What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roadside Drug Testing Experiment

hoki2test

Veteran
IN PORT HEDLAND WESTERN AUSTRALIA DRUG SWABS ARE THE NORM...BEEN LIKE THAT IN THIS TOWN FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS...BASICALLY IF YOUR ON THE ROAD AFTER 9PM AT NIGHT THEY AUTOMATICLY ASSUME YOUR ON DRUGS OR GOING TO BUY THEM....THEIR IS A HUGE COMMUNITY OF DRUG USERS WHO HAVE TESTED POSSITIVE AND LOST THEIR DRIVERS LIECENSE RIDING MOUNTAIN BIKES!...I JOKE YOU NOT LOL GROUPS OF THE THEM EVERYWHERE IN THAT TOWN ON MOUTAIN BIKES...I CALL THEM THE MOUNTAIN BIKE CARTEL!....AND NO I DONT WANT TO JOIN THEIR GANG!...HA ha

Old fark

You would think port headland police would have something more useful to do for the community.
I bet their not wearing helmets����✌️

ozzieAI

Veteran
well i have decided to move away from vaping and have now started making canna caps with some old iso oil i made...working well...a little goes a long way...

SoulAdventurer

hi ozzie.. thanks for doing your own research on this stuff.. are they testing for residue? If so, would it be safe to say that brushing your teeth after smoking a joint give you a negative result?

ozzieAI

Veteran
hi ozzie.. thanks for doing your own research on this stuff.. are they testing for residue? If so, would it be safe to say that brushing your teeth after smoking a joint give you a negative result?

that is what i was trying to find out with my experiment...yes they test for residue...

i think brushing your teeth would help...

Mick

Veteran
IN PORT HEDLAND WESTERN AUSTRALIA DRUG SWABS ARE THE NORM...BEEN LIKE THAT IN THIS TOWN FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS...BASICALLY IF YOUR ON THE ROAD AFTER 9PM AT NIGHT THEY AUTOMATICLY ASSUME YOUR ON DRUGS OR GOING TO BUY THEM....THEIR IS A HUGE COMMUNITY OF DRUG USERS WHO HAVE TESTED POSSITIVE AND LOST THEIR DRIVERS LIECENSE RIDING MOUNTAIN BIKES!...I JOKE YOU NOT LOL GROUPS OF THE THEM EVERYWHERE IN THAT TOWN ON MOUTAIN BIKES...I CALL THEM THE MOUNTAIN BIKE CARTEL!....AND NO I DONT WANT TO JOIN THEIR GANG!...HA ha

I'm from Vic and went through Port Hedland on the way to Broome last year. Imo, the only way to live in Port Hedland would be to be off you friggen face on drugs or alcohol. I turned around and backtracked before I hit the city centre because the landscape was so depressing.
Got drug tested outside Karatha after being high on edibles the night before, but passed. Looked like they were testing every car and truck going north. The cops said they were mainly looking for meth.

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
Got drug tested outside Karatha after being high on edibles the night before, but passed.

thats good to know....i rarely vape now...just pop canna caps...

Mick

Veteran
thats good to know....i rarely vape now...just pop canna caps...

I recently got tested for alcohol twice in the one week near where I live and was high on edibles both times. I had to make an effort to get my eyes wide open. Western Australia is a whole other thing. Going through quarantine coming in is like going to another country. I'm surprised you don't need a friggen passport. Bastards cleaned me out and even took 2 jars of expensive organic honey, but they didn't find the good stuff.

the saliva sticks used by police are ph reliant ... meaning.

if you have recently eaten a orange or similar will throw the ph out in your mouth causing the test to not give a positive.

simple food grade citric acid you can buy at coles is suppose to throw the test off... or a bottle of lemon juice that you swish in your mouth.

if you see an rbt/mdt ahead the theory is dump citric acid onto your tongue and let it sit on your tongue where you rub the scraper .. do not swollow but allow it to sit on it and when they ask you to do the test place it where you put the citric acid .. or swish some lemon juice in your mouth .. the bottle you can buy from the shops .. anything highly acidic will work

if you ever see flashing lights behind you to pull over just do it quickly before pulling over and expect the mdt .. ;)

they ask you to rub your tongue around your cheecks well they cant see if your doing that when mouths shut ..so pretend to.

just make sure you hide the little can of citric acid .. police read these forums and will surely pass that onto the higher ups

if they see your attempting to beat the test they will take you back to the van for sure .. that test is harder to beat ..

good luck ..

Last edited:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
the saliva sticks used by police are ph reliant ... meaning.

if you have recently eaten a orange or similar will throw the ph out in your mouth causing the test to not give a positive.

simple food grade citric acid you can buy at coles is suppose to throw the test off... or a bottle of lemon juice that you swish in your mouth.

if you see an rbt/mdt ahead the theory is dump citric acid onto your tongue and let it sit on your tongue where you rub the scraper .. do not swollow but allow it to sit on it and when they ask you to do the test place it where you put the citric acid .. or swish some lemon juice in your mouth .. the bottle you can buy from the shops .. anything highly acidic will work

if you ever see flashing lights behind you to pull over just do it quickly before pulling over and expect the mdt .. ;)

they ask you to rub your tongue around your cheecks well they cant see if your doing that when mouths shut ..so pretend to.

just make sure you hide the little can of citric acid .. police read these forums and will surely pass that onto the higher ups

if they see your attempting to beat the test they will take you back to the van for sure .. that test is harder to beat ..

good luck ..

Citric acid....you are dreaming.

rexamus616

Veteran
Got swabbed today... was sure I was a goner.....

Passed no worries! hahahaha....

Only had one cone about an hour before being tested, but had a large coffee before the test....

Couldn't believe it when he gave me my licence and said "No worries mate, you're right to go...."

Took ages to come back to the car!

Technique

Always drugwipe duo blue Securetec device Nsw/Act

1:30 first time after smoking
1:10 next time
0:30 next time
0:10 minutes my best and i was shitting myself this time.
and last was only about 45 minutes

never used anything to try hide it. i must just spit acidic or someshit. or possess a teflon tounge. somewhat heavy smoker too

ozzieAI

Veteran
Always drugwipe duo blue Securetec device Nsw/Act

1:30 first time after smoking
1:10 next time
0:30 next time
0:10 minutes my best and i was shitting myself this time.
and last was only about 45 minutes

never used anything to try hide it. i must just spit acidic or someshit. or possess a teflon tounge. somewhat heavy smoker too

more good info...thanks...

the more i read and investigate shows just how unreliable these tests are...

had a friend busted DUI smoking some good buds...and another friend let off after smoking leaf and tip....

go figure????

T

Teddybrae

Hey OzzieA1 ... is it true that after some years chronic users of cannabis ALWAYS read positive?

The Missus and I have eaten cannabis uninterupted for years and suspect it is ALWAYS cruising around our body's system ...

ozzieAI

Veteran
Hey OzzieA1 ... is it true that after some years chronic users of cannabis ALWAYS read positive?

The Missus and I have eaten cannabis uninterupted for years and suspect it is ALWAYS cruising around our body's system ...

okay there are 2 types of tests, oral that test for the presence of THC and urine which tests for the metabolites of THC...

if you have THC residue in your mouth then you can test positive on an oral test...

the metabolites hang around a lot longer, a friend took 3 months to clear their system to pass a piss test...the last one i had to take a few years ago it took me 4 weeks to be clean.

so you guys, like me will always have the risk of being busted via a piss test weeks and possibly months after we last consumed...

insomniac_AU

I have a friend who's nearly 60. He's been smoking his whole life. He got dicked for speeding a couple of weeks ago and they drug tested him. He said he hadn't smoked that day but had smoked heavily the night before. He passed no problem. I don't know if edible users would test differently. As mentioned piss tests are a whole other thing.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i make caps and swallow whole to avoid leaving any residue in my mouth, eating a cookie etc i suspect will leave residue that could be detected...

During college i the 90s i was a pizza delivery driver. I had one of those signs on the top of my car and drove for hours... stoned... joint and roaches in the ash tray. Was i stupid? Hell yes i was, but i always put the uniform on and threw the sign on top of the car any time i moved weight. Get a night job :) Never had any traffic violations the entire time. Not one wreck. Drove in every imaginable weather condition. All hours of the day and night. Always High as i could afford to get.

Being stoned never made me a bad driiver. YMMV

Then again neither did any other drug... except Acid... ill never do that again!

Cannabis only for the rest of forever. I was young and dumb.