What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No vertical this run, LST in coco.

packerfan79

Veteran
Gr866, I am a vert fanatic to. I am finishing my first run of a new 4k stadium. I didn't use screens like I usually do, and I am paying for it to much damn larf. Your screens are nicely filled out.

gr866

Veteran
Gr866, I am a vert fanatic to. I am finishing my first run of a new 4k stadium. I didn't use screens like I usually do, and I am paying for it to much damn larf. Your screens are nicely filled out.

Thanks Bud,

Yeah, I really like vertical grows, they do really increase your yields but damn they are fun to work with.
Have never tried a stadium, but I can see the larf happening.
I think Aspen would enjoy vert as much hands on as she is.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Today's project, is the suction side of the drip system. Not exactly sure how I am going to do it but, like what Aspenou812 with her unit. Only I will not drill holes in the rez, will go over the top with it.
Yesterday I completed the distribution manifold, built for my 5 plant vertical grows but will plug the inner three and only use the outer two ports for this grow.

My main concern is siphoning the main rez, not a water type person so could sure use some advice here people.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Day 14 of 12/12

First things first, my parts came in from the hydro store, so we hope to complete the drip system today/tomorrow.

So the ladies are doing fine, been hand water/feeding three times a day 1 to 1.5 liters per plant.
Pistols began at around day 7.
Been doing lite defo, mainly fans but did remove some inner branching of the small sucker branches, will do heavy defo around the 21st day.
2/13

2/14

2/15

2/16

2/16

More pics to follow
GR

Last edited:

gr866

Veteran
Day 17 12/12

Finally getting around to building this!

Irrigation set-up for drip

Main rez - 10 gallon 70% full
Secondary rez - 14 gallon 70 % full
Black Holes Emitter

SCH

WW

GR

gr866

Veteran
Day 21 12/12

Today was defo day, I have been removing big fans that have hung over bud sites but today, it was going deep into the plant. Removing back minor branches, heaver defo and some binding to open them up.
Now it time for the buds to extend and begin to plump up, really should be a few weeks before I start adding bulk but the bud sites themselves should elongate.

I completed the drip system with Black Holes emitters, but yesterday we were out of town and upon return the plants were fairly limp, at the beginning of the that nights system start I manually gave them a double dose of water/nutes got about about a 3 cup runoff from a 9 cup watering.
This morning when the lights came on they were all wilted again, the SCH was the worst of the two as the large fans were very limp and wilted. Again something went wrong in my system, the timer for the system was blank, so they had not water since the watering I had done the night before. I have been running 3 cycles during the lights on period. So today I go buy me a new timer, that one has been great so I will get another like it. Get one minute increments with this Brinks timer.
I also noticed that the Black Holes emitter for the SCH was not putting out as much as the WW's so I did the bucket method for calibrating and got them where I wanted them again. The SCH drinks about two cup more per cycle than the WW so that is correct now.

I do like the way they are budding, believe that this grow is the strongest bud development for this period in the grow than I have had before.
WW pre defo and binding

WW post defo and binding

SCH pre defo and binding

SCH post defo and binding

Defo complete and back in the tent to get the heavy water/nute cycle.

GR

More pics next post.

gr866

Veteran
The best laid plans of mice and men, LOL

Was unable to find a digital timer yesterday, went to three different towns in my area and could not find one. I ordered from Amazon and since I have Prime it was free shipping. Got the Hydrofarm TM01715D 7-Day Digital Program Timer, got minute increments, so should work out ok. Also order a 5 pack of 2 gallon Smart Pots, getting ready for my next grow.
Brinks is going to replace the one that went down with an upgraded version at no cost. So that will allow me better control over my environment, running both digitals.
WW

SCH

GR

Mr. Miyagi

Nice looking plants!

I have NO idea what your water contraption is for but it seems to be working. Nice improvement from your first grow... told ya, brush your shoulders off and get to work! lol

Seeya!

gr866

Veteran
My system allows me some sleep, I have been getting up at least two times a night to hand water, and that sucked. Now it waters 4 times a night 9pm, 12:30am, 4:15am and 7:30am. All I have to do is keep the rez filled and monitor it. Getting it dialed in now, it gets one extra minute at the 9 and 730 feedings, and have been using just under a gallon per night with around .3 gal as runoff. That's less than when I was hand watering and the plants are doing great, can't wait to do this with a vertical grow.
Thanks for keeping an eye on me, I get a bit out of control sometimes, LOL.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Day 30 of 12/12

Lot's going on since last update. Finely got auto watering system going well, still doing some fine tuning.
Plants are doing well, putting some size on now, giving about 3 total gallons over 4 feeding periods during lights on, with around a gallon runoff. Think I can back this off some, maybe down to 2 gallons.
Let's see, had a timer die that was used for watering cycles, took two days to get a new one so was up two times a night hand watering. Then Monday my pH meter died, just got the parts in today for repair. Still waiting on calibration liquids to arrive, been having to use fish tank pH strips, that are not that reliable.
Have begun backing off nute A&B this week, was at 600 ppm will be at 500 by end of week.

The Super Citrus Haze is one stretchy bitch, I have had to supercrop a few branches to slow her down some, one branch I have supercropped three different times.
2/28/17

3/7/17

The WW is a squatty one, very dense and compact. Leaf to bud ratio is bad but if all those sugar leaves frost up the way the should it will be good. I gave a few of these seeds to a friend and he grew them last year, got the same plant, his was bit taller cause he was outside but was still squatty.
2/28/17

3/7/17

The pair! 3/7

GR

gr866

Veteran
Day 35 12/12

Another 20 to 25 days for the WW, at least those are the numbers given by the breeder. I go by trichs and with the WW I may harvest a little early and try to get more head high.
The SCH according to the breeder is a 63-70 day again will check trichs going mostly cloudy on this one.

3/08/17
WW

SCH

The pair

Con't next post

GR

Last edited:

gr866

Veteran
Day 42 12/12

Hope it last but am on cruise control at the moment. Making my mix up at least a day ahead has proven it's worth. I am making 4 to 5 gallons at a time and letting it rest for 24 to 60+ hrs makes it stable. I add that to my secondary rez and recirculate for an hour or so then adjust the pH, it may float a few points 5.8 to 6.1 over a three day period. Then I refill and start over again.
Both girls are packing on some weight, love fat girls, well in my cannabis grows. Both are beginning to trich up nicely.
The WW could use some pruning, due to light blockage only, but her leaf stems are tight they are like sugar leaf and the lower part of the leaf is triching out. Both plants are show heavy trich formation, have had better at this time of growth but after my last couple of grows I am so very very happy with what is going on. I am backing off the A&B fairly rapidly, I have been at 450 ppm and with about 20 days till harvest I want to be down to 100 ppm at flush. The WW will be first at around 55 to 60 days follow by the SCH at around 70 days. Will have to hand water the WW for the final week, no problem.
This run will be hopefully how I run my next grow, the 5 plant vertical .
3/17
WW

3/20

Super Citrus Haze
3/17

3/20

The Pair

CYA,

GR

Last edited:

gr866

Veteran
Folks, I see an issue with the WW. Looks almost like a cal/mag issue, any thoughts?
Day 43 of 12/12 and I started noticing it on day 41.
Note the areas that almost look bleached, got a little tip curl. Can it be heat problems? The lights, 315W cmh is at 19" above the plants and the SS400 LED is 20" above. Also the pistils are should be bright white but turning red, seems way to early for that. I know they are getting enough nute solution, at about 1.3 EC, watering three times during lights on with about 20+% runoff. The only change I have made was about two weeks ago I switched from using my tap water to adjust starting ppm for my rain water (< 18 ppm) to 120 ppm, I am using Cal/Magic to rise the ppm before I add my base nutes.

I am asking for some help here!

You can see the discoloration on the upper right leaf of this bud.

Here you can see it in the leaves in the center and the bud to the right. Also the upper fan leaves are dull in appearance.

Thanks y'all,

GR

Buddler

Veteran
First off nice plants man,i grew WW for a few runs and usually around 4 weeks it would it would show symptoms calmag whore ! I was inPeat PBP though so I would add calmag your in coco u could try some epsoms your plants only got a 2 3 more weeks soon be flushing anyways be ready with for next run

gr866

Veteran
First off nice plants man,i grew WW for a few runs and usually around 4 weeks it would it would show symptoms calmag whore ! I was inPeat PBP though so I would add calmag your in coco u could try some epsoms your plants only got a 2 3 more weeks soon be flushing anyways be ready with for next run

Thanks Bud,

The reason I got some freak on is that my last vertical grow got fucking cooked, 5 plants 5 months an to the compost pile they went. I have been having to buy my med on the retail market, to the tune of about a grand at this point.
I am a fan of Epsom in coco, but this run I wanted to do using only the Canna line. Except for the Cal/Magic. But that is what it looks like to me is Mag diff., shit I hope not. Two to three weeks is way to fucking long, they should be fattening up and putting on the trichs.
My Super Citrus Haze is doing fine. She has 4 to 5 weeks.

GR