What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

Bona Fortuna

Your led setup on the outer fringes of the room cantered slightly towards the middle with the metal lamp in the middle.
I think that would be a wonderful setup in your space.

I would like to steer away from ac units.
Power draw isn't an issue, I'd just like to see if I can have an environment in almost homeostasis without direct aid from AC/ dehuey.
I DO have a ton of excess vehicle radiators, sadly most have pinholes or gouges. I would probably need a pump to circulate that water too... hmmm...

Did you clone everything or select ladies?

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Bona Fortuna said:
Your led setup on the outer fringes of the room cantered slightly towards the middle with the metal lamp in the middle.
I think that would be a wonderful setup in your space.

Yes, I definitelly will do that, as I have shadows on the corners.

Difficult to do it right now, there's simply no space for me to place them without harming the ladies or taking them out (no way...), so will leave it for next run.

Bona Fortuna said:
I would like to steer away from ac units.
Power draw isn't an issue, I'd just like to see if I can have an environment in almost homeostasis without direct aid from AC/ dehuey.
I DO have a ton of excess vehicle radiators, sadly most have pinholes or gouges. I would probably need a pump to circulate that water too... hmmm...

I see... there's a material to solder aluminum with just a butane torch, see durafix.com. Using that should be easy to fix some radiators for the project.

You'll definitelly need a pump to force water to circulate, depending on efficiency some fans may be needed... or an alternative way of increasing the venturi? effect.

Bona Fortuna said:
Did you clone everything or select ladies?

I cloned all the ladies. Once harvested and cured, I'll decide whose to keep by turning them into bonsai moms, and will either flower or give away the rest. I learnt quickly it's difficult to guess how an specific plant will turn out in effects...

Last edited:

Bona Fortuna

Haha, understood about the ladies.
Your light system seems well setup to begin with. So, if it ain't exactly broken...

You know, I've heard of the 'weld-less' patches. Always been skeptical though.
May give it a try.

Yes, either ventuuri or a positive placement pump. Ventuuri helps with vacuum pressure on the water output side, positive pressure would be a pump on the inlet side feeding pressurized water into radiator.

I hope your gals are doing well!
Best wishes.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Bona Fortuna :)

These are the ladies one week short from it's theoretical 70 days deadline:

As expected Kalichakra and BB #2 are a couple weeks behind in flowering, not started to swell yet.

In this regard BB #1 has swelled the most, front krystalicas next.

Attachments

• _MG_3841.jpg
    _MG_3841.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Girls reached 10th week yesterday...

Sad but true upon closer inspection of all of them, I noticed red spider mites were starting to reign on Krystalica #1... I guess these girls would have benefit from a week more (specially lower buds), but didn't want to risk the whole crop, so the three Krystalicas went down.

From left to right Krystalica #3, #2, #1:

Krystalica #3

Krystalica #1 (Notice the faintly seen spider web on top right corner):

Krystalica #2

Fingers turned dark purple after defoliating all the fan leaves, they all had an incredible amount of resin, cannot think on how should this strain resinate with a perfect environment crop... even having a greenhouse heater, leaves turned to a nice purple:

Attachments

• 20160428 190246
    20160428 190246
    61.3 KB · Views: 37
  • _MG_3844.jpg
    _MG_3844.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 37
  • _MG_3845.jpg
    _MG_3845.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 33
  • _MG_3846.jpg
    _MG_3846.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 36
  • _MG_3847.jpg
    _MG_3847.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 34
  • _MG_3848.jpg
    _MG_3848.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
After defoliation, #3, #2, #1:

Well, I think it's been my fault. I went overboard on the blumat setup (too dry, was concerned about humidity in late flower), lesson learnt: Use plates on each pot, and set them up on the generous side.

These last days weather went colder, and much drier which possibly had to do with the spider mites. (first time I see them).

Will keep an eye on the rest; BB #1 and IceCool will get the ax tomorrow, BB #2 and Kalichakra I'm going to leave for more while inspecting them closely, daily, as they are lacking in the swelling department.

Once the crop is over, I think an acaricide is due to that tent... first time I face spider mites.

Regarding the crop, we'll see... I can improve definitely. If I reach 0.8gpw is this run I will consider myself lucky.

Krystalicas smelled sweeet, specially the one that got the mites; there was only an slight web over the top cola top, I finger-picked it out. I guess those white spots are the spiders damage?

#1 Smelled like strawberry cream; the other two had rose tones, with "purple musk" smell. As can be seen my fingers looked as if I had hand picked a crop of blackberries...

Really happy with them, a really good strain for space-constrained grows.

HPS has been really noticeable this run... nugs are tight and feel hard. Let's see once drying is over.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ice Cool day:

She looked done, and being this leafy I wouldn't risk getting mold... it also seems to be a white fly magnet!

After defoliation:

She was really leafy and grew really compact (from clone), I made sure to give some air to each branch while drying by propping them out. Left out w/o trimming a good deal of small leaves as all were covered in resin.

A real reeker... I left the three krystalicas in the yard for some hours yesterday, did the same with this one just for an hour and all the yard reeked at pine-weed! some mint notes also.

Too leafy for my tastes, won't be running her again. Glad to have grown it though :)

I repositioned BB #1, #2 and Kalichakra under the light.

Will probably be chopping the main cola of BB #1 tomorrow, leaving bottom buds to further ripen.

Attachments

• _MG_3851.jpg
    _MG_3851.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 34
  • _MG_3849.jpg
    _MG_3849.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 38

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I just received some more ACE gear, so just sowed Thai Chi, Guawi & Panama Feminized, and 2 standard from each: Nepal Jam & Zamaldelica for next run.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Here are the ladies still in flowering:

Beyond the Brain #1 (minutes prior to get the ax)

Top cola detail BB #1

I really dig this plant. Compact while airy enough for SOG, productive, fast, great calyx to leaf ratio... have yet to smoke test, but so far looks like a keeper.

Curious how its leaves curl upwards, dunno if this points to a defficiency?

Her aroma is a sort of fermented citric dissolvant, so guess limonene is the dominant terpene.

Beyond the Brain #2:

Much more sativa growing pattern, looong internodes.

Top Cola Detail BB #2:

Side shoot BB #2:

Kalichakra Top cola detail:

Attachments

• _MG_3856.jpg
    _MG_3856.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 35
  • _MG_3855.jpg
    _MG_3855.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 39
  • _MG_3854.jpg
    _MG_3854.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 37
  • _MG_3853.jpg
    _MG_3853.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 31
  • _MG_3852.jpg
    _MG_3852.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
So.... chopped BB #1 top cola, leaving the side shoots to further ripen.

Loving this girl. While it doesn't look specially fast in stretching while flowering, shows good vigour, is not picky at all, was the fastest rooting in cloning, also the faster clones in veg once rooted, the fastest flowering, trimming is a 5 minute job, rather stealth odour-wise... definitely a potential keeper if her smoke is up to my expectations.

Lovely purples too:

BB #1 top cola

BB #1 lower plant (side shoots)

BB #1 top cola (almost) defoliated

BB #1 Close up. Sorry, terrible focus (cola on one hand, camera on the other). Pictures doesn't do her any justice, a wonderful purple/green impressively sun-sparkling goddess. Really big, Swarovski-like trichs. :biggrin:

Attachments

• _MG_3858.jpg
    _MG_3858.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 38
  • _MG_3859.jpg
    _MG_3859.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 41
  • _MG_3861.jpg
    _MG_3861.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 31
  • _MG_3861r.jpg
    _MG_3861r.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Would like some input on whether to leave some more time for BB #2 and Kalichakra... I'm afraid either I haven't provided those the best environment (bigger pots??) either. I've run kalichakra other times and was much more productive, guess either I screwed, or this pheno is like this. The truth will be in her smoke :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Been looking closely at the kalichakra, it doesn't resemble any of the previous I have grown, which grew a large dominant central cola.

This one is veeeery sativa leaning, no big cola nor anything, buds are small and scattered around all branches.

It wasn't noticeable while touching her, but once I went outside, the smell turned to an woody incense... not sure how this plant smoke will turn out, but I wouldn't identify her as a Kalichakra if I had not sowed her...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Newbie excitement again... :) all Nepal Jam / Zamaldelica regulars have sprouted and slowly raise their heads. Only Guawi from the fems matches their (hopefully 50/50) sisters :biggrin:

High hopes for ACE gear!

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Last girls harvested!

Took Sunday "as harvest day", my tripod has been broken since long, I found the motivation yesterday to fix it.

Pictures will slowly improve :biggrin:

[Edit: I reprocessed (new workflow) and re-uploaded all the photos, as icmag internal engine were resizing them throwing away detail, my fault for uploading images bigger than 1024]

I took the time to study them closely under the real HPS, and carefully defoliated them prior to cut & hang.

Lower BB #1:

Really nice green-brown-purple colors. Well sized buds, minimum golf-ball sized, fan leaves covered in resin.

Random bud (shadow):

Random bud (sun):

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
As I spent the day around them, had the time to get a more precise "input" regarding their aromas.

BB #1 has a fruity-chemical smell, fermented citrus with a touch of "puke" if you know what I mean :)

BB # has a more refinated aroma, really similar to BB #1 w/o the puke "rounding".

Kalichakra resembles none of previous Kalichakras I've grown. It has a distinctive, delicate haze aroma.

BB #2 & Kalichakra yields are not going to be anything to write home about, but nonetheless, I feel the buds pack some "poison" ...And after all what I'm seeking is the effect.

Will run both of them again, I'm not sure if they developed like this due to less than optimal conditions, or these phenos were strongly sativa-leaning... will see next time... previous kalichakra phenos were typical indica-leaning phenos with huge central colas and not so much side branching.

Kalichakra:

Top cola detail:

Side shoots flowers:

Random "sativish" nug:

Nugs while not being fluffy weren't rock-hard either, being the lighter of the whole crop.

Attachments

• _MG_3874.jpg
    _MG_3874.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
BB #2:

Had a hard time getting this pic as the weight from the top cola made it to lean heaviliy to an almost horizontal position.

Nugs were really dense and packed around 25% this last "extra" week.

Top cola

Top cola detail

Random nug detail... I found slight webs on a couple Kalichakra/BB #2 nugs... thinking I have to enhance internal air circulation as there seems to be "dry spots" near the light hood.

Triming them was a blast though a delicate job... that I did tenderly. :biggrin:

Attachments

• _MG_3886.jpg
    _MG_3886.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2016 07 31 15.31.05
    2016 07 31 15.31.05
    58.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Back to the seedlings, all of them have already sprouted... but Panama :tumbleweed:

Gonna sprout a Kali China I got as freebie to replace her. Kali Mist was once my #1...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
hey Chaos! thanks for chiming in :tiphat:

I lost any hope for her... more than 7 days since was sown. :shucks:

Wanting to dig to see what happened, guess typical seed that sprouts the tap root and then dies.

Latest posts

Latest posts