What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flowering problem help

nick8

hi guys i got a 2x2 tent with 9 plants (jack herrer) that vegged for 2 weeks . I am using coco, canna nuts and now(beginning of week 4) i changed to 400w hps .I got normal temps(26 C) into my tent but high humidity (80%) . My plants at the beginning of this week have started to shown pistils ( very delayed) and 3 of them seems to be stressed (yellowish colour) and i dont know the reason. Is an explanation ,the fact that I got the seeds from a hermie jack herrer and the fact that i was using the same bottles of fertilizers for 2 years?

Attachments

• 20171012_212615.jpg
    20171012_212615.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171012_212622.jpg
    20171012_212622.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 15
  • 20171012_212629.jpg
    20171012_212629.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171012_212637.jpg
    20171012_212637.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 10

MrBungle

They seem to be a bit over watered, how often are you watering? have you checked the pH of your coco?

nick8

I water them every 3-4 days and maybe it has to be something with water that causes the problem because i got extremely high humidity into my grow room. Next time i will check the ph

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Could depend on the bottle of fertilizer... I recently had a gallon of GH micro endure extreme heat (120F+) for at least a week. Stuff is no bueno and nearly killed my plants.

The hermie seed would be fine, except for the potentially harsh pollen later.

nick8

I am thinking of revegging the 3 stressed plants instead of throwing them away and later i can put them in flowering again. What do you think?

MrBungle

They don't look too far a long in flower, So I don't see why not...

They may show further shock for a little while longer, before they begin to recover in veg..
Don't go too crazy with nutes during this time....

And a good way to prevent over watering is to check the weight of the pot after the plant has been watered..

When the pot feels significantly lighter(your plants will tell you also) you will know its time to water again...

3-4 days is a pretty normal frequency...but some plants like more, and some like less... and of course room conditions play a part as well....

Some times if its taking too long to dry.. I look to add more air flow around the base of the plants too...

Coco should be watered multiple times per day. Letting it dry out is bad. If it isn't drying out after 3-4 days the pot is too big and or the plants roots aren't developed enough. More airflow or a dehumidifier might help.

Last edited:
I water my coco twice a day , I think you are letting the coco get too dry and the salts are getting concentrated on top and causing some sort of lockout , what are your ppms ??? Go easy , with coco 400 ppms at .5 scale is plenty for that small plant , OVERWATERING only happens when the plant is too small and the roots are not stablished, your plants should be able to take daily watering, Flush your pots with 400 ppms with lots of runoff and enough to "wash " the top of the coco , then tilt the pot to get as much water out , the plant should make a comeback in a few days if you keep flooding and drying the coco daily and you won't have to have as much runoff after you see the plant bouncing back , I'm only starting with coco but it's very easy to work with , good luck FSG.