What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves twisting, canoeing after watering

afman916

*Posted this in Infirmary as well, but thought I might get more exposure here*

So have run into my first real snag during first grow. Today was watering day, and I just went to check on the girls before lights out - when I unzipped the tent, things were not looking good. Some of the leaves (mainly top of the White Widow) are literally pointing straight up, the majority of the leaves across all plants are canoeing, and a select few are twisting/turning over.

I'm starting week 3 of flower, and up until this point my watering schedule was as such:

1x a week, roughly 3/4 - 1 gallon of water
Per gallon -
1 T Neptunes Fish and Seaweed
1 T Ful Power
1/4 t TM-7
1/4 t aloe vera
1/2 t silica
3/4 t coconut powder

Alternating between either SST or AACT as the "base" gallon of water to which the amendments are added. Water has been purified water from local grocery store, every time.

3x3 tent, 40-60% humidity, 73-77 degrees. This has been constant since they've been in the tent (about 4 weeks ago, until then were in a closet under T5s).

Growing in BAS mix, topdressed at transplant to 5 gallon (4 weeks ago) and flip to flower (2 weeks ago) with their topdress kit.

Differences with this watering -

Used no amendments. Decided to take a week off, as BAS is touted as water-only and wanted to see if I noticed a change.

Gave everyone half a gallon, as I will be away next weekend and will be watering again before I leave, not waiting until I return.

The last 2 cups everyone got was from my Mavea pitcher. I didn't get enough water from the grocery store, and laziness caused me to just fill up another gallon 3/4 of the way with water from the tap, ran through a Mavea charcoal filter. The water was out of the fridge, so I let it warm up to about room temp. but it was still slightly cool.

I haven't had a single issue up until this point. I'm leaning towards some sort of pH issue with the tap water, but it was literally two cups. And I was under the impression soil naturally buffers pH, which is why I haven't pH'd ONCE since I've started. And again, no issues with the grocery store purified water.

I'm at a loss, and honestly, when I opened the tent my heart sank a little. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have to offer. Hoping when I get home from work tomorrow and unzip the tent I have better things to look at

Floridian

Veteran
Nice grow man they don't look real bad to me,I know I've had some strains that do that.That being said that's a lot of amendments you're putting in there,and those plants don't hardly need much N at this point.Any N in all those ferts?One time a week is not enough hydrating IMO in soilgrows.I also flower in 5 gal pots and to get runoff I usually need 1 1/4 gals water for each 5 gal pot.{5 gal. per 4 plants}.They could be canoeing to conserve water if they are too dry.Do you water until runoff?You should especially when watering only once a week.I usually have to water every third or fourth day depending on size/flower development.There just a lot that can cause this but its no real emergency IMO.Are the leaf tips yellowing?Watch the N at this stage.Vapor pressure defecit could also be playing a role although your temps and humidity seem fine,I would check the charts just to be sure.Nice grow

Latest posts

Latest posts