What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie Crocketts Cutt

ThaDocta

Veteran

Seems HT deleted the original article. Here's a screenshot from something they probably forgot to delete.

Cannavore

Veteran
Pulled straight from a High Times article where Crockett is HT's host at his farm. He clearly states that Tangie is made from 200 "Orange Velvet" seeds he got from the PNW. AKA, Jilly Bean from Subcool.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/sensi-sierras-0

He says he crossed it with "Candy Jack"... Considering I don't remember any pure Orange Velvet (remember this is the Melvin clone renamed) seeds sold in mass, and Agent Orange is (Orange Velvet x JTR) I would wager a guess that Tangie is just some AO F2's... WOOOORRRDDD UP!!!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43120&pictureid=1637363&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Seems HT deleted the original article. Here's a screenshot from something they probably forgot to delete.

lol boom

Doc always coming through with the gems :thank you:

anyone out there with info on the actual crockett cut though? (i'm assuming it's the cut he gave to DNA for them to fem? or his personal cut????)

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
lol boom

Doc always coming through with the gems :thank you:

anyone out there with info on the actual crockett cut though? (i'm assuming it's the cut he gave to DNA for them to fem? or his personal cut????)

I just got this cut about 6 months ago. I haven't flowered her. It's sitting with some similar clones to me. Rare gems I'm excited to check out but I don't forsee it as a production strain but I'm not above doing a few square meters if it's nice enough.

I'm excited to see it bloom

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
No worries at all!!!!
I was just curious and somewhat amazed to see anyone with crocketts own cut specifically.
I cant imagine in any scenario crockett sharing anything with anyone.... thus my surprise....lol

I'll post up picsim going to flower the cut this summer.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
anybody remember the Tangerine x Purple Cream that was in norcal 10+ years ago? my friend's dad was growing tons of it in Lake county, i'm sure others were as well. what was the origin of that strain?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Cobb mtn,... I know that cuts still in one guys hands... Seen some banana tangle purple cream packs last week...

Yodaweed

I'm smoking on some tangie x banana x romulan that was given away as a limited edition promotion, tastes like berries soaked in lemonade.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I'm smoking some Crockett's Tangie. Broke a lower bud off a couple days ago, and few days before the chop.

Very tasty, sweet orange taste. It's fairly smooth in this uncured state, but will be creamy smooth after it's cured.

Got two phenos going- a tall, great yielding one, and this one which is a short, low-to-medium yielding female, but a little better smoke.

meizzwang

how's the quality of the effects and potency of tangie? I'm guessing flavor-wise it's consistently outstanding, but interested to see if the other important factors are also consistent.

kaochiu

Veteran
Smell-9 / Taste-5 / High-3
A green 10 weeks was the best out of a single pack of 12seeds. Another was a colourful 11 weeks pheno with a slightly better high but less smell and a light and different taste. The taste doesn't match up t the smell, and the high is weakish sativa leaning, or, as some seed vendors put it, "good for daytime". I like it though, the orange reigns there, but without it wouldn't be any special strain.

OldCoolSativa

I germed 4 Tangie seeds and got 4 girls. One of them has the potential to be pretty special, I think. After only 22 days of 12/12 she's already sticky with resin and has a pungent, sweet smell of fresh tangerine peels. She's outshining her sisters by a good margin and she's even stickier and smellier that the Strawberry Cough girls who've been flowering for 10 days longer. I topped her at the 3rd node after which I realized that there was only one growth bud there, and not two. I almost culled her and am glad I didn't.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tangie4 at F22.jpg
    Tangie4 at F22.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 23

OldCoolSativa

Unfortunately, that image lost a lot of quality between the camera and the above photo. I do think it's exceptionally well frosted and pungent 22 days into 12/12.

kaochiu

Veteran
Was that tangie reg or fem? I still keep a cut because of the outstanding smell, like you i nearly culled it and like you i'm glad i didn't. Have bx it twice with the original pollen. Only tried a couple of seeds of each bx, but both had nice results, orange reeking, good size frosty buds, 10 weeks, nice high. Running another few, got a trifoliate and all

Attachments

• DSCN1214.jpg
    DSCN1214.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 15

OldCoolSativa

I popped 4 Tangie regular seeds, not fem. I got 4/4 girls. Who needs fem seeds?! The other girls look nice but are behind this one on resin production and smell.

OldCoolSativa

Here's a picture of my favorite Crockett's Tangie flower after only 28 days of 12/12. She reeks of fresh tangerine peels, and is greasy with resin. I can't wait to smoke this weed. Should make for some excellent concentrate.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170821_234638986_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170821_234638986_HDR.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 18

kaochiu

Veteran
Seems that you've got the more indica leaning green pheno. The other distinct pheno, less smelly but giving amazing colours, golden, purple and red, with a sativa leaning high. That tangerine will prolly turn to sweet orange towards the end, and yes, extractions are spectacular, at least the dry shift. Better kept away from children as it does smells like a aromatized sweet.

Attachments

• DSCN1133.jpg
    DSCN1133.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1132.jpg
    DSCN1132.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN1128.jpg
    DSCN1128.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 16

OldCoolSativa

In my seventh week of 12/12 through 4 Crockett's Tangie plants and the pheno hunt is getting interesting. T#4 was the early leader but has now been surpassed in resin production by T#1; her odor is not as strong and fresh tangeriney as #4 but has a bit of lemony funk to it. T#2 looks to be an also ran while T#3 is still throwing bright white pistils and looks to be an 11-12 weeker, so she's still in the race. I'm very happy with this strain as at least two out of four plants look to be quite nice so far.

Here's T#1 at F43 with highly resinous edges on the sugar leaves.

album.php