What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Your welcome mate, it's my pleasure.

Flower room is doing great, heavy smelling and danking up real good.
The buds are filling out, or tightning up and starting to look really dence.
Im just shy of 6 weeks flower, looks like it's gonna be a happy harvest.

The closet is also improving, the little once are turning around I think.
I stuffed bags over them all, to make some humidity domes for them.
Now they got a little more color and green growth, specialy the Skunk#1 clones are peaking up.

Here you can see a Cheese clone, and a Skunk #1 behind it tall and greener.
It's also showing growth in the top, getting closer to the light.
Being the nice guy I am, I topped it :biggrin:
I wanna see some lower growth, getting ready to make some clones later on.

Finaly just a pic of my timer instalation

These are cheap on Ebay a really works well, easy to install and program!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The plants in the closet is doing better, still got some way to go before id call them happy plants.

repotted several of them, to get them planted a little deeper in the pots. Alge seems to grow well under LED, but the plants are also showing growth.

The cheese plants, are starting to show def's.
They are at 0.8 ec and 5.8ish pH

Gave them all some breathing time, during the repotting and added dripper rings.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
6 weeks flower

6 weeks flower

6 weeks into flower

The cheese plants keep looking sad, but it's forming solid buds and a great trichome coverage.
They have started to get a silvery look, so my estimated guess is some trichomes are slowly milking up.

Cheese bud

Skunk #1

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cheese is a 9 week stain, or thats where most recommend to cut it around 63-65 days.

The Skunk #1 hack from Royal Queen Seeds, the pack says 55 days but I call Bull shit on that.
No Skunk finishes that fast, but it's fairly common and most know this. Hack breeders lie :)
About flowering time, avarage yeild and so on or they simply just don't know any better.

Im used to let my microscope deside, depending on how developed and ripe the trichomes are.
Need to fix the light in my handheld scope, but I think I willl take some down in week 8.
To give the rest some breathing area, so it don't end up molding in the last week.

EvergreenState

When do you say flowering starts? From my research, good breeders say flowering starts at the flip to 12/12 IF the plant is mature. If it isn't, then you start when pistils show.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
That's absolutely correct, the plants you take clones from should be mature.

The Cheese clone is from the late 80's, I think it's the oldest clone I ever grown.

They often reach full maturity around 7-9 months, but that don't mean you can't flower them before. But they will not show full potential, a reason many misses out on good gems, When they pic 1 keeper mom out of a bunch of seedlings.

I count from the day after first 12 hour darknes, but in the end id let my scope determin when to chop. Not the lable on the seedpack

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Covering the bottom with epoxy, to make it waterproof.
Might need more then one coating, but here we go with the first coating!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
2nd layer going on

I didn't get the hardner and polyester mixed well enough, and might used slighty too little. As it didn't wanna cure, then applied heat to kickstart the curing. Most cured fine, but there where spots that didn't wanna cure.

I then mixed up the last polyester and the last hardner, as the two bottles where supposed to be mixed. Mixed it up alot better, then poured and rolled it out in an even layer. Making sure to get well into all the corners and cracks, where water would tend to go thru.

Turned the heat back on, and it's now curing as I write.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Update on the closet

Been reading up on the bottles, it seems that I didn't mix the wrong amounts after all.

After the 2nd layer was added, the first layer that didn't cure right, started to bubble up.
Again after it cured, there where the same soft spots and alot of bubbled up areas.

Cleaned it up, and it was very clear what had happend. But then I learned something new, the hard way but I learned something.

Woodknots, have to be sealed with something special. Before you can coverthem with polyester resin, that was let's say unexpected.

The bottom plate in the clone room, I only gave two thin coatings.
As they will be in trays, but here it's very clear.

In the bottom veg room, I poured a much thicker layer.
Resulting in much bigger failure! :woohoo:

Shit happens, I'll figure out a solution and get it sorted.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Forgot to make a update on the plants in the top of the closet, it's all been about my recent fuck up with the bottom closet build.

Last night I made a fresh batch of nutes for the young plants, after going over one of my old threads.
Trying to replicate what I did then without a RO filer, and limit the use of my current RO filter.
To see if some of oddnes will go away, and they peak up, or if I just make life even worse for them.

pH adjusted about 35 L tap water, then added 5 L RO water to bring the ec a little down.
Then added my 1 part veg nute, hitting 1.1 ec and fine adjusted the mix to 6.2 pH.

It's been less then 24 hours, most of the day they have only gotten a little day light.
As I have had the lights off, during my epoxy work and covered the plants.

They have gotten a little more color, in some of the pale leafs and looking healthy green at the new growth.

EvergreenState

Update on the closet

Been reading up on the bottles, it seems that I didn't mix the wrong amounts after all.

After the 2nd layer was added, the first layer that didn't cure right, started to bubble up.
Again after it cured, there where the same soft spots and alot of bubbled up areas.

Cleaned it up, and it was very clear what had happend. But then I learned something new, the hard way but I learned something.

Woodknots, have to be sealed with something special. Before you can coverthem with polyester resin, that was let's say unexpected.

The bottom plate in the clone room, I only gave two thin coatings.
As they will be in trays, but here it's very clear.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1861690]View Image[/url]

In the bottom veg room, I poured a much thicker layer.
Resulting in much bigger failure! :woohoo:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1861691]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1861692]View Image[/url]

Shit happens, I'll figure out a solution and get it sorted.

Now the whole illusion of you being infallible is shattered. It's going to take a few days to get over it but I'll manage.:badday:

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Wouldn't it depend on when you took a clone in veg. whether it was mature or not? What determines when a plant is mature?

Your plant matures with age, can't remember how long time in veg it takes. An estimated guess from experiance, is around 9 months.
I would say hormone production, determines when a plant is mature.

When I plant seeds, I clone my seedlings early, sex the clone under 12/12 while it's rooting.
When I know the sex, I sort the seedlings and toss the first clones.
This will keep the seedling short and branch out, and get ready to make more clones.
Once I am able to take a few clones from each seedling, I start to take notes on how well they are rooting.

First flower run I'll mainly be looking at grow structure, streach and smell.
Thouse failed on these, would be culled.

2nd flower run, by now the mother plants id guess 5-6 months old.
This run I'll start looking more at yealds and resin production, but keep notes on the first traits as well.

3rd flower run, your moms are now around full maturity.
They should be able to show their full potential, and I will know what to keep and what to cull.

I have several times, seen one that didn't yeald that well in the first run. End out as a bigger yealder, then the top yealders from the first two runs.

From that point, it won't matter when you take the clones. They will be mature, and ready to flower as soon as they got roots.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Plz!!!!

118tp8.jpg

:peacock:

A little more color in the big leafs, day by day they are getting better.

Got a little helper, im sure he will work some magic in there.
(Or seap poisonous chemicals into the plants) :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts