What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T-Shirt Design Contest

D

Despie

First design

First design

Well after planing what my first design would look like yesterday. I put my pencil to the paper and this is what I have came up with so far. This drawing is about 40% done. im not sure how im gonna actually do the Bankok Betty words and I have yet to put in Billy Goat seeds. also the MJ plant is a super ruff sketch of what it will look like and the hills will be a little more detailed as will the Sun/moon what ever I decided looks best. I still need to do a few clouds as you can prob see my first attempt failed :badday:. Golddust I am planning on sketching out my whole design before I "Crisp" everything up and add the color. Also I know you were concerned about the "skankness" and as you can see betty is in a thong but thats how I start a sketch so i can get the "ass line" just rite, dont worry she will have pants!!!!

hope you like the First on of many!!!!!!

Once here patch is drawn in I would not want to try and get between her and her plants she is one tuff bitch and so is the strain, or so i've heared, thats sort of the idea behind her sword.

Last edited:
G

WoW, looking really good everyone. Man, this is going to be one long contest with alot of killer artwork. I just want to remind everyone. I will be having the winning design silkscreened onto the t-shirts. So, whatever you got to do for the graphic's. Please make it easy for you and me. I don't know much about silkscreening, but i know. To much detail is a pain in the ass and alot more money. Just looking for something, clear, and clean lines. You don't have to get crazy with tons of detail. Besides that, everything is looking good. Can't wait to see more. I'm going to update the main page with more info to follow. Not to good at runing these contest, so i'm going to update the info on the main page. Getting ready to update the prize or prizes. Got some good idea's for more prizes for everyone, but i'll talk more about that later on. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more.
Take care

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Here is my contribution. Hope you like. I think this would make a cool shirt for your strain and seed company. It might be alittle too much detail but at least thier isn't alot of colors to it.

Last edited:

Ruosk

Hey GDW, nice contest and very nice prize! Just finished drawing, now I need to scan this and strip off all detail, lol

C

Chamba

with a name like Bangkok Betty ...i hope you don't choose pictures of Vietnamese people, Vietnamese hats or Indian Buddhist images as it's a long way from Bangers!....and as it's going to be used as commercial seed company logo, then it's probably best to keep away from showing wats (temples) or other Thai Buddhist imagery that is typically used to represent Bangkok as that will bring you bad karma... if you believe in that type of thing!

here's my idea and feel free to use it .....I'd like to see a big Thai Elephant ( Asian elelpants have smaller ears) carrying a giant overflowing load of just picked Thai plants......

ps....I used to grow nothing but Thai plants up until the mid 90's..I used to grow these guerilla style in a mountain very very close a large a large Asian city (not in Thailand)...one day I cut down one big girl one December, did a field manicure which consisted of removing all the big leaves and most branches (left them to compost) and then had trouble squashing all the bud in the back pack..on the way down the mtn on a walking track near the road two cops appeared around a corner and asked me if I had seen the man in a photo (missing person apparently) they showed me..lol I'm covered in sweat and dirt carrying enough weed to put me away forever..I said no and walked on my way!...big phuckin phew!.....then I got on the bus and the just cut evergreen and bud smell was over powering...lol..the bus was full of high school kids!

the best smoke I've ever had was a runty Thai I grew...technicolor psychodelic! ...most Thais were big and vigorous plants that loved the tough conditions of one million varied insects, high humidity and hurricane winds ....but alas many were, heart breakingly, hermies....I crossed non-hermie Thais with Dutchies and after several generations, sadly, hermies would appear.

many of the best smokers were asymetrical in their growth pattern.....while the Xmas tree varieties (obviously crossed with intro-ed genes) often had a heavy non sativa type stone....though both varieties had that uniquely distinct earthy, dry Thai bud smell/taste.

I haven't smoked real Thai in ages...last time I was in the Land of Smiles the bud I smoked was similar to a Thai/haze cross and the taste/smell and high were watered down...I miss good Thai bud!....if you can grow Thais then you can grow anything as they have forever flowering durations that never seem to finish and hermies can appear at any time! etc etc

Chok Dee GDW!

Last edited:
G

the image for a tshirt should need to be very big in size right?
like 8"x11" or so?, or how big do you want/need it to be?
8"x11" would be like 2400pixels x 3300pixels, ..big image, just wondering what size your looking for

sounds fun, might give it a whirl :wave:

G

Chamba, thanks for your post and i guess your right some. About the info on the pictures. Thanks for sharing your past Thai enjoyment. Really looking forward to growing out all the Thai's i've collected, maybe there will be something like you sampled back in the day. Thanks for your input.
Take care

Radium, really like your design. Pretty cool for sure. I like what you've done and came up with.
Nice Job

Longdivision, I'm thinking the actual print on the back of the T-shirt is going to be no bigger then 12" x12". I took out a old favorite t-shirt and that's what it measured for the logo on it. Thanks for asking and can't wait to see your work.

Just want to thank everyone and keep up the hard work. I know i might be asking alot, but i'll be sure the make it worth your while. Keep the post coming and can't wait to see more work.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
GoldDustWomen said:
WoW, looking really good everyone. Man, this is going to be one long contest with alot of killer artwork. I just want to remind everyone. I will be having the winning design silkscreened onto the t-shirts. So, whatever you got to do for the graphic's. Please make it easy for you and me. I don't know much about silkscreening, but i know. To much detail is a pain in the ass and alot more money. Just looking for something, clear, and clean lines. You don't have to get crazy with tons of detail. Besides that, everything is looking good. Can't wait to see more. I'm going to update the main page with more info to follow. Not to good at runing these contest, so i'm going to update the info on the main page. Getting ready to update the prize or prizes. Got some good idea's for more prizes for everyone, but i'll talk more about that later on. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more.
Take care

Silkscreenin basically sky rockets in price the more colors you use. Ide keep it simple, 2-3tone colors

G

Hey Bartender, I'm on top of it. I got two different places to do the printing and if i can contact a college frind. I can get a sweet deal from him. He had a t-shirt store and would let me help him to save some money. Plus, it's pretty fun watching a t-shirt form from printing. Thinking maybe 3-4 colors on this design. I'm going to print up mostly white, because they are cheaper and then i'll get sample of different color to see how they look. Then i'll pick out the color shirt's i'm going to print on. Right now, i'm looking at 50/50 heavy shirts with a front pocket for my stoney friends. Got to have a place for the ligher and bowl. Any help from any printer's is very much wanted.
Take care

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
664Untitled-1-copy.jpg

664Untitled-1-copy-2.jpg

peace

Last edited:
D

Despie

looks good hot cargo!
Glade to see more comp has stepped up to the plate!
keep them coming guys.......I better step up my game!!!!!!

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Go Billy GO!

Go Billy GO!

I know GDW said ideally it should be a Thai dude smoking, but let's face it...the Betty we want is a lady! :wink:
(unless we're making seeds, then we'll call in the dude)

For some reason I feel I know Betty pretty well, so I thought I'd give it a go.
Keep in mind that ol cookie doesn't have photoshop, and has been merely pasting stuff together in paint. maybe this will inspire one of our graphics gurus though.

Here is ol Betty with a pipe full, carrying a little seedling on her back.

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
since our friend Billygoat is crossing strains...

since our friend Billygoat is crossing strains...

maybe this on the back of the shirt