Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > ICMag 420 Cup > IC 420 Rules & Entering conditions

Thread Title Search
IC 420 Rules & Entering conditions Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 06:13 PM #31
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrick View Post
This is the level we need to shoot for,,,imo,, all samples should be iso 17025 accredited and gc tested,,

How do you guys feel about the white Ash test too?

Cbd category,, genius,, this marks a change in the game,, it's now about terp contents, chemotypes, cbg, thca,, we grow crystals nowadays,,, so so much has changed since 1999

It's weak to not test entries,, cali guys have got the right idea nowadays,, test or its black market

Also,, truecannablis makes a good point,,, if one were to actively look to influence results,, you may simply take multiple friends who can identify by site,, the only way to stop this would be to limit judging passes,, only alow individuals from different walks of life,, no buddy groups or clicks,, or anyone involved in the industry apart from being a grower and smoker,,
at this stage we have a situation where you can't judge any category you entered, neither can your crew members or employees. further more we have an outlier recognition system that lets us check for tactical voting. all the scores will be visible to all like always. can't do more then that. most cups don't even have transparent voting set up, where as we do it openly and entries are numbered randomly.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:16 PM #32
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

ojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant future
Transparent voting( all scores posted online after Cup) makes this the most legit cup there is.
Yes you might be able to cheat but we will see and either disqualify or it will be known all over the industry so just as bad.

Peace

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:25 AM #33
hazyfontazy

hazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud of
Quote:
This is the level we need to shoot for,,,imo,, all samples should be iso 17025 accredited and gc tested,,

How do you guys feel about the white Ash test too?

Cbd category,, genius,, this marks a change in the game,, it's now about terp contents, chemotypes, cbg, thca,, we grow crystals nowadays,,, so so much has changed since 1999

It's weak to not test entries,, cali guys have got the right idea nowadays,, test or its black market

Also,, truecannablis makes a good point,,, if one were to actively look to influence results,, you may simply take multiple friends who can identify by site,, the only way to stop this would be to limit judging passes,, only alow individuals from different walks of life,, no buddy groups or clicks,, or anyone involved in the industry apart from being a grower and smoker,,
All entries delivered by Matt brinks and all judges to have medical and criminal screening. ..

Cause we wouldn't want it to be fun would we !
hazyfontazy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:20 AM #34
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
I don't want to seem dogmatic but testing is bound to be a factor at some point,, how much do we actually care about iso 17025?,, it's a fair question

Old 02-23-2019, 06:45 PM #35
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant future
Hi all!

Count me this year!

Nico Farmer is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2019, 09:02 PM #36
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Wish my flowers would be done in time to participate this year, but I don't think that will be the case. It'll have to be my goal for 2020. I've always wanted to, but timing never seems to work out. I need to plan better!!!

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 PM #37
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
I don't want to seem dogmatic but testing is bound to be a factor at some point,, how much do we actually care about iso 17025?,, it's a fair question
we have looked at this before mate, but it's a bit pricy, any test worth doing will cost in the region of 100 to 200 euros per sample depending what all it's tested for. this would totally change the whole way the cup is run as it would mean charging people to enter so we can at least partially cover the testing, but then thats just the beginning, a real test that people won't just scoff and laugh at, takes times, no way can a lab test 70 to maybe 100 and more samples in a matter of 4 days. in the end this cup is about what the judges like, i doubt pesticide weed will taste nice. in principle i agree, testing far bad shit is the next step, just need to find the right resources to make it possible.

as for tests to tell you the thc amount etc, i find those totally irrelevant, have seen low thc strains like sour power beat out high thc level strains too many times to take much account of the thc numbers alone, when we know it's about the ratios and the terps too.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:50 AM #38
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Yes,, i totally understand

Old 02-24-2019, 11:11 PM #39
gaiusmarius

Quote:
Yes,, i totally understand
don't get me wrong, in principle it's a great idea. we just need to find a way to make it feasible.

wold be great to know there are no pesticides, molds etc....on the other hand if you enter anything other then the best of the best you won't stand a chance in this cup, so i imagine folks are not entering such rubbish in the first place.

still, its certainly something worth keeping in mind for the future.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:40 PM #40
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

That's exactly how I feel in a nutshell