Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2018

Thread Title Search
NFL 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 05:09 AM #561
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
OH almost went for short rib today, the salmon chowder sounded pretty good too, got cheap should have made the 20 something minute drive. https://www.fiveloavesbakery.com/lunch/

Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 AM #562
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
I guess Patriots have a likelihood to do really well in this draft despite being Champs! Sweet! The Great Train rolls on! yeah according to Yahoo but even despite the draft I love our chances! Saying jerseys should be burned was really low class attitude. Anyway, Pats may be done for a while in a few years or maybe not, but I think we got another 1 or 2 easy in us yet! Go 2019 Patriots!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:15 AM #563
Space Toker

I hear next years slogan (got a guy called Hogans heroes right?) is stairway to heaven, no stairway to seven. Yeah 7 baby! Go 2019 Patriots!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:33 PM #564
NEW ENGLAND

NEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to beholdNEW ENGLAND is a splendid one to behold
Damn I'm a Pat's fan as well,but no need to rub the salt in.
It's a new year for everyone,good luck to all our teams.
The better the competition,the better for the true fans of football.Respect to Andy Reid and his team,you guys made it worth watching.
NEW ENGLAND is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM #565
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Eh, it's all good NE. The pats have won 6 rings together, tied with the steelers as a franchise, although Pitt did it in the 70s and then the 00s.
If brady plays till he's 45, that's 3 more years to try to win a 7th title, breaking the tie with the steelers as a franchise and with michael jordan as a player.

Belichick has done a great job of molding the team so theyre not so reliant on brady to carry them as he ages. Spending their 1st rd pick on a RB last year was unexpected, but sony michel scored a bunch of td's in the playoffs, including the only one in the superbowl. and of course the defense was stellar in the playoffs, mostly.

That cafe looked pretty good, Toker, and somewhat reasonably priced for a place with some fancy sounding dishes.

I dont think kyler is much shorter than russell wilson or drew brees, and those dudes seem to find plenty of throwing lanes to have success. Plus kyler's mobility will help him find space to throw. So long as he doesnt take too many hard hits while scrambling i think he'll be fine.

As for who's worthy of being #1, well pass rushers are always highly valued, it's one of the few ways you can stop a high powered passing offense. If nick bosa can be a top 5 edge rusher in a year or two, he'll be worth the #1 overall.

I took a look at that mamacita's toscino mix, seemed interesting. A lot of sugar, some salt, and annatto powder, which is like a mexican spice that tastes of pepper and nutmeg? Supposed to be good on pork... maybe next time im in the grocery store or a mexican grocery store ill buy a packet, see how it tastes.

Now that i think about it, K.hunt (heh, johnson, chubb and khunt) will probably be suspended for at least half the year, and his contract is only about 1M so he makes a nice insurance policy in case nick or duke get hurt. But im not sure they should try a 3 headed backfield; it works out for the patriots but didnt for the saints. I think chubb and hunt are the type of backs who need plenty of touches to get going, not one drive here, one series there.
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 01:43 AM #566
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
i agree that a good back need to get touches his share of touches to get into a groove and produce
i think there is a lot of overlap in the skill set between hunt and chubb but it could make for some interesting play calling
thats a good point about hunt being a sort of insurance policy
he might not even be allowed to suit up next season and a lot is riding on him being removed from goodels naughty list
i read some more about the deal and cleveland has wording that says he must take resposability for his actions and also attend treatment
it sounds like a good deal for the browns either way with a lot of upside
yeah the toscino isnt hard to make, i found a bunch of recipies online, but ive had the ribs made with the packete seasoning and it was off the hook
im pretty sure he just used the directions on the package and some garlic soy (i remember asking him what he put into it)
i havent watched tape on the kid yet but that was one of the first things i noticed about kylar, comparing him to fltuie or brees would be pretty high end as far as outcomes go
/both of them were once chargers
it looks like hes committed to football so i hope he pans out
i have nothing about smaller guys getting their shot and who knows how his skill set translates to the nfl
he sounds like a hell of an athlete tho
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 05:36 AM #567
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
On Carr.. I think Gruden will keep him even though it's obvious by his actions he only wants guys he drafts. But Carr was Gruden's guy on his espn Qb camp back then so that makes me think he will work with him. I'm thinking he will draft a later round qb as a backup/project.

I'm surprised the browns signed Hunt, I would have signed Jeremy Hill. He looked like a monster before getting hurt and IR'd for the Pats. Then again maybe I shouldn't be surprised it is the Browns. I sure hope the Pat's resign him.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 PM #568
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Hunt may be a better receiver than Chubb but chubb is no slouch as a pass catcher. Maybe once hunt comes back from suspension, theyll think about letting duke johnson go or trading him so they can just give work to two backs instead of three.
It's good that kareem is underdoing counseling, i think most of his problems stem from binge drinking, if he can use responsibly or not at all he should be all right.

It'll be interesting to see where kyler murray goes, arizona has the 1st overall but already said theyre going to stick with josh rosen, maybe theyll trade down for extra picks, whenever you finish with the worst record in the league you usually need help everywhere.

I dont really watch the gruden QB sessions for the draft, seems like he likes every qb for one reason or another. They all have their different strengths and weaknesses. But I agree, i think gruden would ditch carr in a heartbeat for someone he likes more.

Jeremy hill had an awesome rookie year but fell off quickly after that, from what i recall from fantasy football.
Was he good for the pats before being injured? I guess that's his issue, he can never stay healthy enough to play to his potential...

Welp, Antonio brown is going to get traded. He's 30 but should still have some good years left, and for a fairly cheap price, like 11-15M yr for the next 3 years.

And Joe Flacco has already been traded to the broncos, which means case keenum is out of a job unless he renegotiates. No way the broncos are paying 18M yr to a backup QB, and doubt any team would trade for him with that much money owed to him.
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 01:48 AM #569
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
so i have to ask, is joe flaco elite?!?
obviously john elway thinks so
/a "mid round" pick (im hearing 4rth) and a big hit to their salary cap is what they are giving up
if he pans out the broncos will still be an outside shot in the afc west; that division is stacked
but it puts them in the picture once again
the best they could hope is to pull a wild card spot for now; until i see them light things up i still think the chiefs and chargers are the cream of that crop
if flaco does pan out they could have a good team; they have a stout defense and a developing run game
/has one division ever produced three playoff teams before? well it could happen in the west
#f'spanos

i think a.brown has a lot of value and would be an asset to any team that has the moeny to spend regardless of his years
for some guys age aint nothing but a number
he keeps himself in excellent shape and i could see him producing at an elite level for a few more years at least
/dident lary fitzgerald say he was playing another season, hes getting up there in years too but is an amazing athlete
i think chubb is just getting his feet wet and is still going to develop as an nfl back
/if hunt is allowed to play i think he would be better trade value...

radiers drafting another qb sounds solid
good insight about gruden having some history with carr on his tv qb camp (i dident get to see it either)
but they have a ton of picks in the first round so they may even pick someone one upin the first round if someone drops that far
i think their last first round pick is like the #24(?)
/just looked its #27 from dallas
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 05:24 AM #570
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
I liked Flaco but he has to be 1 of the most inconsistent Qb ever. He can be lights out 1 game and God awful the next.

I don't see 3 teams from 1 division making the playoffs because they play each other twice. So lets say they split 3 and 3 then they all would have to be almost perfect against all other teams. My guess is KC wins and Sd/Den would battle for a wild card if Den is any good.

Jeremy Hill was lights out in the preseason but got hurt in the 1st game. He had like 4 carries for 55 yards when he went down early in the game.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote