Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Grafting?

Thread Title Search
Grafting? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM #31
Weezard
Hawaiian Inebriatti

Weezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivor
Cool Aino sked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemanrocks View Post
This oughta be a fun one....

Canni....all your stuff is still in veg...yeah?

Weeze, your root donor is outdoors in flower...Si?

Yes!
Deep flower, almost done.

The potential body-donor is just entering puberty.
That's what I find exciting 'bout dis 'speriment
If the graft takes, I will be tickled blue.

So many interesting variables!

Then the real fun begins.
Auxins, floragens, mobile nutrients, acne, etc.
Let the battle begin!
Care to make book on which hormones will prevail?

The biggest temptation that I see is to put you way over count in the mother cabinet.

Quit the contrary!
Wanting variety is what tempts me to exceed my count now!

I see a brilliant future here.
4 rootballs with 4 grafted strains each, is 16 strains of mother plant.
But, will only count as 4 plants!

I only plan on perhaps, six "keeper" strains because I'm not that good a juggler, and some grafts will fail, and bad shit will happen.
That leaves a little room for trying new crosses too.

Shucks sonny-boy, us gypsy farmers expects a little trouble, Yah?
All kine adventures in the offing here.

Good work Canni....it'll be fun to follow along.

HMR
Even more fun to play along!
Mahalo, C.W.

Wee (what no got no Wii), 'zard

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae
Weezard is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 PM #32
paladin420
FACILITATOR

paladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant future
I am so loven this as medical mothers. In a state where numbers are the game? This is how to play IMHO

Old 07-04-2011, 11:55 PM #33
OvergrowingKiwi
Finding Peace Amidst Chaos

OvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the roughOvergrowingKiwi is a jewel in the rough
You have inspired me also. A great way to preserve genetics.

- OGK's bubble cloner design -

R.I.P Kronical_Kiwi - A mentor & top class mate, taken too soon. "nanos gigantum humeris insidentes"

OvergrowingKiwi is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 12:48 AM #34
Canniwhatsis
High country cat herder

Canniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone for the compliments, bear in mind I'm not the first to try this stuff, and in all reality I'm just a schmuck with a green thumb and some dumb luck who's hacking away at this growing my own stuff as best as I can.

It's been brought to my attention that perhaps the Grow Logs aren't the best location for this thread, However it's intended to track my first flowering experiment from late in vege to completion of flower in about 8 more weeks.

That being said, I've got no new pics since the F'n camera's batteries are dead.

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow more than likely, Everyone have a safe and fun 4th!!!!
Canniwhatsis is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 AM #35
Canniwhatsis
High country cat herder

Canniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of light

Found the stock of batteries,.... put "fresh" batteries in the camera,..... it wouldn't even turn on!!!! I could view the card, (better than the other batteries) but nothing else.

Suffice to say things are looking good, plant is pretty much done with stretch, and I'm pretty much done with training her to the screen. From where she's at I'm gonna just let the cola's go UP!
Canniwhatsis is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 AM #36
strongbox18

strongbox18 will become famous soon enough
really interested in this, will be checking in often. thanks
+rep

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM #37
MonoTony

i take a seat

Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM #38
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Wink Been done

I had a thread on this a long time ago, and I think at least 1 guy met with success.
Key is to attach the two plants together while they are still attached to their own roots.
After they graft, the grafts can be separated from their roots.

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM #39
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydog View Post
I had a thread on this a long time ago, and I think at least 1 guy met with success.
Key is to attach the two plants together while they are still attached to their own roots.
After they graft, the grafts can be separated from their roots.
This is one more way to make 2 strains on one root mass,but it's different and safer,because transpiration would not be an issue in this case
It's a pretty common technique used for other kind of plants btw,never seen on a ganja plant.

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM #40
TurboFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreason View Post
This is one more way to make 2 strains on one root mass,but it's different and safer,because transpiration would not be an issue in this case
It's a pretty common technique used for other kind of plants btw,never seen on a ganja plant.

for people who don't under stand this, one of the grafts can be separated from their own roots, but not both. this technique is easier when you grow strains very close together in say a tub or bin or and you slice a flat portion of the sidewall off the side of the stem either at the bottom or midway up both plants and push together the 2 stems together, wrap in grafting tape of a twistie tie AFTER you put clonex gel between the 2 sealing out any air and protecting it from infection. you can then go onto grafting another plant in the tub or bin after the first one heals. cutting the graftee away from its roots. after all desirable grafts have been made, you can pull the main plant from the tub and cut away a portion of its roots and replant so you dont have one giant tub of dead roots with one live plant competing for space. Grafting is one of the best things for personal stash growers. you can effectively have one or a couple plants with tens or even hundreds of different strains on one plant, without going over plant limits. just get the brass plant tags with the wire you can stencile the strain name onto and twist around the grafted branch so you have a permanent non rusting tag. You can obtain these on amazon, along with the grafting tape.