What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idiot Terrorist Strike in NY

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When I go to that link bozo I get this: Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.breitbart.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

And to be honest I find your post somewhat inflammatory, without being able to see exactly what it is about because I cannot see the link...lol

So can you cut and paste the text from that report for us please?, then it will make it much easier to disseminate exactly what it is about.

*Maybe the UK is trying to block links to this Breitbart site, I wonder why?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if when civilians targets are hit overseas if the same type of dimwit cries "democracy strikes again".

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OK...I found a way into that site, a news site apparently and cut this from it:

All times Eastern.

10:09 AM:

The pipe bomb was as attached to the suspect’s body using velcro and zip ties, NYPD Deputy Police Commissioner John Miller says https://t.co/tUEul3Lp5y pic.twitter.com/oY5y0PiItZ

— CBS News (@CBSNews) December 11, 2017

9:48 AM:

BREAKING: NYPD named Bangladesh national Akayed Ullah as the Port Authority attacker in Manhattan https://t.co/AzLj7vHMFn pic.twitter.com/iQFSTBtRIN

— Intl. Business Times (@IBTimes) December 11, 2017

9:45 AM:

“This is New York. The reality is that we are a target by many…The counter-reality is that this is New York and we all pitch together, and we are a savvy people and we keep our eyes open,” @NYGovCuomo says https://t.co/tUEul3Lp5y pic.twitter.com/nyJh0HE5sN

#BREAKING Device that exploded in New York subway was 'low-tech': governor

— AFP news agency (@AFP) December 11, 2017

9:43 AM:

JUST IN: “This was an attempted terrorist attack,” @NYCMayor says at briefing. https://t.co/jQ1LnZFyzy pic.twitter.com/O2PXk9kaMA

— ABC News (@ABC) December 11, 2017

9:26 AM: Via Breitbart National Security Editor Frances Martel — Local radio station NJ101.5 reports that the suspect made the bomb at an electrical company where he was employed.

advertisement

9:20 AM: Flashback:

ISIS threat to Times Square and European Christmas markets sent via encrypted messaging apps 2 weeks ago…https://t.co/0s4Kq5O1GYhttps://t.co/mmDVkqGow1 pic.twitter.com/eRDOoWFvdt

— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) December 11, 2017

9:16 AM:

CBS is reporting that the suspect is originally from Bangladesh, and had second device. Now being treated at Bellevue Hospital #NewYorkCity

— Nick Bryant (@NickBryantNY) December 11, 2017

9:14 AM: NY Post shares purported first photo of suspect in custody:

A Brooklyn man has been arrested after allegedly detonating a homemade pipe bomb inside the Port Authority https://t.co/JdHgIez0Fe pic.twitter.com/QuNAxQRGv8

— New York Post (@nypost) December 11, 2017

9:13 AM:

Sources say #PortAuthority bomber is an immigrant who came to #US approx 7 years ago & was living in Brooklyn. Source says appears he is a failed suicide bomber

— Frances Townsend (@FranTownsend) December 11, 2017

Sources say #PortAuthority bomber had another UN exploded device when taken into custody

Explosion at Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City – live updates https://t.co/qtb4PTU07G

— Frances Townsend (@FranTownsend) December 11, 2017

9:11 AM: NYT — Bomber had a live explosive strapped to his body, and police stripped him naked to remove it.

9:10 AM:

Update: A total of 4 injuries reported at the scene of an explosion at Port Authority. All injuries are non-life-threatening

— FDNY (@FDNY) December 11, 2017

9:00 AM:

One witness described the suspect possibly had wires coming out of his vest, @CBSNewYork reports https://t.co/bM1QNc561o pic.twitter.com/0CQFh8ekoM

8:57 AM: The suspect apparently did not cause much physical damage but has choked up transportation and commerce pretty well.

