What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

P

Peat

Hey guys, I am posting an idea that I hope will inspire you to all go out and become guerrilla farmers. All it takes is a little preparation and you can contribute to overgrowing the Planet. It involves the use of Seed Bombs.

:chin: This seems to be a viable method.
...really only one way to tell...

No need to make it difficult, all it would take is a little preparation.

There's no reason to take a year to gather seed.
Just use what you have.

There's no reason to poll to see what others are going to do.
Guerrillas don't worry about being out numbered.

I don't believe this is the kind of thing that is a one shot deal with lots of coordination & / or cooporation.

This is the kind of thing that is an ongoing "lifestyle".

This is guerrilla. :bandit:

EDIT:
As far as I know, there is only ONE main character in the legend of Johnny Appleseed...:chin:

G

Guest 26753

^You are reliant on situational rainfall. That is the sheer randomness of it lol. Nature will decide what grows where. Once in situ, they will propagate and spread according to site conditions.

P

Peat

Leverage the rain odds but bombing throughout the season.

(My weatherman can't predict the weather. :frown:)

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
If someone were serious and wanted to start organizing, a poll with three options could give us a rough consensus whether or not this idea has legs.

1. I'm a seed bomber

2. I want to overgrow the planet and am interested in becoming a seed bomber

3. I do not want cannabis growing wild everywhere and will not be a seed bomber

You could tweak it.

A well written paragraph or two with pros/cons, how-to, and whatever anyone else can think to add... you know, present it nice so it can be taken seriously.

I think IC would be as good a place as any to start a movement. Consider it a focus group to test the waters.

Is this a good/bad idea?

i think this is a great idea. if we get a few key points together id be happy to write the johnny potseed proposal:woohoo:

should we make a new thread like
Overgrow SeedBomb Movement >Join the movement
with the poll and good proposal to start it of?

this could be the push we need:dueling:in the war against weed, haha.

G

Guest 26753

If you have the inclination to do that, then I see that as spreading the word lol. Go for it!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where do you purchase 'powdered clay'? Is this something Home Depot/Lowes carries? Or do you have to mail order it. (There is no natural clay anywhere around here)

melvin2

Seed Ball
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_ball

In many places you can dig to find red clay. Add compost and seeds.

Once you throw them somewhere, never go back to water or even look. Spread them far and wide.

Rain will disolve the ball into a mound giving the seed a good start with food and something to build roots into. No soil prep, no follow up.

I don't think just going out and doing it will result in a movement. If the idea is not maintained and kept fresh in our minds, it could fizzle as short term memory is a bitch around here. The longer you can push this, the more people will jump on board because it's just crazy enough to have an effect.

It's so easy that anyone can do it. One day's work is really all it takes. That's why I think this idea is do-able. Worry-free guerrilla gardening you can set and forget. Throw and just go?

B.Grant

where you watching Idiocracy on comedy central the other day :chin:

Nope.

i believe the point is to throw as many as possible around over time and don't look back.
a lot of previous posts seem to be missing the concept that these plants aren't for YOU or anyone in particular, just everyone, and it isn't for any kind of yield.
tons won't germinate or will be mowed down, that's a given.
but it's a good selfless idea for our beloved ganj and i like it.
i have a massive amount of home-made dank seed and i'm sure many people do. strains i dont want anymore and what-not, seems like this is good use as i KNOW i won't grow them.
peace

Finally. Thank you, we have a winner! Yes, my friend exactly. It is not about genetics or yield. It's about getting it to grow everywhere, especially in town where it can be seen and talked about, or out of town for that matter, where the cops can chase "dummy" fields. I don't care just plant it and let it grow! And don't over-think this with the soil, and watering, mowing (try planting in landscaping or close to buildings), etc. Remember, Cannabis has done quite well growing thousands of years without our help.

Nugg21

wait so pretty much you just make that ball and just like put it somewhere after it rains and itll grow on its own?

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Seedballs seems like a great mechanism if you have a TON of seeds, like thousands and thousands of them.

I have a few hundred. I intend on germing them, putting them in a peat pellet until they sprout, boxing them up and taking them for a hike in a few shoe boxes and planting them. I figure 4 or 5 trips like this and I can get quite a bit of coverage in my nearby state forest.

G

Guest 26753

Where do you purchase 'powdered clay'? Is this something Home Depot/Lowes carries? Or do you have to mail order it. (There is no natural clay anywhere around here)

A lot of craft shops will carry the clay you need.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't help but see the irony in that Gypsy's trying to make
a go of folks donating seeds and here's a thread on mixing them
up with clay/mud & freely tossing them about the countryside.......

lol, yeah I know we're talking about tossing bagseed here & not
the fine genetics Gypsy needs atm, but I do like a good chuckle.

George

i havent read it yet but wouldnt the seeds try to germinate when the clay is initialy drying?

G

Guest 26753

No they do not germ. The trick is to use minimal amounts of water to make the mix stick, then drying quickly. The thing to remember is not to make the seed bombs too big.

B.Grant

No they do not germ. The trick is to use minimal amounts of water to make the mix stick, then drying quickly. The thing to remember is not to make the seed bombs too big.

I think you might have started something here, Moose...

...this could be good.

my friend was bragging about all the bagseed he has collected... looks like i will have too talk him into doing this with me, im always down too fuck with the system a bit! i have plenty of time too get ready as there is snow on the ground right now. but it should be a fun project for the summer.