Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > KIS Organics discount code?

Thread Title Search
KIS Organics discount code? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 AM #11
KIS

KIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
High road indeed.
Good job kis. Your character is as good or better than your company. And I love your company and your podcast has gave many hours of enjoyment.
Thanks! Much appreciated! I've got some really exciting podcasts lined up for 2019.
KIS is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 01:07 AM #12
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Thanks! Much appreciated! I've got some really exciting podcasts lined up for 2019.
Can I ask what nl you used in your nl deepchunk cross?

Thanks
theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 05:06 AM #13
KIS

KIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the roughKIS is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJointedOne View Post
Can I ask what nl you used in your nl deepchunk cross?

Thanks
I think you have the wrong person. Grew a NL x Haze back in the day from a 20 year old seed Coot cracked, but didn't keep the genetics. I'm guessing you meant to quote someone else.
KIS is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM #14
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
High road indeed.
Good job kis. Your character is as good or better than your company. And I love your company and your podcast has gave many hours of enjoyment.
Agreed.

Excited about the new podcasts Tad! Keep up the great work.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 12:54 PM #15
h.h.

h.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to all
Quote:
I like that idea....hit me up through email or DM, I'd be curious to learn more. Thanks.
You could possibly partner with Rocky Mountain and produce castings on site. It would be cheaper and give them good promotion.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 09:38 PM #16
BobMarley99

BobMarley99 will become famous soon enoughBobMarley99 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a plan! Keep it up!
BobMarley99 is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM #17
Greenthumber

Greenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Trace,

I hear you, shipping is tough. You must be located far away from us in WA State. I've tried negotiating with UPS for better rates, which helps, but the soil weighs around 40 lbs since we use pumice instead of perlite and other heavy ingredients like basalt, glacial rock dust, and fish compost.

We are a really small company of only 12 people, running a 7 acre farm. I wish we could command the shipping rates of a company like Amazon.

I am exploring options to have mixing facilities in other states, but it's a long process of registering with the state, sourcing local materials, and then creating a soil mix that will match or exceed what we currently offer. The biggest issue I've had is finding a quality compost or earthworm castings that's affordable and I would want to grow in.

We are doing our best, but I realize for people far away, that's not much of a solution. You might see if Buildasoil is closer or check out our Nutrient Pack, which allows you mix our same recipe using local inputs (peat, compost, aeration).

Or, post some ingredients on here of what you can source locally and tag me and I'm happy to chime in with input on a recipe.

Hope that helps!
Thatís the route Iím taking! Being In Michigan I have a build a soil near me so I will take advantage of that and order some of your mineral mix.. 2 quick questions when you have a moment.
What is a good rule of thumb for amount of organic mineral/substance to re amend come that time?
Also after adding your mineral mix what is a good timeframe to let it cook for before using?

Also Iíd like to add what youíre doing educating the misinformed or uninformed couldnít be appreciated more! Your podcasts are truly amazing and a wealth of information Iíve listened to quite a few of them some more than a few times to let it soak in! Awesome job and thank all of your friends as well. The books Iíve recently ordered Iím sure I will soon find out will be nothing but great as well. Thanks again tad!
Greenthumber is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:50 AM #18
KIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthumber View Post
That’s the route I’m taking! Being In Michigan I have a build a soil near me so I will take advantage of that and order some of your mineral mix.. 2 quick questions when you have a moment.
What is a good rule of thumb for amount of organic mineral/substance to re amend come that time?
Also after adding your mineral mix what is a good timeframe to let it cook for before using?

Also I’d like to add what you’re doing educating the misinformed or uninformed couldn’t be appreciated more! Your podcasts are truly amazing and a wealth of information I’ve listened to quite a few of them some more than a few times to let it soak in! Awesome job and thank all of your friends as well. The books I’ve recently ordered I’m sure I will soon find out will be nothing but great as well. Thanks again tad!
Are we talking mineral mix or Nutrient Pack? The mineral mix is mostly some calcium sources and rock dusts, not NPK, therefore won't cause the soil to heat up. However, you probably need less of that than you think, as there may be sufficient levels in your soil. This is where a soil test is useful.

For the Nutrient Pack, I would suggest a soil test as well, but barring that information, we typically recommend adding 1-2 regular per yard of soil and then 1 cubic ft of high quality compost or EWC. After the first cycle you may want to add a bit more aeration amendments and also cut some of the Ca sources, depending how the the cultivars you're growing are uptaking the Ca. I've found it tends to build up over time with many of the most common cultivars, also raising pH. We can make some of those adjustments for you as well with the Nutrient Pack we send you if you share your test results with us.
KIS is offline Quote