What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You can read the Pros and Cons until you pass out HERE. Thread called WET VS. DRY TRIMMING.

yes , thats right . there's no right way or wrong way .
That being said, the thread did demonstrate a lot of inconclusive data.
It also demonstrated it all depends on each and everyone's set up. If you are drying a few plants or processing an entire crop (commercial).

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hand trimming wet, IMO it gives a better end result.

Trimming dry I find I loose more, also it's easyer to controll the drying speed once they are trimmed.

But each to their own

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That being said, the thread did demonstrate a lot of inconclusive data.
It also demonstrated it all depends on each and everyone's set up. If you are drying a few plants or processing an entire crop (commercial).
Well put.

Everyone has a different setup and environmental conditions. I highly recommend trying different ways until you find what works best for you.

:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
To me, the discussion is akin to: Whether we say tomatoes or tomahtoes.

Disagree. Dry trimming is a whole lot better, unless you're a commercial grower, and have fifty tons to trim. JMO, but the results ARE different.

Everything I have to say on the subject is on the thread I provided a link for.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Both! I take the buds off wet trim the big fans off, hang dry, and later groom. Like the above said there is no right or wrong way - just whatever works for you.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If you have a dry climate, trim dry, if you have a humid climate, trim wet.

thc43

Veteran
50/50 and your room humidity will play a part. i strip the fans on site get to managable lengths and if you have mostly indica in there eye on tops.

Latest posts

Latest posts