What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I did that a while back but I am about to try it again.

I used 1 gram of rosin. After decarb in beaker, I lower temp to about 170F and add 1 gram (about 1/2 tsp) of coconut oil and a little lecithin.

After stirring, I put in caps with a hypo. Never did anything for me. That gram made about 6 caps as I recall and I could take all 6 with no effect.

However, that was before we started adding terps to the oil and it was also before I was using sous vide to maintain the terp profile. So, things are different now and I am going to run those tests all over again with the new variables.

This whole Everclear thing started when I wanted to make beer and drinks with cannabis. Oil doesn't mix for shit with most liquids so I was running some tests with ethanol.

I have a bunch of oil and tincture laying around from the past couple weeks of tests so I need to give that all away and press some more rosin.

Thanks again for the input.

ozzieAI

Veteran
I did that a while back but I am about to try it again.

I used 1 gram of rosin. After decarb in beaker, I lower temp to about 170F and add 1 gram (about 1/2 tsp) of coconut oil and a little lecithin.

After stirring, I put in caps with a hypo. Never did anything for me. That gram made about 6 caps as I recall and I could take all 6 with no effect.

However, that was before we started adding terps to the oil and it was also before I was using sous vide to maintain the terp profile. So, things are different now and I am going to run those tests all over again with the new variables.

This whole Everclear thing started when I wanted to make beer and drinks with cannabis. Oil doesn't mix for shit with most liquids so I was running some tests with ethanol.

I have a bunch of oil and tincture laying around from the past couple weeks of tests so I need to give that all away and press some more rosin.

Thanks again for the input.

fuck me...are you sure you are not a robot or an alien???

1 gram would put everyone else under the table....

i use 1:1 oil:lecithin

my caps contain 0.2 gram of decarbed bud, 1 gets me nicely stoned and 2 puts me firmly on the couch...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I definitely need to increase the lecithin. Most of what I read lately said to use 1:1 like you are using. I was using way less.

I need to try lecithin in ethanol again. Maybe I did something wrong last time.

You just made me think of something when you said 1 gram of rosin would put everyone else under the couch.

Don't other people chain smoke pot like I do? I did do a poll a while back and I found plenty of people who are consuming the same 3 pounds a year that I am. I wonder why they don't have the tolerance issues I do. Or, maybe they do and just don't post about it. Never thought about it until I read your line. Oh well. LOL

Poor Ringodoggie, born without CB(1) receptors. If Jerry Lewis were still alive, I'll bet he would do a telethon for me. LMAO

I am smorgasbording tonight. Some tincture in my beer. Eating some Coco Krispies treats. Tincture candy in my mouth. Bong at my side. Vapes all around me.... OK, I'm ready to get high. LMAO

Something interesting. I bought some butter rum life savers, some Werther's Caramel and some other candies today. I have a butter rum life saver soaking in tincture and it seems to be soaking it up. Might be easier than making my own candy. I love Werther's caramels. LOL

ozzieAI

Veteran
now i do caps i may vape once or twice a week these days so an oz lasts for months....

even when i only vaped i would go through 1lb a year or so...

try upping the amount of lecithin and see how you go...are you using powdered or liquid lecithin? i find the liquid works better...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I was using the powdered because that's all I ever heard of. I got a jar of liquid sunflower lecithin recently and I love it.

I have 6 vapes on my desk. I probably have 50 throughout the house. These 6 are my current regulars. LOL Rosin, 5 strains of flowers. 3 or 4 different flavors of bubble hash, a cup of ethanol rosin, a jar of ethanol flowers, and....... a handful of joints. LMAO All, on my desk in front of me...... fucking smorgasbord.

Oh, and an endless supply of Corona. LOL

If I go out, I take a handful of joints and smoke whenever, But, if I am home at the computer, I am chain bonging/dipping/eating. LOL You don't get through an ounce of weed and all this concentrate in a single week by pussy-footin' around. LMAO

I am going to drink this entire jar of tincture tonight. If I don't get high, at least I'll get drunk from the ethanol. LOL

ozzieAI

Veteran
sounds like a cannabis menagerie you got there RD...and that could be your issue...too much, too often...

i think we discussed previously...but when did you last have a break from the weed?

are you indulging in various strains or just one?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
What? I just took a break back in ...... ah, well, yeah, I guess that was 1968 wasn't it. LMAO

I am basically like a dog chasing his tail. A manic dog.... chasing his tail.

Right now, I have 5 strains of flowers plus hash from who knows where. Rosin, tincture, oil, butter, sugar, candy, the list goes on. LOL

At least this ethanol gets me drunk. Better than nothing. LOL

I have just a few months left here and then I am moving to Cali or Nev. My guess is, once I move to a cannabis legal state, I'll probably stop cannabis, altogether. LOL

ozzieAI

Veteran
What? I just took a break back in ...... ah, well, yeah, I guess that was 1968 wasn't it. LMAO

well that could explain your superhuman tolerance...

woof...

Right now, I have 5 strains of flowers plus hash from who knows where. Rosin, tincture, oil, butter, sugar, candy, the list goes on. LOL

silver linings and all...

I have just a few months left here and then I am moving to Cali or Nev. My guess is, once I move to a cannabis legal state, I'll probably stop cannabis, altogether. LOL

yeah...that sounds wrong...

how about this: take a break for a week and see how you go?

...and just to be sure...you USED to get stoned??

PDX Dopesmoker

Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?
If you make the rosin into pill-sized/shaped pieces and put them in the freezer then you can swallow the frozen rosin with cold water and you don't get hash oil stuck all over the inside of your mouth.

Ya Ringdoggie, I’m sure my rosin was solvent free. Super low flash point, have to be careful getting it hot with a lighter lest it burst into flames and get the paper burning ...... with disastrous results.
I mention that because it tastes awful when I tried to eat it because of volatile.......? Compounds?
Ive got a pretty stiff tolerance myself and have eaten rosin but iso oil is easier to make so i prefer making that. I was thinking of putting it in pills.

ozzieAI

Veteran
Ive got a pretty stiff tolerance myself and have eaten rosin but iso oil is easier to make so i prefer making that. I was thinking of putting it in pills.

i started with ISO oil and went to decarbed cannabis to avoid the possible residue ISO and for a 'fuller' experience...ISO i found to be quite bland after a while...but that was before i used terpenes

redlaser

Veteran

Sounds like to get any effectiveness from cannabis you’re looking at a tolerance break.
Either that, or:

Go full Kavanaugh on the issue.
1)Get the calendar,
2)choose a convenient time, date, and location
3)Write the time, date and location in the calendar for future reference
4)commense with the boofing of said cannabis preparations.

Probably get decent mileage out of either choice, would come down to personal choice in the end.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Actually, I can't take a break. I am in training. As soon as the carnivals replace the Pie Eating Contests with Pot Eating Contests.... I am going to be a national fucking champion. LMAO

And, to use my own euphemism, a dog chasing his tail is never happy when he catches it..... only while he's chasing it. LOL

I am trying to get away from the GI tract and onto the sublingual game. I want faster onset and I like the idea of a 3 or 4 hour buzz vs an 8 hour (assuming I ever get high LMAO)

This is what brought on the big change from oil to ethanol.

I am going to press some fresh rosin and start over again tomorrow. Tonight I want to consume all the crap I have been making. LMAO CoCo Krispies Treats and tincture coffee for breakfast. LOL

My half cup of ethanol extract has evaporated to 1/4 cup. I will let it go until 1/8th cup and see how manageable it is.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Running 10k is the best high I’ve ever had.

Yeah, me too ...... when I had knees. :(

Actually, I'm am (was) a climber rather than a runner. Still, the high is definitely there.

I am headed West to make one last attempt at a climb. I was there a few years back at about 60 and did a decent 700 ft. Had a 6.... well, OK 4-pack abs and could do 1 arm pull-ups. Torn rotator cuff this year put an end to those. LOL Somehow grabbed cubital tunnel in my right elbow this year too. Not sure where that came from (other than plain old wearing out).

Made some totally incredible cannabis caramels last night with all the experimental oil I had laying around. These are the best tasting canna treat I have ever tasted. I generally gag on canna food so this is real odd. Gulping them down. Yummy. I wrapped a bunch to give to friends.

Going to press some rosin and start over later this week. Myrcene is the word for the next bath.

Rosin-oil-lecithin-myrcene for some super duper strong caramels

and

Rosin-ethanol-lecithin(hopeful)-myrcene for tincture for my home made beer.

I have decided on 6 beers with 50mg dose (per beer) and 6 beers with 100mg dose. 100 for me and 50 for friends. I see plenty of retail drinks with these doses so I think I am OK.

Should be a fun week.

I’ve noticed that when I eat a big chunk of concentrate I get higher than I ever can smoking big fat,oil covered, joints and that my eyes get red as fuck.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Back to testing tonight.

Real simple. I took 0.5g of rosin and decarbed it on a 220F - 240F hotplate until the bubbles stop.

Removed it from the heat and added 4ml of ethanol (Everclear), 50ul of Myrcene and 1/4 tsp of lecithin.

Bummer.

It all balled up and gummed up in a glob. ????

So, to see if I could isolate the problem, I took some plain ethanol and mixed it with some plain lecithin. Well, there's my problem. The stuff all blobbed up.

Apparently, lecithin and alcohol don't mix. Odd, since I used the lecithin with the intent of it homogenizing the rosin and ethanol. And, all it did was glob.

Anyone try mixing alcohol and lecithin?

On a good note, I took the glob and 2ml (about 1/2) of the alcohol mix and mixed it with a couple ounces of water and swished it real good in my mouth until I couldn't take the burn any more and swallowed it. That was about 2 hours ago and I definitely feel a little something. Which is amazing because this is only about 1/4 gram of rosin (assuming the glob was void).

Tomorrow, I will try the remaining 2ml of alcohol (1/4g of rosin).

I also made some caps.

0.5g rosin (decarbed)

Hotplate at 170F added
50ul myrcene
1/2 tsp of lecithin
1/2 tsp coconut oil

This made 5+ 00 size caps. So, each one should be about 0.1g of rosin. I will test these first chance I get. They are in the fridge.

Thanks to everyone for your help so far. These last test are pretty basic. They should work at some point. Thanks again.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have been having some pretty good results lately. Thanks again for all the input. It's been very helpful.

By adding lecithin and myrcene I am getting some effect with as little as a half gram of rosin.

I have a question..... why does rosin burn when I put it in my mouth?

Just plain, decarb'd rosin. A dab under my tongue or in my cheek. Burns like hell.

I imagine it's one of the terps but which one?

Thanks

de145

Are you sure you are getting the best decarb possible? You seem to have adjusted and factored everything else *except* your decarb process which is obviously super critical for getting the best effects out of it.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
When I decarb rosin, I usually do it on the hotplate in a beaker. I heat it at about 240F to 250F and it bubbles and bubbles while the CO2 escapes. When the large bubbles stop and there's nothing but a few little bubbles, it's done.

I got this method from Gray Wolf and, logically, it makes sense. Once the CO2 is gone, most of the acid should have been converted.

For flowers and sift, I usually use the oven, (240F for 40 minutes).

I also use Sous Vide for decarbing and infusing.

I made some caramels and I ate 16 of them with no buzz at all. I gave them to some friends and one guy ate 3 and called 911. LMAO Oops. Most people get off on 1.

It's either a tolerance problem or a bioavailability problem. I believe it's my bioavailability. I could always drink a fifth of liquor when everyone else was drunk after a few shots. I always ate 3 or 4 hits of acid while everyone else was flipping out on half doses. Don't even ask me about cocaine. 4 aspirin do nothing for pain or headaches.

And, since I have been increasing the lecithin and myrcene, I have been getting much better results. So, it all points to my own body's bioavailability being poor.

Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Latest posts