you wanted to turn into oil(are you crazy)mr haze was ready for me to turn it into oil we smoked a joint before we was going to do it(one litle joint between 3 and we all had a buzz of it)of course its lost taste and potency but it still some killer shit
so any of you who think this is garbage maybe you just dont apreciate haze:wallbash:
i was like dam thats way to good to turn into oil are you crazy
and mr haze was like ok and the tub was put away for further keeping(save it
capt kryp took a pic of this nevils under the microscope and it is the most craziest looking shit
mad amber trichs with what looks like oil blobed all over the place, seriously some alien looking shit
also i tried some of capts weed the last day i went, thanks buddy
some fire,buba and some others
the fire was very kushy tasting and pretty dam potent nice 1 for the seeds capt
the buba was nicely grown and tasty
update later got to dash out

B

British_Bulldog

Hi OJ,

It's good to hear you made it back safe and sound! :)

lol, I was sat in the Greenhouse with everyone talking about the elusive "Number 6", and wondering what it's like, when in fact I was sat there smokin' it myself!!! :D

Only I was smokin' it as Chocolope, and not Number 6 or Fruity Skunk!

That vintage Nev's Haze tastes delicious doesn't it!! And it's a really nice smooth smoke :D

Your oil was also soooo smooth!!! As you know my tolerance is down at the moment, well compared to you guys anyway!! Compared to an average Joe I think I could still smoke 'em under the table....and then some!!

On the oil bong I was using every square inch of my lungs, holding it down, and not even a hint of a cough!! Nice job bro!! The flavour was awesome too!!

Then smoking the small bong, I couldn't believe how many hits I could get off a small worm! I think I counted 4-5 hits before I passed it back and enjoyed the ride!!

Peace

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Big up OJD, was a pleasure to meet you. Next year I should have my own produce to share!

The Chocolope was lovely, beautiful tasting weed. BB^ passed it to me in GH United. Wasn't at all surprised to return home to find it was the Cup winning Fruit Skunk.

Agree with you about more events too.. between everyone we should be able to organise a more exciting 420 next year! I've got one or two nightlife links in the Netherlands so maybe we can organise an IC420 club night..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Congrats ojd on winning the top accolades at this years 4/20...

I just read your post and I think you should know a little about why ICmag and myself have not alot of love for DNA...

When D & A first arrived in the Dam a few years ago I extended the hand of friendship to them since they would often come by my shop there. They were sinse growers from the westcoast that had just arrived and I suggested that they should make seeds....

I drove them around to score some pollen from some breeder friends and supplied them with a couple of hundred powerplant clones and even a couple of lights since they were low on funds and I told them to make the 'Who's Your Daddy' seeds that I bought from them for several thousand euros to give away as 'freebies' thru seedsdirect and seedbay to get their name out there and establish them as up-and-coming breeders....

I also gave them some Cindy'99 seeds that had come from the Brothers Grimm (my favourite breeders of all time) and advised them that Cindy'99 was a great stable/worked variety that would be excellent for breeding purposes....

I suggested that they buy a copy of Rob Clarks book 'Marijuana Botany' and learn how to properly breed good stable strains since at the time they did'nt have a clue....as time went by I purchased some of their early crosses from them and they started to supply the Grey Area with something they called 'Cannalope Haze'....I tried this 'Cannalope Haze' and it was quite obvious to me that it was Cindy'99.....this absolutely appaled me, that they would take something I had given to them, grow it, re-name it and sell it as something that they had created without any mention of the Brothers Grimm who took the time and effort to create Cindy in the first place.....Reeferman was in the shop that day and also confirmed that this 'Cannalope Haze' was indeed Cindy'99.....so I had a row with them about it (Cindy'99 is my all time favourite and I knew about the work that the Grimm Brothers had put into it since I had followed this strains development and had sold these seeds for quite some time)...

Basically they lied to me and tried to say that it was not cindy and any grower out there that bought this 'Cannalope Haze' was obviously given the wrong lineage without any kudos to the breeders that originally produced it.....this upset me because I like to see ACCURATE REPRESENTATION of any variety out there....

