What's new

NEED HELP WITH MY DWC

Cleetus

Hello everyone. I am not new to the site but have not posted in a few years. I started running DWC from current culture 2 1/2 years ago. I have had many successes and like doing it in the water as opposed to soil. Recently I have ran into a problem and I cannot figure out what I have on my hands. I really need the communities help to find out what I am dealing with and how to resolve the issue. I have dealt with many pathogen's and pests in the past but this has truly stumped me.

A little about my room that I am having a problem with. It is a veg room with an eight bucket current culture system I believe each bucket is 8 gallons. My water temperature is chilled and always stays at 67°F while my pH remains between 5.5 to 6.0. The room temp is at 75°F with the humidity of 40% sometimes raising to 50%. Currently at the state of veg that it's in I have the PPM at 400. I am using current culture nutrients. I have never had a problem since starting in this new veg room. Last night I went to check the little guys and saw many issues that I am not familiar with. I am dealing with a gorilla glue strain that I have grown multiple times and have not had any issues. I will post pictures and any help would be appreciated.

In advance thank you to anyone who can give insight on this issue I am dealing with.

Attachments

• IMG_7112.jpg
    IMG_7112.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7111.jpg
    IMG_7111.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7110.jpg
    IMG_7110.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13

gtg341w

I would be really interested to hear from experienced members on this. I'm familiar with some of the basic pests/pathogens but this is a new one. Are you thinking that's it's not some sort of strain-specific stress response?

cravin morehead

Veteran
that does look strange... it almost looks like the off gassing effects some people got a few years back from cheap tents and hose materials in the grow space... I'm not sure though. your environment and nutes levels seem great... keep this bumped up so others can see it and hopefully get it figured out...

cm

gh0stm0de

Looks like lockout. Id flush day then next day fresh mix. Scrutinize nute bottles, what nutes? I see you say CC but whats your Full feeding regime? When have you last recalibrated and verified ph meter accuracy? Hope you keep 4.01, 7.0 and 10.0 ph solutions handy for calibration and accuracy reference.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Looks like lockout. Id flush day then next day fresh mix. Scrutinize nute bottles, what nutes? I see you say CC but whats your Full feeding regime? When have you last recalibrated and verified ph meter accuracy? Hope you keep 4.01, 7.0 and 10.0 ph solutions handy for calibration and accuracy reference.

Correct, using 4 and 7 to verify is critical. I only used seven and kept calibrating with it and did not know batteries were dying and giving false reading.

gh0stm0de

Are you checking ph at control, actual buckets, or both ? I wonder if you could potentially have a clog or other flow issue..

Are you using RO?

Hard to tell from your pic, does this affect every plant?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
that does look strange... it almost looks like the off gassing effects some people got a few years back from cheap tents and hose materials in the grow space... I'm not sure though. your environment and nutes levels seem great... keep this bumped up so others can see it and hopefully get it figured out...

cm
After looking at your pics, first I'd suggest growin upright instead of upside down.. how do you keep the water in the buckets?? :biggrin::biggrin:

But my first thought was like cravin said... could easily be off gassing.. not that LocDog is wrong, that could be an issue too...

Have you changed out any plastic bits recently or put new 'parts' in close proximity to your grow area.. I like 50%-70% RH in veg, for me 40% is a little too low... but maybe mold build up somewhere around air intakes?? just throwing it out there..

Cleetus

Hey guys thanks for all the responses. Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this thread. I absolutely calibrate my ph testers. I use blue lab guardian. I test at 4 and 7. Also my humidity does sometimes reach 60% but I have a 1 ton ac to cool the room and when it kicks in it drops the RH down to 40% and then rises back up until the AC turns back on. I use CC veg A and B for veg along with their UC roots product. I was using AN grow a and b and b52 and voodoo prior to the nite switch. I like CC because they are cleaner and clear and don't disrupt the beautiful white roots. Have contemplated switching to aqua canna though.

As for the issue I am still stumped. I regularly flush the water out every 10 days and maintain a solid ph range like stated before. So I dunno what to do. I sprayed with sns 213 and mighty wash and water to clean them up. Also used spinosaid <<probably spelled wrong. Seemed to work for 2-3 days and even saw new growth. But the dusty like substance has since came back. I am having a large problem identifying the actual issue and would love to resolve the problem so I can flip them to flower. In my opinion it is some type of pest that I am yet to recognize and conquer.

Thanks again for all the help people. This site and its members rock!!

Latest posts

Latest posts