Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Cannabis grafting

Thread Title Search
Cannabis grafting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2016, 12:15 PM #11
EvilCartman

EvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to allEvilCartman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudleyDoRight View Post
That thread is several years old....
It is. I followed it over here from C.com. There are still plenty of lil' tidbits to be found in it. It was useful to me. I hope the OP finds something helpful, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudleyDoRight View Post
Grafting cannabis imo.....is not reliable enough to be useful.....
I suppose it depends on your goals. I found it useful. Six strains on one root system.

Haven't had to deal with it, since the state went med-legal. It's a lot of extra work.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:24 PM #12
ozza

ozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of light
I graft two rootstocks onto one tomato plant.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM #13
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
All right.... you guys have inspired me....

Iv ordered some grafting clips....

Imo the wrong methods are typically used to get limited success....

I know of ony a few people who have actually grafted successfully....

Im planning to plant 3 one gallon containers inside a 7 gallon....

The center plant will be the receiving plant....

Im planning to use an approach graft.....

That should solve the problem with wilty clones......

Traditionally its used on larger live plants.....

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:26 AM #14
OPO

OPO will become famous soon enoughOPO will become famous soon enough
Yuo can not graft a cannabis scion or a Stem with root system to Tomatos,Nettles,Hops what I know ,but you ve good chances to graft cannabis to Humulus-scanden/japonicus aka Japanese hops.
=netxt brother of Cannabis + a one saison plant as Cannabis are .
This realy works I read many times + the root system of the Jap Hops can be very powerfull too.
-But the result will grow different as graftet with cannabis I think:=different rootstem-system of Jap Hops = different trais by the way how the graftings grows and flowers!)

-But the pollen of bouth are will not be fertile,-because of the fast genetic drift of bouth species = unpossible
OPO is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2016, 05:41 AM #15
OPO

OPO will become famous soon enoughOPO will become famous soon enough
I know it form someone who ve try all this experiment with grafting : The nettle is realy by genetic and plant structure more near brothered with cannabis as with Tomatos or potatos.
If you will graft a nettle scion at a cannabis stem it will not survive the first month
= I know this from the practise of a man who try this with Hops,Nettles and the Jap Hops.
=So only who will survive
May I can show you some nice result the end of 2016 with a Humulus-Scandens Grafted with a scion of a onw Leaf-Mutant-strain webbed as the Ducksfoot but without rips and some other nice stuff
OPO is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 AM #16
ozza

ozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of lightozza is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScienceKids View Post
Actually there should be no major issues using cannabis as the scion and tomato as the rootstock...grafting branches is different than grafting rootstocks.
Except that it wouldn't work because it has to be from the same family.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:48 AM #17
Jonny Lan

Jonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really niceJonny Lan is just really nice
well I'm subbed. been told this would never work so I'm excited to tell my buddy he's wrong
Jonny Lan is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2016, 12:02 PM #18
ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScienceKids View Post

Here is a tomato plant grafted to a potato plant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODoURevMI4
You know that they are both from the Solanaceae family hey?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae

Old 01-22-2016, 03:58 PM #19
ozza

Go do some proper science kids, cause if you don't understand a tomato doesn't graft to cannabis, there is a lot you need to learn before even attempting this.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:57 PM #20
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
The further up the “family tree” the less the chance of success…meaning “family < genus < species”. Beyond “family” chances are very, very, slim if not impossible.
Betterhaff is offline Quote