From then on I did'nt want to supply their seeds any more no matter what money I could have made doing so since it was obvious to me that these guys were just taking other breeders hard work and renaming it as their own....I did'nt sell their seeds for years then I found a few packs of these early crosses in my stash that they had sold me not long after we had first met and DG suggested that we should get rid of them thru seedbay.....so I did and they publically accused me of selling something that didnt come from them.....another lie...

Now I see you entering and winning the 4/20 Cup with something (Chocolope) from DNA and falsely calling it Fruit Skunk....and now you want us to change the name that you gave us when you entered it back to Chocolope? ....it kind of makes a mockery of the whole 4/20 Cup.....

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a whole mockery of the cup
are you serious
what cause i changed the name or cause you hate dna
i did not enter it for dna ,they had no clue
i enter it for me
i didnt know it would cause all this drama
this was a growers cup and this is what i did
grow some good herb

Mr.Dissent

ojd,

Deception regarding peds etc, sucks dude. Kinda why those other cats weren't welcomed in the first place?

How about we call it "Unknown/C99 hybrid" for some type of accuracy's sake, lol.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
a whole mockery of the cup
are you serious
what cause i changed the name or cause you hate dna
i did not enter it for dna ,they had no clue
i enter it for me
i didnt know it would cause all this drama
this was a growers cup and this is what i did
grow some good herb

ojd....I don't hate anyone...hate is far to strong of a thing to waste on anyone..(for it will consume you)......sure you grew some superb 'erb......and deserved to win like you did.....

I was just informing you about what I think of ACCURATE REPRESENTATION.....maybe you disagree?.....thats your choice....

and I am not trying to flame anyone here.....just telling it like it is...

BTW what is the lineage of this Chocolope?

mr.haze420

Veteran
ojd....I don't hate anyone...hate is far to strong of a thing to waste on anyone..(for it will consume you)......sure you grew some superb 'erb......and deserved to win like you did.....

I was just informing you about what I think of ACCURATE REPRESENTATION.....maybe you disagree?.....thats your choice....

and I am not trying to flame anyone here.....just telling it like it is...

BTW what is the lineage of this Chocolope?

the lineage of the chocolope from the dna description on their site,

We chose to cross our Original Chocolate Thai female with the Cannalope male, and then started backcrossing this to achieve a shorter flower time and still retain some of the Original Chocolate Thai qualities. What makes these Cannabis Seeds so special is that when you enjoy her you taste that chocolate you've been missing from the 80's! The Chocolope is the "ONE"! Not much haze, but you don't need it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
oh....so this Chocolope has Canalope Haze in it...which in reality is Cinderella'99 .....yet I have never seen D&A admit that....

...although its plainly obvious to most anyone I know....

I have grown plenty of Cindy'99 out and know what I am talking about....

ojd....no worries mate...

.....if you can understand that I helped these D&A guys out alot when they really needed it......and then they turn on me and take what I gave them to make seeds that they sell and don't even pay their respects to the breeders that created the line, while making out like they created it......that shows complete lack of respect.....

....I'm not trying to upset you here.....just think that you need to know...

Mr Dissent.....ojd's a great grower....I just don't think that he was completely aware of how I would feel about this matter....so there is no need to flame him....

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Come on ojd brother.....If "you didn't know it would cause all this drama" then why call it fruity skunk in the first place....
You etered it as Fruity Skunk.....You should have entered it as Chocolope...

Like you said it was a growers cup and your entry should have been judged on the merits of it's quality no matter where the clone/seed came from...

I cannot see your entry being tossed because it was called Chocolope...Or I hope it wouldn't...

Just an opinion.......................................CC

Mr.Dissent

Cleaned slightly,

But he deserves a little crap for the deception, he knew full well what he was doing.

I assume they "started backcrossing this" back to C99 for the shorter flowering period (making it mostly C99, after the BS clears).