Buses piled at the mouth of the #LincolnTunnel trying to get to #PortAuthority. @NJTRANSIT is rerouting buses to Newark and Secaucus, cross honoring on the rail @fox5ny pic.twitter.com/G9wIQsOJ6z

— Kayla Mamelak (@KaylaMamelak) December 11, 2017

8:48 AM:

Bystander video shows large police and fire response outside Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. https://t.co/xMDyYdSRR2 pic.twitter.com/YmySPBctI1

— ABC News (@ABC) December 11, 2017

8:44 AM:

“The Port Authority is a massive complex…At this point, I see no one exiting the building, so presumably" buses and subways there have now stopped and Port Authority appears to be shut down, @Brook Silva-Braga says. https://t.co/bM1QNc561o pic.twitter.com/B83qQyvGc2

The Port Authority Bus Terminal has been closed after an explosion during Monday morning’s rush hour https://t.co/PJV23KXJx7 pic.twitter.com/mzeX0568KS

— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 11, 2017

8:42 AM:

#BREAKING Only person injured in New York blast is male suspect: police

— AFP news agency (@AFP) December 11, 2017

Update regarding explosion at 42nd St and 8th Ave, in subway: One male suspect is in custody. No injuries other than suspect at this time. Avoid the area. Subways bypassing #PortAuthority and Times Square Stations. Info is preliminary. pic.twitter.com/bEAdjq8mYc

— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) December 11, 2017

NYPD sources tell @brynnCNN: The man in custody was wearing what looked like a homemade device "that either didn't detonate according to plan or it somehow malfunctioned" https://t.co/rznNcg0e1G

— CNN Newsroom (@CNNnewsroom) December 11, 2017

Port Authority suspect is male in his 20s. Alive but badly hurt, officials say. More: https://t.co/3pPrevWUDl

— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) December 11, 2017

8:38 AM:

“The call came in to first responders at 7:19 of an explosion. We now understand it was a pipe bomb. The NYPD tells us so far one person has been injured and one suspect in custody,” @Brook Sliva-Braga reports near the scene in New York City https://t.co/bM1QNc561o pic.twitter.com/PHM7LNV7GW

8:31 AM:

Pushing commuters back from scene at #explosion in subway at #port authority. One in custody. A few injuries. Live @PIX11News pic.twitter.com/DeB9OZQGZ9

— Kirstin Cole (@kirstincoletv) December 11, 2017

8:30 AM:

Former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton tells @MSNBC: #PortAuthority bombing was ISIS-inspired by Bangladeshi national, now in custody. Pipe bomb detonated in tunnel connecting 7th Avenue subway with Port Authority.

— William Daroff (@Daroff) December 11, 2017

8:28 AM:

UPDATE: The NYPD says the suspect, still in custody, has not died.

— Spectrum News NY1 (@NY1) December 11, 2017

8:27 AM: Video purportedly showing the moment of explosion. No confirmation yet:

BREAKING VIDEO: MOMENT OF EXPLOSION AT TIMES SQUARE SUBWAY STATION pic.twitter.com/bb6nEPwfqD

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) December 11, 2017

8:17 AM:

BREAKING NEWS: #NYPD sources tell @DeanMeminger the suspect, wearing an explosive device that detonated in or near the subway station at 42nd Street and 8th Avenue has died.

— Spectrum News NY1 (@NY1) December 11, 2017

8:16 AM:

JUST IN: What police sources describe as a possible pipe bomb detonated in a passageway below ground at Port Authority. One person is in custody. There are a few injuries. Police have obtained video and are confident it is contained. – @AaronKatersky reports for @ABC

— Stephanie Wash (@WashNews) December 11, 2017

8:09 AM:

NBC News: One person is in custody as a result of an explosion incident at 42nd and 8th, per NYPD. There are reports of just several minor injuries.

— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) December 11, 2017

BREAKING: “This may have been a lone actor… They [police] have somebody that they’re looking to talk to.” @NBCNews’ @Tom_Winter reports on explosion at Port Authority in New York City pic.twitter.com/aPHvMgzAnK

— TODAY (@TODAYshow) December 11, 2017

8:08 AM: NEW YORK (AP) — New York Police Department says it is responding to report of explosion near Times Square.

The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan. The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available. pic.twitter.com/7vpNT97iLC

— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) December 11, 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Something going on at #PortAuthorityBusTerminal. Almost got trampled in the rush of people trying to get out. Heard people talking about possible #explosion. pic.twitter.com/3LTO2kiiyD

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I wonder if when civilians targets are hit overseas if the same type of dimwit cries "democracy strikes again".

