What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW...neat idea and concept, however, I think there is a bit of something being over-looked.

What about landrace varieties? Do you really just want to have them come into contact with all the modified/mixed genetics that are currently out there. Doing something like this could be the end to "pure" strains as we currently know them.

HOWEVER, the idea of throwing some feminized seeds out there, is a great idea. Why not just make a clone from a killer mom, separate it into a different cab, and spray her down with some homemade colloidal silver? (it is fairly cheap an inexpensive to make your own...search the forums) THAT would be a GREAT way to "overgrow" as was being described; plus you are not pollinating someone else grow or landrace varieties...

Like the general concept, and the whole "bomb" item itself....

dank.Frank

I picked up some Ice seeds a while back and will be creating more Ice seeds this year to start making my seeds bombs.... I have been thinking about an idea like this but didn't know of a good method to use for the seeds and this thread answered that! Great idea, I am working on my part as of now!

melvin2

I printed out instructions so I can give them to my redneck neighbor. He moves a few lbs a week and has a knack for making people do shit he wants done.

Landrace varieties, where? That may depend on where you live. If you have landrace varieties around, you don't really have a need to overgrow your area, but if you do just use the landrace seeds.

Outdoor crops here are seeded so I don't care about stray pollen.

The idea is to have it growing wild. It doesn't have to be dank as long as it grows everywhere.

What would people do if cannabis were never outlawed and the shit grew everywhere it wanted? I hear too many cries about stray pollen. Nature is bigger than someone's outdoor grow.

When hemp farming becomes legal, people are gonna bitch for the rest of their lives.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I see a sky full of red balloons.... with little packages attached to them.... :smile:

someone did already mention balloons, but I can't help thinking its a great way "spread the seed" so I'l mention them again... don't leave your dabs on them though eh :wink:

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Why can't you just feed a few pounds of seeds to birds? They wont crack all of them and they can do the work for you. The poop is the bomb. Isn't this how it works in nature?

Tennessee

What about landrace varieties? Do you really just want to have them come into contact with all the modified/mixed genetics that are currently out there. Doing something like this could be the end to "pure" strains as we currently know them.

Most of this is going on in the US..where there is no landrace...surely some guerrilla growers won't like their crop being seeded but I don't think places with landraces would need something like this.. America is in desperate need for a guerrila grow though! make our own landrace, survival of the fittest.

I would love to make some fem seeds out of the indoor grow I got now, to be able to set a lot of seed for this outdoor season...it would not be fruitless efforts but an effort no less... I think this project is very doable, but it will take this outdoor years effort to produce enough seeds to really have this work, and have it be noticed.

Doubtless, summer of 2010 should be overgrown with sweet leaves, I think that is a very good, and easy goal, but will take this year to grow out those seeds. As for this year, it would be nice to see it happen but I think we are just a tad late...now lets get the ball rolling for next year

G

Guest 26753

I've been bombing for a week already. Bring on the spring rains!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I see a sky full of red balloons.... with little packages attached to them.... :smile:

someone did already mention balloons, but I can't help thinking its a great way "spread the seed" so I'l mention them again... don't leave your dabs on them though eh :wink:

Don't mean to go all eco-warrior on you, but that's not a very environmentally sound method. :noway:

L

LolaGal

don't wanna be a Donna Downer, but the balloon strings can choke, kill or trap birds and animals. Please don't release balloons with strings on them! I found one bird with deflated ballon and ribbon string on his leg, tangled in a tree dead. Poor thing.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
The next time the tide is going out or you find yourself out to sea, Get a glass bottle fill it with a note and instructions. Add some MJ seed and send out that message in the bottle. Of course some people would have the luck to get busted by the coast guard because they found this bottle and super glued a few fingerprints out of it.

J

JackKerouac

I just rolled a gang of Cindy 99 x Neville's Haze seed bombs. They are about the size of a grape each. I think I paid $5 for a pound of clay from the craft store. They should do the trick in my area. We have a lot of vacant lots, foreclosed homes, and public parks that need beautifying.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
I just rolled a gang of Cindy 99 x Neville's Haze seed bombs. They are about the size of a grape each. I think I paid $5 for a pound of clay from the craft store. They should do the trick in my area. We have a lot of vacant lots, foreclosed homes, and public parks that need beautifying.

damn using cindy99 x nevilles's haze for seed bombs!?
wanna throw one a those bombs at my house?? hahahaaa

J

JackKerouac

damn using cindy99 x nevilles's haze for seed bombs!?
wanna throw one a those bombs at my house?? hahahaaa

Sure!

I don't know why there's all this talk of buying commercial or feminized seed for seed bombs. Open pollination using choice clones yielded a quart jar jar of viable seeds. It's not hard to get rolling on this guys.