What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you do with an ancient find?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found a coffee can stuffed with some of the most beautiful red Colombian weed , probably more than 5 , er, 7, years old. Several bags, one was some blond colored ( yes goldish colored but not in the santa marta type of the late 70s ) this one having that profound taste, very nice if I recall but here they are, all wrapped up years old in a coffee can. Took this little piece out and fired it up, got stoned......but dry.

If there was a cannabis e.r. somewhere, wait, it's here at icmag?

Help resuscitate this weed, is it possible to make it a little less dry? How would you do it, what would you, have you done.

It's a few oz's, totally forgotten about it even being there.....jeesh

Night4wings20

I've heard orange peels or potato skins is good for re-hydration. If you didn't want any flavors added I would suggest a damp paper towel or something else that is smell neutral :) Cotton buds maybe?

Put one of these things into a jar or container with the buds, check it every hour or so until the buds are to your desired feel.

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I remember reading about orange peels, too. Not sure, but I think it was in DJ Short’s book. No personal experience. If it were me, I would try rehydrating within an enclosed space with a humidifier.

Best of luck!

Brother Nature

Nice find. Maybe try making dry sift or something out of it? I'd imagine the trichs are all still good if it still gets you high, hash may be your easiest option. There was a thread on here somewhere that talked about re-hydrating weed, but I can't recall if there was any consensus on a good method.

Gry

Always kind of liked the idea of jarring it up with some just pulled leaves from a plant in veg mode.
Well cured sounds much younger.

redlaser

Veteran
Ideally you would have another plant being harvested, take a branch that’s not dry and add it to the drier stuff.
I’ve used a wet paper towel and orange peels before, all methods work, using wet pot is just preferred.
I put forth a fairly serious effort to make sure it doesn’t get too dry, using a dehuey and humidifier to control moisture levels in the drying space. Also control the storage area same way.

All that considered, if it was me I’d press it all and not worry about future degradation. Toss hash in fridge or freezer and call it a day.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I don't know about that.seems that would cause mold
Let me expound a bit to reassure you. A LIGHT misting means there is only a small bit of moisture applied to dust dry buds. After 24 hours check the buds. If they need more time in the jar or a little more moisture applied that can be done.