What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The White: Interview with an Elusive Lady

Lucid

Greetings to everyone,

This thread is in tribute to Krome a trusted friend, true gentleman and role model to us all.

I have been running the white for some time now and have been reluctant to post any info or pictures here at ICMAG as to not fuel the white hype. (tho I’m sure this will) Especially with recent breeding projects and people trying to cash in on the strain, that was not the intentions of krome releaseing this cut to the community. Also with all the lurking trolls here that like to come in and trash threads and post invalid claims. There will be none of that in this thread people, lots of time and effort invested here please respect that, be civil and most important have fun.

In light of the recent unfolding and krome speaking his mind regarding the white and breading with the white I would like to restate his message. It’s crystal clear. (krome) Blessed: “if you're going to breed with the white, make it affordable for people. plain and simple.” Anyone thinking that post is fake, think again. Anyone trusted knows the scoop, I stand behind everything said from the horse’s mouth.

So let’s respect his wishes and play fair.

With the rules in place I felt that during his absence he would be happy to have someone trusted keeping everything rolling in regards to The White. I would like to provide the community with a good information base of this wonderful strain. A profiling, over view and idea what this strain brings to the table with regards to breeding. This thread is to act as a point of reference with white information, pictures, and experiences. Let’s stay on topic people.

Lineage and History

First things first, this is not an open debate here are the facts. Some direct quotes from the man himself, between the two of them it pretty much covers everything to do with the genetics, how the name orignanated and where she came from.

Krome: “My favorite plant in the garden. It's got a few names around my way, but the most common is simple "the white." For me, this is the one that I judge all others by. This one has the high, flavor, potency, looks, everything. The only thing is that it yields like crap. I got it as a clone about 8 years ago from a friend and haven't stopped growing her since. From what I've gathered it was from some seeds called "the triangle". Some friends grew it out and weren't too thrilled and gave a cut to a friend. When he grew it it was the bomb! It's been around in clone ever since.”

Krome: “My strain "the white" has no relation to white widow to the best of my knowledge. It's called the white for one reason only. The color of the buds when finished. Looks like they were just rubbed in confectionary sugar or something. The real name of the strain is "Triangle." Got the name from being a 3 way cross. Has nothing to do with location, as I'm far away from Cali and to the best of my knowledge, it was born and raised in my home town. The triangle kush is another local strain that's been around for years. I really don't want to get into its origins as it always seems to start a heated debate.”

Stay Safe,

Lucid

***This Thread is a work in progress, I will be finishing and adding pics in as I go please bare with me.***

Last edited:

Lucid

Clone and Veg

The white is a fairly easy clone in my opinion, in rock wool or a bubble cloner she will pop roots out within 5-7 days. If you are having trouble rooting the white some key things to consider are as follows. Keeping humidity up is a must, also not to make sure cubes are too soaked. During the early stages I find that she is a really prissy girl, needs lots of attention, topped early then again. The branches are thin but somewhat sturdy. Kind of long limbed with good node spacing good structure for sure. All in all she has lots of vigor and can fill a space quickly.

Last edited:

Lucid

Flower

In flower the white moves along nicely but requires some extra care to keep her in line. She likes to stretch at least 100-125% depending on how you feed and maintain her. The white resin appears early on as the buds start to fill in. Her steams are not too strong so staking is required to keep things looking pretty. Her smell in flower is just delightful, a lemon piney hashy gummy bear. A carbon scrubber is definitely needed to be safe with this girl. As Her progress thru flower the name “white” becomes more and more apparent every day. She looks finished at 8 weeks, but finishes nicely in about 65 days all the trics are all cloudy really allowing the white to shine.

This girl here was ran 65 days under a 1000w and loved every second of it.

Top Shelf

Close Ups

Bottom Most

Full Shots

Last edited:

Lucid

Harvest

Trimming the white is an absolute dream. Nice firm lime green nugs dipped in sugar to the max. Intoxicating smell that just puts a huge grin on your face. The yield is better than expected, reasonable for something of this quality. The trim is very frosty and produces some top quality bubble hash.

Aftermath

A Gem to say the least, sparkling like a diamond, smelling heavenly. All things consider the white is a world class strain in deed. When bred with there should be some amazing offspring. A good total package strain that’s very well rounded a special girl in her own way. I wouldn’t say it’s the be all or end all cause no strain is but defiantly in my top 5 favorites for sure (none being #1). She smells really nice in the jar lemon piney hashy candy. To get the full effect out of the white a good long solid cure is necessary. After a month things start to get nice a slight kushy under tone creeps out. A 2+ month cure would be ideal she just keeps getting better with age.

Here are some dry shots of 3month cured white.
This stuff is just dripping in goo!

Last edited:

Elephunk

Dudeeee, where the hell do I get this!?

Amazing pics man. Looks insane. Big props to Krome for creating/releasing this for everyone.

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I heard all the hype about the white but everywhere I saw it mentioned there was a shitload of drama, so I was never too interested. This post cleared up some things, and holy shit does that look amazing. Never thought I'd see pics of something more white than Tom Hill's DC but this looks like it's earned the name. Can't wait for the smoke report! :joint:

This is what a strain report should be. Excellent documentation and photos.

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Excellent thread & information. :yes:

I've heard once that TK was one of the parents of The White, but apparently that is incorrect?

E

ElectroSticky

Lucid said:
Some friends grew it out and weren't too thrilled and gave a cut to a friend. When he grew it it was the bomb! It's been around in clone ever since.”

:laughing: .. Classic .. ajajajaj ... that has always been my believe .. it's not the cut that wins , it's the greenthumb , :rasta:

THX Krome for the GOOD VIBES !!!!!!!!!!!!

thx lucid for the nice thread!

:rasta:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Superb post, plant and photos lucid - awesome. Only plant I've ever grown that looks like that is the 'Kentish Creme' I got from Jamaica, and same issue - insane resin, thumping stone, low(ish) yield. Crossing it out did improve matters a little.

The White looks quite indica in structure - how's the high though? Interesting...:chin:

G

Glad i got the WHITE rooted!!!!!!!!

WHAT A PERFECT PRESENTATION!!!!!
EXCELLENT PICS<GROW<REPORT ALL.......
Yummy yummy an triple yummy i love my pine herbs!!!!!!
THANKS KROME....you let the true DOG OUT a diamond in the ruff.....
MYSELF i dont think it needs to be bread anymore?
Unique all by her self WAAAAAAAAOooooooooo gotta be an idiot not to love WHITE!

My turn folks hehe im READY an DROOLING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good show LUCID..you cant even see green under the crystal huh!
ROCKalific NUGZ of joy....................great selection to preserve!!!
Yaaaaaoooooza,are we NOT shure this strain isnt 30% THC????????
Looks it to me!!!!!!!

Last edited:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
clowntown said:
I've heard once that TK was one of the parents of The White, but apparently that is incorrect?

other way around i believe CT.

my white clones took over 3 weeks to root, but they finally did!!!

G

Got roots in 10 days.......

regular mushroon tub set up,peat pellets
an 5 year old root tone haha still works fine!
SHe rooted faster than alot of others in the tubs....
Peace an happy smokes!

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
I can't wait to flower her out....Lucid, you rock this bro....awesome 3 months cure shots....sick

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
OH MY GOD!
Those are way frosty good lineage and good looking plants.
Ill be looking forward to the smoke report.

Latest posts

Latest posts