What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~California Vert. Projects ~ The Sagas of a Medicinal Grower~

Sleeper7784

Step 3. Give it a little squeeze to ring out excess water.

picture.php

Step 4. For this step I'm using RO water but normally I use dechlorinated tap with same results. We are going to Ph adjust to 5.5-6.0, and give our cups another rinse to ensure proper ph for our roots to shoot out into.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

Step 5. After charging each coco cup with clean properly ph'd water, make sure you give them a few good squeezes to get excess water out and not leave the medium to soggy.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Step 6. Slightly pack coco back down and level out.

picture.php

And place clear cup into red cup...

picture.php

Ending today's prep, these cup are ready to go come tomorrow.

I like to prep them a day ahead of cloning and make sure the coco is moist but not saturated and still dripping. You shouldn't be able to squeeze anymore water out the next day. If you can just squeeze it out again until its stops leaking and nicely repack coco.

Sleeper7784

Day of Cloning.

Day of Cloning.

Step 1. Place tools in alcohol and rinse with water before use.

picture.php

Step 2. Set up work station.

This includes:

Cloning tray/coco cups/humidity dome

Spray bottle with straight dechlorinated ph adjusted 150ppm tap water or ph adjusted RO

Shallow bowl, filled with dechlorinated ph adjusted 150ppm tap water or ph adjusted RO

Clonex gel/a shot glass

Scalpel

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52033&pictureid=1214028
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

Step 3. In each cup I like to take something and poke a shallow 1/4" deep target hole for me to stick the clones into.

picture.php
picture.php

Step 4. Choosing a clone. I use my scalpel as a guide on length. It's about 6" long. But I like to take cuttings that are around 7" give or take. Anything much longer won't fit under the humidity dome.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

Step 5. Once the cutting is selected, I prep the cut for removal, but razoring off every node blow the apex and the first node below the apex.

I leave the bottom 2 nodes above where I will make the 45. They will get sliced off in the water.

Once the desired cutting has been preped it should look like this.

picture.php

Step 6. Time to remove the cutting. This particular one is one on the back of my plant so I will just cut it off flush against the stalk. As soon as I remove it the procedure moves a little quickly.

It goes straight into the water filled cutting bowl, I 45 just below my 2 bottom nodes, then next I slice the remaining lower nodes off flush, scrap a little skin off, dip it and stick it.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

Step 7. Over to the clone cab.
Once you've taken all you clones, take your fresh cuts and give them a good misting with a fine mist sprayer. Then mist the humidity dome down, install over clone tray and slide them under some t5 or in my case 4 26w 6500k cfls, works just fine.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

For the first 3-5 days I stay on top of misting them once in morning and once at night, and anytime in between if needed. After day 5, I continue to leave the dome on but the misting gets reduced to once a day until around day 7-m10. Usually after day 7, I start testing to see if they can stand on their own. I do this by removing the dome for 30-45 mins. If they start dropping just mist them and replace dome.

Right now in the winter I've been getting roots consistently on day 12.

The day temp in the cloning cab is 73 and RH is 60%

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
nice! i used to clone in coco but switched to rockwool because they are easier to sell

Sleeper7784

nice! i used to clone in coco but switched to rockwool because they are easier to sell

Oh yeah for sure! If I was going to vend. my cuts, I'd go to rockwool. You can't fit 50 9oz cups in a cloning tray. Lol unless it's one of those 2'x4' Botanicare ones.

When I do get rid of any, people are always trippen, and I've got to explain that coco is compatible with any medium. Even DWC, just got to give the roots a little rinse and your good to go.

Other growers always get all plexed up when the Coco Vert guy starts talking. It's like I'm alien to some people. Lol I love being unorthodox and unique.

Sleeper7784

Day 1

Day 1

Got another doughnut running, theses are trained exactly how I wanted them. They were veg'ed to 14" topped down to 7", reveg'ed back to 16".

picture.php
picture.php

d3cryption

Veteran
Hmmmm interesting .. and what do u expect the yield to be?

I think the mistake I made was topping my gsc too late into veg... I believe it I had top how u did, I would have gotten the stretch I wanted...

Cold night temps didnt help either , I don't think....

Im going to pull all the plants out tonight and start to plick the leaves since stretch should be over..

mr. gt

Only skimmed through. I need more time to read it. Wheres the updated circle pics! Im a huge fan of this style man. Let alone your choice of strain. : ( I need detailed pics....NOW! ahhaha good vibes your way man. Keep it up and show why people need to go 360* circle verts.

I still have to skim through but mind telling me your outside perimeter dimensions. Im having a debate with my self about gpw per sq ft per amount time....if you know what I mean..hahaha

~mr. gt

Latest posts

Latest posts