B

British_Bulldog

Capt - like someone else said in another thread, if it had have been called Chocolope, then it probably wouldn't have got entered in the first place, and I think it was good enough to deserve a blind vote, not only in numbers but also in name in this place.

I think the reason Gypsy is pissed off with DNA is not because of their "lack of respect to BG", but really because they apparently lied outright to Gypsy's face.

It seems most of the main players in the Cup are more active on another rival site now anyway, so you could call that a much bigger mockery of the Cup.

Politics and seed wars are never ending in this game, and have been for at least 10 years on the boards!

I haven't had my finger to the political pulse lately, and found out that some other Cup attendies weren't on speaking terms, much to my surprise, and really, disappointment.

I say it's justified that OJ mislabled the Chocolope in order to get a fair vote,

Peace

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
IF you want to talk about ACCURATE REPRESENTATION, how bout we discuss where all the 4/20 seed auction money actually went.

1. What event did it pay for?
2. What venue did it pay for?
3. What party or performance?
4. Maybe it would have been best to say 4/20 Gypsy 5-star Greenhouse Apartment and Airfare Fundraiser Auction Sale?
5. How long before I get banned if I bring it up on ICMAG?
6. How fast will this post be deleted?
7. How is a Moderator on here that sells seeds on Seedbay allowed to post pictures of peoples faces without reprimand?

All these questions I heard from several important members on this site. But yet, it wont be brought up, or if it is, it will be deleted, banned, and censored, immediately.

Sorry, oj, for bringing this up in your thread, but I couldnt hold off on any ACCURATE REPRESENTATION

oh, and, yes, i was one of the jackasses that paid 300 euros for a judges pass and bought a few seed auctions on seedbay to support.

Well basically man...

It's called 'common rivalry, interspersed with jealousy....and a modicum of hate-mongering to harbor discontent'......I have had this sort of piffle from other cannaboard owners and their sock-puppets for nigh-on 10 years now.....if you notice I don't get involved in slinging this sort of rubbish at others.....why?.....because I don't need or want to, lowering myself to their sort of level is beneath my common mode of ethical practice.....

Organizing such an event as the icmag 4/20 growers and breeders cup involves organizing and paying for such things as staff, accommodation, paying for places to hold it in...e.g. Mila's.....plane fares, laminates, t-shirts, the cups/awards themselves cost around $2000 including shipping....and the time taken from busy schedules to do it all amongst other sundry costs......my server, bandwidth and webmaster bills amount to around 20,000 euros per quarter on top of that....I didn't stay in any 5 star hotel.........but it was expensive as most everything is these days...particularly in Holland...

The fundraiser was and is not only to help pay for the running costs of the 4/20 cup but also the server fund, costs of which are ever increasing due to the sheer volume of information available on ICMAG.COM and the amount of users that use it freely every minute of every hour of every day.....naturally the fundraiser donators are voluntary contributors to this site and it's yearly 4/20 Cup....and all the ICMAG staff thank them for any contributions, every bean helps...

If you paid for a judges pass then you got much more value for your money than if you would have tried to buy any similar amount of quality 'erb or hash from any coffee shop you care to name...if you could find such quality....which I doubt...

...can you tell me who this person is that is posting pics of attendees without their consent?....I would like to know...

so there ya go...

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Ed your post is up bro...Believe one thing,,,if you had posted something like this about Logic your shit would be deleted and you would be feeling like British Hempire right now....Deleted,,,post ,account and reputation....LOL...

:laughing:

Look at the BS that has gone down over the last 12 months....
Isn't it time to close this chapter?????
You are fighting someone elses fight...:dueling:

The little guy should worry more about his vendors happiness and stop worrying about Gypsy....LOL...:fsu:

funny last time you posted here was in january...But I'm sure you are just tellin' it like it is...

But thats just my .02

Misrepresentation= 5 star greenhouse apartment... please!! 5 star,,and you want to talk about spreading it on thick....LMAO!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah.....why are you worrying about me all of the time?...

...all I do is try to get more people growing, and support them with the information required....and put on a very special flower show once a year...

...sheeesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts