What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice-tube cloner from WallyWorld

BudZad7

Cloning Easy ! 101

Cloning Easy ! 101

Hi All !
Grodan grow cubes 1.5 x 1.5
I PH the water to 6.0 than fill a large bowl and place the cubes into this water
for a day,then drain and add Maxicrop liquid seaweed premixed in water that
is PH 6.0 and let soak 1/2 day or less, then after your 18 hr light cycle has
been on about 4 hours take cuttings then, they are in their growing phase &
root quicker in the cubes, and place under flouro lights for a 24 hr light cycle
I read an article about flouro light tubes made by Ott-Lite they had these @
Home Depot for $10 ea ....Dudes....these are the "BEST" flouro tubes I've
ever used....period! The babys were under GE grow tubes for 2+ months,then
switched to Ott-Lite tubes, and they are reaching for the light all the time,
they did not do this under the GE tubes all the time, just certain times of the day......So- just buy a $9 dollar 2 tube flouro lite @ Home Depot & 2 of these
Ott-Lite grow tubes a cheap $30 investment and these are very brite for new babys, I can't spend hundreds of dollars for flouro lites from over priced middle
men taking advantage of growers, just because they think all growers make a
ton of money growing cannabis for medicine, or whatever.....????
Geezzzz when was the last time you smoked bud grown under flouro lites, I
swear it looks better, smells better, even tastes better...and have bud from
just HPS and is good also, BUT the flouro is less yield, but better budzzzz !!!!

This is just from observation for a 6 month period.....here's some pics of the
Famed LA's own OG Kush nuggets under flouros for 8 wks....;>)

Peace!

Dan42nepa

I have been thinking of several variations of this same theme. I even considered floating pots suspended in a water bubble bucket with rockwool cubes just above the water line... I am sending my g/f to walmart now to see if they have this...

2 questions...

1. is that a perlite/vermiculite mixture or just vermiculite?

2. do you use a hood to trap in humidity?

I will be taking clones later this week and since its my first time I am looking for a successful/foolproof method. I may just take an extra clone and put it in rockwool and kept moist and hooded anyway..

Thanks for your contribution

G

Time2Unite... If I were going to do an airstone I would have try a couple modifications.

First I would change the reservoir so it has much more water in it... and the cloner raised accordingly.... you want the air bubbles hitting the bottom caps

Second I would use many holes in the bottom caps.... making a mini netpot out of the bottom caps this would allow the air into the chambers and would be able to perculate thru the medium.....

Dan42nepa... this is just vermiculite... it has worked well for me and Ive not tried anything else... I do have some fine grade perlite that I could try just to do an experiment.... but I would not use the normal coarse grade stuff that you use in potting mixes...

or pick out the larger pieces... use bottom of the bag type stuff....

I dont use a hood at all they are perfectly happy without the hood....

moist methods like bubblers dont need a humidity dome this doesnt either....

one disclaimer... the size of the clones may likely have some influence on

using a humidity hood.... the plant has to be able to support the vegetation and plant transpiration thru the stem... the more vegetation the more difficult that may become Best thing to do is to try it without a dome... then if they wilt use one...

mine dont wilt.... but I do smallish clones....

The advantage to this system is the maintenance free aspect....

no misting .. no domes.... just keep the reservoir with water between the blue bottom cap and an inch higher....

I normally add water one time while the cloner is working... that would depend entirely on the reservoir size and shape...

Last edited:

Dan42nepa

i sent my g/f to walmart and she returned with the ice cube tray. I constructed it as per your instructions drilling 3 1/32 holes in the caps. I filled one slot with fine vermiculite and filled to just above the blue caps.. It doesnt seem to be wicking up? at least to the top part of the soil.. Not sure how far it has wicked up?

G

If you are unsure about the wicking and you have only done one tube....

Dump that shit out and examine it.....

You may have to make the holes slightly larger...

but its way easier to make em larger than smaller again....

Dan42nepa

sorry... whatever time it is now, check my post timestamp. I was watching football but basically th vermiculite is now moist. I did check an our later In my case it took over an our to wick but maybe it should be presoaked?
Anyway its a great idea and i applaud your post. I still need some sort of hood because my cats would never leave my clones in peace.

G

Personally I alwys let nature take its course....

I like to see the thing is wicking naturally...

I also started a cloner using perlite....

The clones(LUI) have been in there for a few hours and look just fine....
The size of the material in the foreground..

Ive not tried perlite I may find I like it better.......

I will have a better idea in about 8 days.....

Cats can be pretty funny...

By the way the are cuttings till they get roots....

then they are clones... lol...

Last edited:

Dan42nepa

"clones" you know fuck you with your fucking superior attitude I now decided to go with basically the same exact thing which is rockwell cubes sitting in a small hooded container with a base water supply. Tricks or technicques aside its the same basic principle so go fuck off.. you didnt re invent the wheel.

I2KanGrow

Hey Dan42 - You need to lighten-up, dude. I'm personally glad that budleydoright took the time to show an easy way to clone - not everyone is an expert such as yourself, ya know!

...Not everyone has local access to rockwool... but I'm sure you know that, also!!

Hell, you know everything, so why bother lurking the forums?

Thanks budley - I really appreciate your post also!!!

Last edited:
G

Wow I think Dan was with him till the clone or cutting remark.
I agree... if your gonna get snooty...fuk ya!
This is far from a world class cloner or cuttins maker... how about that!

Any way you want to do it I will put my cloning method up against yours anyday!
All materials you can purchase @ walmart $ 15 and do 60 cuttins!

Let me know somethin, Willie!

green_grow

Veteran
wow guys ... all he was doing was clearing up the terminology a bit . time to light up and lighten up .

G

Sometimes you can be alittle picky. just because you put a LOL behind, doesnt mean someones not going to take offence.
Besides this is weed we re talkin about...no need to get technical!

G

I don t know why you would want to get envolved? Time2Unite
Thats not uniting!

Guest423

Veteran
being involved is uniting.....why would u want to come in to a guys thread that is helping people make clones and diss his methods and tell him you'll put your cloner up against his anyday?

Last edited:
G

He went the technical rout! So technically his thread is wrong from its inseption!
I am not dissing him, just correcting him...technically!

You come up with the test and the start time. And lets do the damn thing!
Whats the wager.
I win you cancel your membership....LOL, J/k!
Whatever...I ll buy you the cloner of your choice. And you dont have to put up nothin!

mungus

sound like a pair of kids...my bastards better than your bastard...fvck off the both of ya and get back on original topic fvckheads :moon: :moon: