What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who likes hash down under?

Brother Nature

So I've come across quite a few down here who tell me they only smoke hash when there's no bud around. To me that sounds crazy, then I was shown a few 'caps' of 'iso oil' and I understood why people don't like it. However, as a grower I've always prized my hash over the bud. I've always though of good bud as a nice craft beer, whereas I like to think of good hash as a beautifully aged rare wine.

Anyways, just thought I'd see who around these parts is into their hash and what kinds of has do they love? My personal favorite is BHO given I have unrestricted access to the laboratory equipment needed to clarify it, however bubble hash comes a very close second as taste and smell is something I prize highly. I'd love to see what others creations look like in these parts, I'll even share some of my own once I get the time.

4tokin

Hash. mmmmmmmmmmm

I have not had good hash since sometime during the 80's. That shit was good. It had to be, coming in on the tails of the bhudda sticks.
I like a good dab of BHO occasionally, iso and ethanol can be a bit nasty.
I have not had a chance to try good dry sift or bubble but that is on the to do list.

With good quality flowers it is hard to justify the extra work to turn them into concentrates when they do the job quite well in their natural form.

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
i used to make a fair bit of hash but after i started vaping nothing is as nice as good weed for taste and enjoyment...

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
I like hash a lot, but I'll take nice buds over a crappy dry ol block of hash anyday.

I treasure the grinder kief from my space case, for rainy days (like today).
That's my favourite, dry sift. The trichs intact, terpenes unmolested.
BHO when decently pure would be second, iso/ethanol done well is good but always something a bit weird about it and bubble hash is last - just doesn't have the terps/effect.

If it's a concentrate intended for a different ROI than smoking I love coco oil for it's effect and versatility and also putting AVB into capsules with some kind of oil and taking them.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
So I've come across quite a few down here who tell me they only smoke hash when there's no bud around. To me that sounds crazy, then I was shown a few 'caps' of 'iso oil' and I understood why people don't like it. However, as a grower I've always prized my hash over the bud. I've always though of good bud as a nice craft beer, whereas I like to think of good hash as a beautifully aged rare wine.

Anyways, just thought I'd see who around these parts is into their hash and what kinds of has do they love? My personal favorite is BHO given I have unrestricted access to the laboratory equipment needed to clarify it, however bubble hash comes a very close second as taste and smell is something I prize highly. I'd love to see what others creations look like in these parts, I'll even share some of my own once I get the time.
when i first started toking there was a season where u could get weed ,
and a season where u could get hash , after the weed dried up ,

occasionally they overlapped ,
i liked mixing good strong weed with hash ...

not sure i could rate bho above bubble hash ,
id much prefer the ice and water method and no chemicals used,
just makes sense to me since i take time to grow organically , seems a waste to then use a chemical extraction method ...

i think this hash is as good as shatter in any case ...

picture.php

picture.php

I love some fresh bubble. lately ive really been into the solventless and the rosin tech has also treated me well. I love how simple it is to get a great extract with these methods! great topic brother nature.

edit: I think my favorite hash was the bubble hash my good buddy and I made out of skywalker og. it didn't even smell like weed. just dank kushy stinky rotten goodness. super high yielder too. the specimen we used came from RP's feminized skywalker. they aren't lying when they say its a hash makers plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts