What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANY IDEAS

chomsky

Growing in Canna Coco just flipped to 12/12 This is just showing up in the last two or three days...

temp 82
RH 50%
co2 900ppm
PH 6.0

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
how strong is your nutrient solution?

are you using a coco specific nutirent?

those leaves look over fed in one way but have patches of lightness that doesn't look healthy.

you need to tell us the life story of this plant, the more detail you provide, the easier it will be to figure out.

be exact what did you do from seedling or clone till now.

chomsky

how strong is your nutrient solution?

are you using a coco specific nutirent?

those leaves look over fed in one way but have patches of lightness that doesn't look healthy.

you need to tell us the life story of this plant, the more detail you provide, the easier it will be to figure out.

be exact what did you do from seedling or clone till now.

Yes I am using coco specific nutes. I'm using a full line of Canna nutrients. Started off in 2 inch pots moved to 2 gallon pots and then moved to 5 gallon pots. I have been draining to waste every feeding and I have been going almost exact if not a little bit low on the recommended nutrients. During veg in the different stages in started at 630 ppm Went to 763 ppm then 896 ppm in there during the first week of flour I am at around 1100 ppm. I'm using a Soydr X plus LED light that is at about 60% Power at the moment. I will rip it up to 100% over the next two weeks probably.

Absolem

HI,

This is the lab results from a nutrient test done on Canna Coco nutrients. The test was posted on here a number of years ago. It might give you a starting point where you are at on your elemental PPM's. The test was done using RO water containing 5 ppms.

picture.php

Here's a link to the page.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=251463

gr866

Veteran
Yes I am using coco specific nutes. I'm using a full line of Canna nutrients. Started off in 2 inch pots moved to 2 gallon pots and then moved to 5 gallon pots. I have been draining to waste every feeding and I have been going almost exact if not a little bit low on the recommended nutrients. During veg in the different stages in started at 630 ppm Went to 763 ppm then 896 ppm in there during the first week of flour I am at around 1100 ppm. I'm using a Soydr X plus LED light that is at about 60% Power at the moment. I will rip it up to 100% over the next two weeks probably.

Are you using Canna's recommended rates? What is your water source? 1100 ppm is high to me. You are very dark green.
I run drip in three gallon smart pots and am never that high.
How is your cal/mag ratio to nutes?

Absolem

chomsky
Canna is designed to be used with tap water. Not RO.

If tap water would have been used the test would have been contaminated. By using RO water the original author was able to find the nutrient solution profile for Canna Coco Nutrients.

The next step for a person would be to have their tap water tested. By doing this and using the numbers provided in the Canna test one could find out real close what their nutrient solution profile is.

This place tests water and nutrients if anyone is interested.
http://www.jrpeters.com/lab-services/testing-services/nutritional.html

A good starting point in finding a deficiency is to first test and find out what is exactly in a nutrient solution profile.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Canna Coco Nurtient Test.jpg
    Canna Coco Nurtient Test.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 17

gr866

Veteran
chomsky

If tap water would have been used the test would have been contaminated. By using RO water the original author was able to find the nutrient solution profile for Canna Coco Nutrients.

The next step for a person would be to have their tap water tested. By doing this and using the numbers provided in the Canna test one could find out real close what their nutrient solution profile is.

This place tests water and nutrients if anyone is interested.
http://www.jrpeters.com/lab-services/testing-services/nutritional.html

A good starting point in finding a deficiency is to first test and find out what is exactly in a nutrient solution profile.

View Image

I have extremely bad tap water so I was using RO and rain water, very very low ppm and was continually having issues. I called Canna USA and was told to add tap or other source to bring the ppm to 120 ppm prior to adding the base nutes.
I have some info I found on a forum don't remember where but I copied the main content. I have been using it and it is working well for me, as long as I begin with 120 ppm. I will post it this week, when I have the opportunity.

GR

HqFarms

Every plant is different. Feed according to the plant, don't feed what some nutrient line tells you to do. They want you to use more so you will buy more. You are better off figuring which nutes get locked out by toxicity of other nutes and work backwards from there

Miraculous Meds

Mg Def. Too wet/dry. Check ur runoff ph. If it's lower than 5.5, flush thru with ph 6 till u get 5.9 or 6 on run off test. Cold medium could do it too, I doubt that's ur prob at 82f, but ur low temp may be a problem. It would help to get ur rh up to 70% when running 82f.

Greenlife1

I have had the same thing happen.
Medfinder has it right. I would do light foliar with epsom salt. Also like the others said...you seem high on the ppms.
I would cut back to mid 700 range.
No matter what nutes i have used , ive never hit over 800 ppms in flower doing dtw.