What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

J

James-Bong

TW in the vape is the way to go.....seems like the high lasts longer.......

G

razer said:
I'm on the east coast and I'm smoking tw as I'm typing this and I'm not that imprest it doesn't liv up to ALL THE HIPE sorry but that's just my opinion

you probably got something else then, or the grower harvested WAY early. even the people i know who don't really like it couldn't say anything bad about it. 'tis some good shit! :joint:

for those who dont have a connection for trainwreck, if you can find swan song's humboldt berry, you will be very pleased. i was given some and the purple pheno and green pheno and both had very-trainwreck influenced highs. smoke reports to come!

Last edited:
J

James-Bong

Time2Unite said:
nice oscar...i had 2 of them and 1 was albino...they used to jump out of the tank and eat food from my hand...then land back in the water.

Ya i got 2 of em, both the same colors..... in a 100 gallon tank :wave:

G

High&Lonesome... Great report and heads up on Zep's gear.

I have grown TW (real deal Arcata cut) both indoors and outdoors and it is everything that it is hyped up to be. razer certainly is not smoking the same herb we are.

Mais~

70s_PotHead

I was sent a TW bud 8 or 9 months ago that came from a cali med club, it looked and smelled good but was lacking in the buzz dept. The I grew Zepplindoods Robert Plant which I believe is a TW S1, it was a bitchen plant to grow but looked, tasted and high nothing like the Arcata TW I just grew. The Arcata TW clone I grew was the real deal and meets all the hype, lemon menthol taste and pinesol smell, mind bending sativa high,rock hard golf ball type buds with a very high calyx to leaf ratio.

This is the Robert Plant from seed,

The Arcata clone from my last grow, if you can ge the clone then dont pass it up..

70s :joint:

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
2v93j1g.gif

looks wonderful....like a nize buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wave:

razer

Maistre said:
razer certainly is not smoking the same herb we are.

Mais~

I highly doubt that, everyone that I gave some to try where blasted and all the shit smells like pinesol. That's why I said in my opinion it did not liv up to the hipe. Maybe I had higher expectations or there could be something wrong...wif me. as I'm starting to notice some strains I'm immune to

:pointlaug

Last edited:

MMZRetro85

the TW that i get slams me man, smoke a bone of that an hour b4 bed, and i'm sleeping b4 i'm even done with it, its kinda like taking an ambien

G

Naw there's better

Naw there's better

Once long ago in a time now forgotton,
being very very close to the person that created this strain,
To them it was failure,
and for what they were shooting for Master must agree,
Master has grown alot of diff versions of strains like this one
a Skunk #1 BX with a diff twist to it,
this is however to some --- the best of them,
but Master feels there is better,
not hyping or trying to, belive Master,
But Reeferman "LOve Potion #1" is Xlnt and more of a pure ,
clean cross than TW
and if is grown right more heavy in end weight.
and has that special thing to it.
it must however be grown out not quickly ,
LP#1 takes some time and thats kewl because unlike TW that will show the Indica side
Love Potion keeps the G-13 side down,
but lets the speed of flowering go on
unlike the S.M. Columbian side of it forever to flower right indoors
& get a fine Sativa with a punch to it.
its kewl we wished we had this back then and think of were TW and Skunk would be today in the breeding circle.
Reeferman has hit on something here w/ LP#1
Master think's of it as a Modern day version of
"Old School Homegrown Red Hair"
type of a higher order straight out of 1976
from Northern Cal areas then.
there are really some finer versions of Skunk #1 BX
than this TW today.

Not trying to start a war,
just talking about strains here,
And Master thinks this one for a sativa hybred (L.P.#1)
is cleaner than these type of Skunk # bx w/ A diff Sativa mix
in like this TW strain.

peace,
Master Thai ;-)

Reeferman's LOve Potion # 1 Fat, Juicy, Smells like a lemon grove ;-)
Clear xlnt high ! very long lasting, good against bugs,
unlike the TW it attracts bugs mostly mites

JDOG6000

Veteran
I don't think I ever smoked real trainwreck. Just the bunk shit from the clubs.
But that shit wasn't all that great.
Nice report High n Lone.

GanjaJedi

dd

dd

razer said:
I'm on the east coast and I'm smoking tw as I'm typing this and I'm not that imprest it doesn't liv up to ALL THE HIPE sorry but that's just my opinion

No shit by the time someone takes it from the west coast to the east coast its probably been kiefed twice, rebagged, mishandles, dryed out, and no longer fresh. Dont judge the strain, judge the grower.

wick650

Trainwreck used to be one of my favorites... but now I really kinda hate it

Partially this is my fault, I stopped smoking for a month or so to lower my tolerance and to take a break... well the first strain I smoked was some TW. I took a huge bongload, the high was so strong that I got the spins and actually puked! Now the trainwreck smell & taste grosses me out... seriously, thinking of the scent makes me feel kinda ill.

Trainwreck's most notable quality IMO is its smell, extremely pungent (def. in top 10 in my list of stinky strains)... as said, the scent DISGUSTS me. But even though its very aromatic, this does'nt seem to translate to the taste... TW kinda has a kinda bitter taste and is'nt too flavorful.

It's fairly potent (it made me puke from one bonghit), but like many strains, it seems to be quite easy to gain a tolerance to it.

It grows like a bitch, I won't grow it again. It loves the outdoors though, and performed much better outside than indoors. The whole entire plant from top to bottom, and the leaves were totally covered in trichomes.... it was weird a lot of plants make some nice resin on the leaves but my outdoor TW leaves were COMPLETELY covered in chrystal, every portion of the leaf. From a few feet away it looked kinda shitty actually, just looked grey and sickly looking... but when you got closer you realized that the greyness was actually trichomes and not the natural plant color.

Too bad trainwreck lacks in taste, it could be one of the best elites if it was'nt for the mediocre taste.

Last edited:
T

THCV

well wick, true about the taste when smoked, sorta general sativa flavor, not so special. but in the vape, the flavor is so over the top, it is easily on par with OG and Bubba. And in a way, a crazier flavor. In the vape, it tastes like the smell, and if you grow it right indoors, you can make the smell so frikkin strong that it ends up tasting like something a fortune 500 company designed in a lab. But, er, in a good way. :wink:

Every time i think i have a tolerance to TW, i smoke a J, make it half through and realize, i do not have a tolerance to it!