What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specifics of Growing in Australia

rexamus616

Veteran
bugger the seeds.... grow clones. might need to stake them up, but they'll finish earlier.

no worries for the articles. but theres more to find out there. google hard. and grow hard.

\m/

Cabri

Hello Aussies, You Wanted to tell you that your pot scene sucks for tourists getting taken in Nimbin and Byron like sitting Ducks. No one helps cept to help themselves.
Your product is mostly lower grade and expensive.Same for a lot of the Motels too.
Where the hell are you well, We came, We saw and we spent a lot for nothing better then you can anywhere. Wake up Australia.
Aye.

Squiggles

Cabri there is some damn good pot around mate
and even us aussies get taken for a ride in nimbin
if you are not a local it comes down too luck and
the old saying "its not what you know but who you know"

as to motels you get what u pay for, you want luxury id go for a hotel eh

pinkskunk

cabri why would the nimbin growers sell you there high grade when they can sell you there shit for the same price simply cause its from NIMBIN! like the same as people buyin two white tshirts,one is from bonds or kmart the othe calvin klein why is that same white shirt 5times the price as the bonds prod,The name. its not as though we advertise nimbin as the best pot in the world or do we advertise it as a place to score weed,its a place where people accept weed and love it,you wanna sample some nice weed in oz go to any town find the right guy and have your cash ready,indoor or outdoor we got plenty of high grade weed,you just gotta find it! aye mate...

rexamus616

Veteran
yeah, and we fckn grow it!

(the high grade stuff that is...)

Anyways, any more input on the specifics of growing in Australia, or just people putting down our pot scene?

Anymore soil charts?

Anyone know where to host a web page for free? Or somewhere i can upload these pages?

Brushtail

Rexamus, ill try and find some soil profile maps for the east coast soon.
One thing that really sticks out when getting down to digging holes is that soil profiles can change over a matter of a couple of hundred meters. You can be digging quartz sand and move down the road to Bauxite laden silt. What a wonderful place we live :)
Get it rolling fellow aussies.

B

pinkskunk

yeah brushtail spot on with the soil profiles can be completely different in a single km radius,best to just hit the bush with a pick and shovel and ph kit,dolamite lime and dymamic lifter,if your in realy shit rocky matter i recomend mushroom compost as an extra medium,bout 40dollars a ute load. iv put clones straight into this with no fert at all and they powered right through no worries.

rexamus616

Veteran
Hughsey; Say something useful or shut up. Please.

Brushtail, you seems to know abit of geology, fill us in on some of these soil-types.... I know quarts is silicone based... (well i think i know) What about bauxite.... Do any of these minerals affect pH or nutrient levels?

They make us do soil in cert II horticulture, but I started this semester, and it was at the beginning, so maybe next year I could add something on this topic.

So far I only know abit about soil texture... Clay Loam Sand and all that shite. I'll try scan some of it soon.

Also, I remember some bastard yakkin on about red soils... maybe it was on Overgrow.... Anyhow they said it had good "structure" or something..... Anyone know anything more about this?

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, I remember some bastard yakkin on about red soils... maybe it was on Overgrow.... Anyhow they said it had good "structure" or something..... Anyone know anything more about this?

Hey Rex when I hear 'red soils' I think of the harsh but beautiful central Aus,,, & wally's garden. :yummy:

Wev

Hey we are not vying for Cattle Stations here but on my Stud Farm there the good old sand that westralias famous for and the good ole red dirt marawana.

Riverbank loam is almost unbeatable,feed occasionally and stand back.

rexamus616

Veteran
Whats wrong with cattle stations? (wait, don't answer that) I love my red meat!!

All this stuff said about good dirt and all, don't go out and TAKE the soil to another location, thats f-ed up. and will damage our environment and so on.

BY the way, Moderators, Is there enough good info in here to warrant a 'sticky'?

Schlossi

inside of dead stumps that stuff with miracle grow with produce outdoor pounds. I made a hundred in the backyard @ mums.

Brushtail

Hey everyone, i have found some great resources. While browsing a rather large collection i came across a complete albiet old geological survey of Australia. While this is rather broad it still provides some good information, whilst there i also came about several other useful books. I shall endevour to photocopy them next time and provide full reference if other want to read them firsthand.

b