What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning from plats 3 weeks into flower

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have been depressed, and ignoring the grow I have of GG4. I did not get around to taking cuttings until 3rd week of flowering. Really want to go back to hydro, since coco seems to create horrible mold problems in my grow area. The cuttings are rooted for over 2 weeks, and they look mangy. Small three leaf growth, and twisted.

Is this normal, or am I likely to lose them. Have thought about taking some and putting them into coco, to try and save them.

Thanks for any advice.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
they probably just reverting back to veg stage ,normally throw single blades and twisty leaves ,should be fine in a few weeks ,,maybe keep them on 20/4 instead of 18/6

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They usually buttfuck around like that for 3-5 weeks. Generally they consume less water.

Betterhaff

Veteran
If they’re rooted, put them in medium. As mentioned, they are probably reverting and will look gnarly for a while.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I usually feed clones around 300 PPM when cloning. Does it need to be much weaker when they are over flowered cuts?

mushroombrew

Veteran
I usually feed clones around 300 PPM when cloning. Does it need to be much weaker when they are over flowered cuts?

I feed clones/seedlings 1000ppm without issues. They just root and grow faster.

Foliar feeding N can help snap them out of it. Some strains take ages to reveg. Never tried glue. Do not give up on them just yet.

Hope you feel better soon bro.

DenverJim

I have a strain that can be in veg when cloned but somehow go into flower when being cloned @17 hrs same room as veg.
I also have a Jaruba that seems to change phenotype. Grew outside brought in clone cloned the clone. The original clone had sativa type leaves. the second clone has very narrow leaves and long internodes. One clone looked so different I thought I had mixed it up. It may have something to do with the photo period. this strain started flowering as soon as the photo period stopped getting longer started harvesting 8/30 finished 9/15 dripping resin literally. I have taken clonrs from the bottom branches in October on a flowering plant. They get ugly just remove the lower mass and they recover. especially if its a good un.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried 24hrs for clones? I have a few crotchety cultivars that do similar.