...there are far more 'civilian targets' overseas that are killed by jihadi fucks than anyone else.

...free peoples don't blow themselves up in attempts to murder innocent people, only jihadi scum do that.

bozo

and Gypsy, while this topic may be inflamatory it is also sadly true and the only folks who might be inflamed are those who agree with this jihadi ideology so fuck them if they become inflamed! ...if we don't speak the truth when we see it then we are cowards and we are complicit.

C

cooterbrown420

I wonder if when civilians targets are hit overseas if the same type of dimwit cries "democracy strikes again".[/QUOTE

No because when Christian kill people they have a good reason like spreading democracy or spreading Christianity. As you notice none of these people said Terror strikes again when Vegas happened or Texas.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
...there are far more 'civilian targets' overseas that are killed by jihadi fucks than anyone else.

...free peoples don't blow themselves up in attempts to murder innocent people, only jihadi scum do that.

bozo

and Gypsy, while this topic may be inflamatory it is also sadly true and the only folks who might be inflamed are those who agree with this jihadi ideology so fuck them if they become inflamed! ...if we don't speak the truth when we see it then we are cowards and we are complicit.

Of course I agree with you, and was a bit frustrated not to be able to get into that site from the link you left. I had to go thru google to access the news site with the time-line report which I cut and pasted above.

By the looks of it no-one was killed, although there were a few light injuries to the people around the suicide bomber, and the bomber himself looks to be injured quite severely, so hopefully he gets to join the 42 fake virgins in Allah's fake heaven.

It will get much worse with these attacks before it ever gets better (if it ever does) methinks.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]..free peoples don't blow themselves up in attempts to murder innocent people, only jihadi scum do that.

Never heard of operation mongoose ? th

[/FONT]

C

cooterbrown420

Hopefully they take the suspect for fast food before he goes to jail like they did Dylan Roof

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The truth? Or your truth?

I am inflamed by little, let alone a failed attack from some misguided fool.

You reap what you sow.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

And so instead of trying to aid & comfort NY'ers, Donald Rump takes the opportunity to attack the NYTimes.......

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Looks like everythings back to normal. I swear nyers didnt even pause their holiday shopping. Subways are working fine again, I was right on time.

Seems like he only really hurt himself...

Easy7

Veteran
The cycle of hate goes back a long long time. People should drop their cultural identity more. I know that is hard. It's the law of the land, whichever land you lay your head.

Maybe not so much culutral identity, but at least keep ego in check. Ego causes every war and conflict. I see nothing religious about ego that doesn't pretend and repeat the words of those conscious.

Fighting for what people don't even understand about themselves.

M

moose eater

If I continue reading blinded posts, I may need to increase my drug use... SSRIs don't help me (quite the opposite), hallucinogens are too intense when I'm already stressed, so I guess it's a hash day.. Maybe a beer or an Ativan later.

One day maybe we'll evolve and broaden our view a bit. Seek real education instead of jingles and bumper sticker quips requiring limited depth of thought.

Until then.... well, I suspect the cockroaches, spiders and squirrels will be rubbing their hands together in anticipation as to how soon they get to take over the role as most evolved, dominant, and prolific species on the planet.

Maybe someone can bitch-slap Sean Hannity and Mike Savage as they pass them during the morning commute. Toss in Rachel Maddow for balance.

I'll kick in $20 toward the collection for bail money for any takers.

vta

Veteran
The new poster child of chain immigration...

NYC Bomber Picked Target Because of Its Christmas Posters

picture.php

A Brooklyn man wearing a pipe bomb attached with Velcro and zip ties set off an explosive in the Times Square subway station Monday morning, injuring himself and three others, sending ambulances racing and commuters fleeing as Christmas shoppers poured into New York City.

The 27-year-old suspect, Akayed Ullah, wore the device that went off shortly after 7 a.m. in an attempted terror attack, Police Commissioner James O’Neill said at a news conference near the scene. Ullah suffered serious burns, while other victims had minor injuries, he said.

Ullah chose the location because of its Christmas-themed posters, recalling strikes in Europe against Christmas markets, he told investigators, according to The New York Times. He told them he set off the bomb in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria and elsewhere, several law enforcement officials said.

The suspect came to the U.S. from Bangladesh in 2011 on a family immigrant visa and is a legal resident, Department of Homeland Security spokesman Tyler Q. Houlton said on Twitter. Ullah lives on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn with his mother and a sister, according to a police official knowledgeable about the investigation. He worked as a driver, but has a background as an electrician.

Ullah told police he’s a follower of IS, but investigators believe he’s a solo actor who planned the attack after reading one of the terror group’s publications on the internet, the official said. His rudimentary explosive device, put together with matches, caused more flash than explosion.

Video surveillance captured the moment. It showed a crowd of commuters trudging toward the camera when a cloud of smoke and dust bursts into the picture. As the cloud fills the screen, dozens of commuters run. One person falls to the floor, apparently injured.

Serious Lacerations

Ullah was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center in Manhattan, said Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro. The suspect has burns on his hands and abdomen, and serious lacerations, Nigro said. The three victims were taken to hospitals with minor injuries, including ringing ears and headaches, he said.

The attack was the second on New Yorkers in six weeks, coming after a man in a rented truck drove up a crowded bike path on Halloween. Monday’s explosion came in the middle of Christmas season, when the city is filled with daytrippers and tourists expecting a fairytale Manhattan.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said New York, with its diversity and bustle, will be a target for people wanting to spread mayhem and fear.

World Beacon

“The choice of New York is always for a reason, because we’re a beacon to the world and we actually show that we as a society of many faiths and many backgrounds can work and democracy can work,” he said.

In the sprawling Times Square station, the city’s busiest, a “low, muffled sound” was heard when the bomb detonated, according to the New York Times. It went off in a walkway that runs underground between Seventh and Eighth avenues, connecting the lettered subway lines, the A, C and E, with the numbered lines, the 1, 2, and 3.

“You can tell that it was not normal commuter noise,” said Roxanne Malaspina, 50, an employee in Bloomberg LP’s legal department. She had just gotten off the A train when she heard the explosion and joined a crowd running further into the station to catch a train away from the area.

“It created a little bit of a panic in that underground passageway,” Malaspina said. “It’s not like normal commuter chaos.”

Trump Briefed

President Donald Trump was briefed on the incident, according to spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She said later that the suspect would have been barred by Trump’s proposal to end immigration preferences for relatives of residents. The president calls it “chain migration,” arguing that the U.S. should give greater weight to the value of skills potential immigrants would bring than their blood connections.

“If his policy had been in place, then the attacker would not have come into the country,” Sanders said at her daily White House press briefing.

The attack made for a tumultuous beginning to the work week. Sirens echoed through the city as police cruisers and ambulances sped down the streets, and a traffic jam swiftly developed in front of the bus station on Eighth Avenue. Fire trucks lined the street and metal gates blocked access to the scene. Onlookers wielding phone cameras tried to take videos and pictures.

Terror Target

Monday’s attack underscored the difficulty of protecting a city of 8.5 million, the nation’s largest. Miller said that New York has been the target of the 1993 World Trade Center, the 9-11 catastrophe in 2001 and that 26 other plots “have been prevented through intelligence, investigation and interdiction.”

On Sept. 27, 2016, a bomb was detonated in the Chelsea neighborhood. In this year’s Halloween attack, Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old Uzbek immigrant, was charged with terrorism. Eight people died, including five visitors from Argentina, and 12 were injured when a rental truck that authorities said Saipov drove plowed them over on a West Side Highway bike path.

“This is a fact of life, whether you’re in New York or London or Paris,” Miller said. “The question is, ‘Can it happen here?’ And the answer is, it can happen anywhere.”

Jason Harrington, who was visiting New York City from the south of England, was up around 5:30 a.m. Monday to sight-see with his wife around Times Square. They had just boarded a bus to the Empire State Building when they heard about the bombing.

His wife, Sophia, said they called British Airways to see what was going on. “They offered to put us on the next flight home,” she said.

© Copyright 2017 Bloomberg News. All rights reserved.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

ISIS (translated: I Stand In Shit) is infamous for denying any association w/martyr's that have survived their particular atrocity, they're cowards 'til the end.......

igrowone

Veteran
thought pipe bombs were pretty much fool proof, this one looked to be a near dud
maybe better described as proof of a fool