What's new

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

TLoft13

Thanks for your exhaustive answer, Avinash.miles, very much appreciated. Never heard of the satellite before, impressive videos...and just yesterday i discovered an swiss made machine with a barrel design(like theRolling Thunder, Twister ect.). Lots going on, hopefully prices will come down a bit due to competition.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trim machines

trim machines

Thanks for your exhaustive answer, Avinash.miles, very much appreciated. Never heard of the satellite before, impressive videos...and just yesterday i discovered an swiss made machine with a barrel design(like theRolling Thunder, Twister ect.). Lots going on, hopefully prices will come down a bit due to competition.

reasons why the satellite has stroked my balls:

sound dock w kickas$ speakers on top, plug and 1/8th inch into it and you have stereo w sound control on the control box

3 bag trim system, catches ur trim in 3 bags, each w different sized holes, final bag is almost pure keif, its an extraction machine and a trimmer, and a stereo system....

its not that loud, so u can actually have the machine running full blast speakers on (not even full) andyou can still communicate without yelling at the top of your lungs . ya, its a nice machine

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just wanted to fill every one in,
check my edit on the first page,
hope that doesn't sour the thread for too many people, because something like this just can not last for long, and i am going to show and tell why (IMHO) but just wanted to be clear with yall

I still use and rage the sattelite, and grow like mad (ill start other threads eventually, but this is too much fun....)

so ya, it was, not is

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Nothing wrong with trying to relive past glory....glad you came clean.

Curious as to why you decided to tell us now?

joe

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Ugly Side

The Ugly Side

Ok,
now for the ugly side
some of the not so pretty things we had to turn our heads from in order to get the work done, its not safe but nothing unsafe ever happened, no accidents that hurt anything but the plants.

Worst thing:
Electricity
picture.php
Electricity
power is an issue here

these things are like something from a cartoon, big handle size breakers, i think attatched to 250amp breakers.
picture.php

These breakers are part of the original building infrastructure, so they are probably pretty safe compared to.... say.....

Ok, now comes the ugly part
you've been warned,

[URL]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33998&pictureid=796833[/URL][IMG]
[IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33998&pictureid=796833
picture.php

:laughing::chin::snap out of it::Bolt:

i dunno if that makes sense,
this pic is of wiring obviously not part of original building infrastructure, its panels running romex to the breakers i showed above, these boxes contained large "house style" breakers, with 30 amp switches mostly for controlling lights you can see 2 sub panels each with larger panel of breakers below it, and the timer in between the larger 2 boxes.
sorry for the sideways pic
sorry for all the shite pics, ive already explained, cell phone, ya
anyhooo,
power gets wilder.

this is a lil something i like to call :::

"Spaghetti Highway"
picture.php
me standing on the floor looking up at the ceiling, all wires running suspended in the air
HAHAHA

now for the big picture
picture.php

so that is looking down at what i refer to as no mans land
its an uncovered veg area (all lit up), a transplant station (below and right of the lights) which is white trays w large plants on them in this pic. then on far right of pic u see a light again, and that is the door to tent 1
see spaghetti highway running over the tent into the lit open veg area? behind that veg and tent one is tents 2&3... that's where all that spagetti is goin
:friends::yoinks:
:fsu:
:wallbash:
:puke::help:
:puppydoge

^^^ that's how it feels to work so hard on a place when sum1 avoided doing the work proper before u got there.
its tough as hell to setup the electrical work for a place like this, but its if done right it makes all the later work so much more worth it. right?
and im no electrician, but that don look right 2me.... can i get an AMEN?

picture.php

so from this
picture.php
we go to this
picture.php
then 2 this
picture.php

and that looks kinda like this
picture.php

:laughing:

and the last Ugly side of this post is this
picture.php

APHIDS ON THE BOTTOM OF A LEAF
the truly "ugly" side for me, because im a grower, lover of this plant, not an electrician....
so ya, aphids on my precious bubba kush is worse than all that crazy wiring

until next time:wave:

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Damn, crazy impressive grow.
That pic of the aphids! An infestation, on a grow of this scale, could/would be a nightmare!!!

J

juicepuddle

just wanted to fill every one in,
check my edit on the first page,
hope that doesn't sour the thread for too many people, because something like this just can not last for long, and i am going to show and tell why (IMHO) but just wanted to be clear with yall

I still use and rage the sattelite, and grow like mad (ill start other threads eventually, but this is too much fun....)

so ya, it was, not is

Hey its cool that you admit it before to many got into this haha, I however am STILL into this, just like you said its literally like the pineapple express setup haha, B - E - A - UTIFUL!

I don't care that the grow isn't currently happening, as long as your updates are propper not skewed etc :)

Oh no aphids!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
THANKS SO MUCH for this advice,
i actually had some problems w my cali connect seeds, the chem 4 preflowered super hard under 24 hors of lite, so im done with it for growing but it yielded super great super quick.... so breed with it why not i thought.
and my blackwaters came up 5 out of 5 males, so i took the best male (that was a kick in the balls)
im just workn with what i have for breeding, dont really want to go in search of a daddy, but i guess i could
also im not dye hard for a kush dad, anything will do this is my first time im just havn fun w genetics now.
the only breeding i did before this was backcrossing seeds that i collected while treking the himalayas.... so this i round one, that was my warm up :):):)
PM me if u r going to northern india, i know the villages that are covered.....

ive been on one long search for a good OG kush male...gotten real close a few times only to loose them in transit. i have a pack of Fire OG from CC i might pop to search around.....

the dad is so important...its not hard to find a good mother and pollen hack her, but isnt the goal of breeding to find something better than the original mother. many times ive seen good strains watered down by a dad who expressed totally different traits than the mom, and the resulting bud is a super polyhybrid that exhibits several traits, but none at their best....

Bubba kush, blue dream, purple haze, durban, la kush, ISS, Black bubba, cali orange, kurple, Bruce Banner (#3 mofos!!!!) armageddeon skunk, Vanilla Kush, God Bud, Death Star, HP-13, hawaiian, AK-NL,

i kno im leaving some out... i hope their feelings aren't hurt
:)

strains that hermaphrodited on me so i quarantined then cut from production:
chernobyl, agent orange, pink maui, querkle, AK47, Big Bud, Supersilver haze (not the real cut, some garbage), space queen, Cheesequake,

i hate to say this: but all the TGA/subcool genetics i ran here hermaphrodited

you got the cali-o?!? thats one strain ive been looking for a long time, got any more information/pictures of that cut? i would love to see a cali-o crossed to a kush of some kind.....whenever i trim OG kush then wash my hands with orange cleaner the resulting smell is epic...would make awesome bud.

your hermie list is awesome too...mostly because that basically lists the entire strain lineup at harborside health center lol...HHC pushes TGA seeds tough too. my friend has an AK cut that doesnt hermie and produces real solid buds..

zenoonez

Veteran
Okay... so update from my previous post... first - this thread still gives me a boner... second - you aren't hiring are you? third - its shit like this that makes me want to move to a medical state.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i must say it is a nice grow and well set up....

but i know guys with bigger operations and they have been going for over 25 years without a hiccup.....the secret is not putting all your eggs in one basket...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
replies

replies

@yes4prop215
off topic but i dont mind.... its my thread, and thanks for the input.
like i said im not die hard for a kush on kush cross, def not an OG fanatic or anything like that, i tend to like a tad sweeter kush than most OGS
i got a GREAT rectangle kush cut from Rare Dankness, that was amazing, and the Abusive OG from rare dankness was amazing as well (altho i didn't hold onto any of those :( )
basically i chose the blackwater male by taking all (5!) of my BW males, cloning them all, keeping clones labeled to fathers, the clones with the best results came from the dad
i figure if all the dads look happy healthy vigourous, they are all carrying somewhat decent genetics, if the only thing i can learn about them is form propagation, then i pick the best propagator, hoping it will pass on it's easy to clone traits to the next generation, making the resulting mom good for production and mass propagation.
is that somewhat sound logic or a shot in the dark? its what i did with what i had one way or the other.

as far as the Cali-O goes, it was a decent plant, vegged short, like it didnt grow fast in veg so the plants i flipped all were a lil smaller than the ones around it, and they never produced great great yeilds, so ..... unfortunately ...... :bump:
they got bumped, the powers that b are all about harvest.
honestly it didn't have the most amazing orangey flavor, but it triched out like none other, def shelf pretty or bag pretty strain or cut that I had. the only strain as dense w trichs was the Hp-13, which grew much better than the cali-o
so it stayed and cali-o went

look at previous posts about orangey strains,
the cali o was short n stout tho, and all other orangey strains ive grown lean towards sativa.... ohhhh genes

@ juicepuddle
thanks for the bigups, and keepn posted, im loving 2 share this.

@hold your fire
and as far as those aphids go.... they really never hit the buds, it was like they were happy just to live under a few leaves here n there, they never really attacked the plant or did damage, it was way ugly, waaaaay ugly, but i always saw the bugs, never saw any damage,
one of those problems the disturbs the grower more than the plant.
i think its cuz i was testing a foliar spray that was kinda fishy..... and they liked that, i think
ya halellujah no aphid nightmare stories

and finally
@sinola
thanks

:wave:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

but i know guys with bigger operations and they have been going for over 25 years without a hiccup.....the secret is not putting all your eggs in one basket...

Joe
I hear you
ive worked on long and standing grows (15 years goin or so) but...
it seems like its easier to do for long periods in the black market. I know that don make sense but::wave:
what with the ever changing regulatory positions and public opinions of medical.... one day your ok w the powers that be, and the next day you are not, over something w nothing to do w u n the operation.

ill get into the downfall of this place later, its to nice remembering the good rite now,
plus it just puts me down to think of the decline, and i gotta stay up for the ladies counting on me now!

thanks for dropping in!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I hear you joe

seems like the longest running places are in black market areas.... what with ever changing regulatory mmj scene and swaying public opinions..... medical companies get the run around trying to stay legal,
everyone else sez to hell w it and the next thing you know its a decade old.
ya ive helped out at a place like that, 15 years in or so

thanks for popping in

as far as being well set up...... im not 2 sure @ that,
did u see that electrical? it works, most of the time..... but its not proper electrical work trust me, i had more electrical problems here than any other type. if some1 had just done that right to begin with....

Last edited:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Very Ture Joe Fresh like wise.... nothing like a nice big grow to me.. its the true beauty of this cannabis at its full potential giving it a Full Home :). thanks for the show I've had very similar experience in Florida but this guys are doing 500+ in each commercial barn

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Dank!!!!

jesus.... florida, americas wang just hangn down there,
never gets hard....
i love the beaches but.... the rest is just not the place for me