What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Interesting, different effects.

RenaissanceBrah

That's great news because I have one of them going at the moment :)
Along with kali china, thai chi, orient express, tikal and nepal jam.

How much of a comedown compared to other strains?

Let me know how those turn out, I'm also running ace gear: congo reg, nepal annapurna reg, and thai chi. Also their Banghi Haze freebie, which is the most vigorous

^^ I got a Jalisco strain from Eskobar and it was a nice friendly type of high, balanced. The Island Sweet Skunk I grew was not the same. It was all sativa and up up and away. Lots of different strains in each state of Mexico.

Hi men!

Hey Yesum, I have a doubt, you speak about "E$kobar" but I couldn't find its current catalog, I just found some hybrids from them, no pure landraces, could you tell me in wich website I can find their catalog?, please.

All the people in this thread could tell me about another seedbanks or organizations that have the real pure mexican landraces, also maybe pure south american, central american landraces as real Brazilian landraces or Bolivian, or the truest Panama, or truest american sativas landraces please. If you can also, in wich banks I can to find real sativas landraces to arround the world, some really cambodian, indian, vietnamisse, african, hawaiian lines or something else, please!.

I'm searching firstly pure mexican lines to me, I want to make a collection of mexican landraces, though I'm interested in all sativas and they will add to my collection , I'm searching for destroyer sativa landraces, really devasting, or very happy, or very trippy, or lisergic, or giggle strains. It don't care if the potency is medium, maybe low, I want to know, but I want to know it to make a reaserching for each strain, then I will get the most interesting.

Please, your knowledge and advices could be generous, cheers banda !

RenaissanceBrah

Hi men!

Hey Yesum, I have a doubt, you speak about "E$kobar" but I couldn't find its current catalog, I just found some hybrids from them, no pure landraces, could you tell me in wich website I can find their catalog?, please.

All the people in this thread could tell me about another seedbanks or organizations that have the real pure mexican landraces, also maybe pure south american, central american landraces as real Brazilian landraces or Bolivian, or the truest Panama, or truest american sativas landraces please. If you can also, in wich banks I can to find real sativas landraces to arround the world, some really cambodian, indian, vietnamisse, african, hawaiian lines or something else, please!.

I'm searching firstly pure mexican lines to me, I want to make a collection of mexican landraces, though I'm interested in all sativas and they will add to my collection , I'm searching for destroyer sativa landraces, really devasting, or very happy, or very trippy, or lisergic, or giggle strains. It don't care if the potency is medium, maybe low, I want to know, but I want to know it to make a reaserching for each strain, then I will get the most interesting.

Please, your knowledge and advices could be generous, cheers banda !

The best sources I found so far are Snowhigh, Swami has some landraces, the real seed co, the landrace team... it all depends on the strain too.

Snowhigh seems to have the most Mexican landraces.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snow is the man now for Mexican. Swami has some but he is not listing pure Guerrero and Michoacan right now, you can contact him and see if he has any not listed.

Eskobar is not doing anything now he is retired as far as I know unless he decides to come back. He was over at S-a-n-n-ies. There is some censoring of seedbanks not supporting this website.

The best sources I found so far are Snowhigh, Swami has some landraces, the real seed co, the landrace team... it all depends on the strain too.

Snowhigh seems to have the most Mexican landraces.

Hi Renaissance, thanks for your time and info, I've seen the Swami's site yesterday, its work is very interesting but it isn't what I search, RSC have a generous list of varieties, TLT have almost the same catalog, they have some interesting things too, but really this orgs. have only african or asian sativas, TLT have some american landraces but only some "Punto rojo", "Mangobiche" and some rare and unknown for me "Colombian black". I'm just trying to know about other american lines, maybe extinct I know but if there is a possibility of find them yet, I wish get 'em in anyway, maybe Snowhigh is the source to get some mexican lines...

Hi Yesum, how you're doing!
I will ask to Snow for him catalog, him work seems to me really interesting; have you experience with Snow gear?.
It's a shame E$kobar not doing anything currently, their Jalisco sounds interesting, could you tell me your experience with Jalisco? please, how were the flavor & smell, how was the appearance, how was the high?. Have you any pics from that herb?.

It's a madness how there is a lot of landraces from other continents but when we want to speak of american sativa landraces there isn't much info anywhere, maybe the narcotraffic has been the problem, they kill the curious people, a lot of natives too. They just have hybridized all of the original lines. I wonder if the US or Canadian smokers save their seeds yet, I mean the seeds from brickweed exported to their countries by carteles, maybe there are a lot of landrace varieties from all america, but that is a problem too, I don't know if the people want to share their seeds, some of they don't share their seeds though they never think to germinate them, they prefer to throw them, maybe there is the key, we just need solidarity, fellowship and honesty to recover those lines.

Grettings friends, peace !

RenaissanceBrah

That's great news because I have one of them going at the moment :)
Along with kali china, thai chi, orient express, tikal and nepal jam.

How much of a comedown compared to other strains?

Just curious Magoluci, how did those strains turn out? Was wondering about the Congo and Thai Chi. The ones I was sprouting died, but they seem real promising, I might try to grow them again.

Lebanizer

Hello Magoluchi

I know your feeling Hombre ! I'm the same as you. The anwser to your quest is simple : Lebanese genetic !

RSC has a fantastic Lebanese strain. ACE also has a good one. I suggest you try both and figure out your favorite. Beldia from ACE is also interesting, it's a Moroccan landrace, it should thrive in Spain. Other Near Eastern strains such Syrian and Sinai from RSC are also good. All of these strains are historically related.

You may also want to consider Himalayan strains from RSC (Nanda devi, Kumaoni, Johaar, Rasol etc). They all give an up and enthusiastic high with a positive vibe. Nothing crazy or racy. ACE also has a mild Nepalese strain from Annapurna and there is also the Nepal Highland that several spanish breeders have offered. Tropical Seed Company still has it.

All of these strains are balanced and positive. None of them are incapaciting or paranoia inducing or couchlock.

G

Just curious Magoluci, how did those strains turn out? Was wondering about the Congo and Thai Chi. The ones I was sprouting died, but they seem real promising, I might try to grow them again.

Hi, most of them have been curing for a month and I am trying them out.

The grow ended on a bitter note, I had to move to a new house and couldn't pay them all the attention they needed on weeks 4-5 of flower so I missed some serious hermie problems on a Congo and. Kali China. The Congo kept throwing nanners every few days and the KC was straight up hermie from half way down.

As a result I got around 200-300 seeds between all the plants that were pollinated. The yield which was quite modest to begin with got seriously compromised.

As for quality, some are better than others. The smells and taste overall are very unique and interesting, especially KC and Thai chi.

As for the effects I did find some intetesting ones, Congo is extremely clean and with low body effects as advertised, very coffee-like and not overly nervous. Tikal is happy silly weed, if you smoke more it gets quite trippy. Nepal Jam is my favourite, very positive and happy, floaty kind of high.

KC, Thai chi and orient express are more stupefying than anything,trippy but in a "stare at the wall"kind of way. I find them boring and not at all what I was looking for. Still 1 month of cure + 15 days drying so it's early to tell.

Nepal Jam is my favourite by far at the moment, looking to get a pack of regulars from Cannabiogen.

G

Hello Magoluchi

I know your feeling Hombre ! I'm the same as you. The anwser to your quest is simple : Lebanese genetic !

RSC has a fantastic Lebanese strain. ACE also has a good one. I suggest you try both and figure out your favorite. Beldia from ACE is also interesting, it's a Moroccan landrace, it should thrive in Spain. Other Near Eastern strains such Syrian and Sinai from RSC are also good. All of these strains are historically related.

You may also want to consider Himalayan strains from RSC (Nanda devi, Kumaoni, Johaar, Rasol etc). They all give an up and enthusiastic high with a positive vibe. Nothing crazy or racy. ACE also has a mild Nepalese strain from Annapurna and there is also the Nepal Highland that several spanish breeders have offered. Tropical Seed Company still has it.

All of these strains are balanced and positive. None of them are incapaciting or paranoia inducing or couchlock.

Thanks for the post, I definitely have Lebanese and also Ethiopian strains on my list. And the Nepal Jam I grew has a great positive high justas you said. RSC seems the way to go for me at the moment. I am probably done with ACE though, I will never again pay 10-15 eur for a feminised seed, much less with that kind of hermie risk.

Cuddles

I´m currently looking into Dutch Power Flower for daytime smoke. Here´s part of the description from the sellers website:

There is of course a good reason Dutch Power Flower is so popular. With its promising name this plant does of course have a lot to live up to. It has a soft and deliciously bitter-sweet flavour. Lemony, but also spicy. It has an intense effect and gets me very high. When I'm tired, smoking Dutch Power Flower gives me a lot of energy. I often smoke Dutch Power Flower with friends, because it makes you very active and cheerful. Therefore don’t smoke it before going to sleep, as it’ll likely keep you awake. It also makes you talk quite a bit, so pleasant conversations are guaranteed. In the medical field, Dutch Power Flower helps treat stress, pain and anxiety.

RenaissanceBrah

Hi, most of them have been curing for a month and I am trying them out.

The grow ended on a bitter note, I had to move to a new house and couldn't pay them all the attention they needed on weeks 4-5 of flower so I missed some serious hermie problems on a Congo and. Kali China. The Congo kept throwing nanners every few days and the KC was straight up hermie from half way down.

As a result I got around 200-300 seeds between all the plants that were pollinated. The yield which was quite modest to begin with got seriously compromised.

As for quality, some are better than others. The smells and taste overall are very unique and interesting, especially KC and Thai chi.

As for the effects I did find some intetesting ones, Congo is extremely clean and with low body effects as advertised, very coffee-like and not overly nervous. Tikal is happy silly weed, if you smoke more it gets quite trippy. Nepal Jam is my favourite, very positive and happy, floaty kind of high.

KC, Thai chi and orient express are more stupefying than anything,trippy but in a "stare at the wall"kind of way. I find them boring and not at all what I was looking for. Still 1 month of cure + 15 days drying so it's early to tell.

Nepal Jam is my favourite by far at the moment, looking to get a pack of regulars from Cannabiogen.

Thanks Magoluci for the feedback. I've been eyeing Nepal Jam for a while, does look like a good choice, glad to hear it turned out well.

What issues did you miss in your opinion, that made them become hermies / have nanners?

Thanks for the feedback on the Thai Chi. I thought that one was going to be really good, sucks to hear how it turned out. The "stare at the wall" high is a waste of time imo... better to just drink some alcohol. I had one growing with my friend, but I couldn't attend to it for a while and it died, along with a Banghi Haze. Did you chop it really late (ie amber trichomes)? I thought the effect was supposed to be positive / uplifting.

G

Thanks Magoluci for the feedback. I've been eyeing Nepal Jam for a while, does look like a good choice, glad to hear it turned out well.

What issues did you miss in your opinion, that made them become hermies / have nanners?

Thanks for the feedback on the Thai Chi. I thought that one was going to be really good, sucks to hear how it turned out. The "stare at the wall" high is a waste of time imo... better to just drink some alcohol. I had one growing with my friend, but I couldn't attend to it for a while and it died, along with a Banghi Haze. Did you chop it really late (ie amber trichomes)? I thought the effect was supposed to be positive / uplifting.

No, I took the Thai Chi down early, around 10 weeks, because it was so full of seeds that I didn't even want to waste any more energy on it. It was the plant that was most affected. I don't find it especially positive, it does hit hard in a trippy way, makes me forget what I was doing and realising I am just staring in the distance. It is enjoyable, I guess, just not what I was looking for. 15 eur for a seed should give you a plant that rolls joints for you though.

As far as possible issues on my part that could have caused this, being 100% honest I have to say none at all, other than genetics. I was ridiculously careful with the feeding, using only organic nutes, no PK or chemicals of any kind. If you saw how I light-seal my room you would laugh at me because of how over the top it is. When I complained to dubi he admitted that nepal jam can also throw bananas. I just was lucky on that one I guess. As I said, one of the KC had like 30% full on male flowers (not bananas) from the waist down.

If I had caught them in time they would have gone into the trash but like I said, moved to a new house which required a lot of work and focused on keeping the plants happy without having the time for thorough check ups.

Tranquilidade

No, I took the Thai Chi down early, around 10 weeks, because it was so full of seeds that I didn't even want to waste any more energy on it. It was the plant that was most affected. I don't find it especially positive, it does hit hard in a trippy way, makes me forget what I was doing and realising I am just staring in the distance. It is enjoyable, I guess, just not what I was looking for. 15 eur for a seed should give you a plant that rolls joints for you though.

As far as possible issues on my part that could have caused this, being 100% honest I have to say none at all, other than genetics. I was ridiculously careful with the feeding, using only organic nutes, no PK or chemicals of any kind. If you saw how I light-seal my room you would laugh at me because of how over the top it is. When I complained to dubi he admitted that nepal jam can also throw bananas. I just was lucky on that one I guess. As I said, one of the KC had like 30% full on male flowers (not bananas) from the waist down.

If I had caught them in time they would have gone into the trash but like I said, moved to a new house which required a lot of work and focused on keeping the plants happy without having the time for thorough check ups.

So you took your plants early, some of them hermed and you complain about high? You haven't tried these plants at full potential and sharing how bad they are. How about stopping with nutes for any landrace you grow? Some landraces are sensitive for anything except water, even in small doses. I would never grow a landrace with nutes, even if they are organic.

But I like the thread though :)

G

So you took your plants early, some of them hermed and you complain about high? You haven't tried these plants at full potential and sharing how bad they are. How about stopping with nutes for any landrace you grow? Some landraces are sensitive for anything except water, even in small doses. I would never grow a landrace with nutes, even if they are organic.

But I like the thread though :)

Hi. I was asked by another user how my particular plants grew and just answered with my thoughts. I specified that I grew one or two of each. I never said it would be representative of the whole strain. I also said I liked some of them, not fully representative of the strain either. Just answering a question about one particular grow.

These plants are not landraces in any way, not anymore than any dutch or american hybrid. THey have all been thoroughly worked and supposedly adapted to indoor growing. The indica influence is very noticeable in all of them, not that theres anything wrong with it, but they are as far from a landrace as a pug is from a wolf.

I used Biobizz soil and nutes which is what Ace seeds recommends for growing these strains.

If you like the thread maybe you can contribute with some interesting effects you liked in plants you grew?

grayeyes

The nice thing about sativas (remember that was the subject of this string) is that they don't need nutrients. In fact, when you use them you cripple the plants production.

If you want a truly spectacular sativa I would recommend RSC's Malawi Gold. I have some at 16 wks that had a few colas knocked off and I cured them. Can't wait for the 18 or 20 wks version. Oh, if you grow and cure it don't try to drive. You may find the car but probably not the real dotted line on the road.

tecqltwenk

Somehow missed this off. Here you go.
NPK-Values-organic fert strk2.png

G

Let's try to up this thread with some good news because even though I was partly unhappy with my ace grow, I ended up liking Tikal so much that I bought a pack of standards which I am growing outdoors at the moment.

Of the ace strains I grew, which were all sold as having a pure sativa effect, Tikal was the only one where I thought this description was accurate. So far it is the cleanest, most positive and fun high I have found in any strain I grew (keep in mind still sativa noob). No comedown at all, makes you wonder at times if you are actually high until you realise the stupid things you are doing,... in small doses it's just uplifting and brightens your day, the more you smoke it can get a little trippy, which is fine but definitely more of a strain to smoke in the mornings/afternoons.

Still, I only grew 1 fem, for what it's worth, but looking forward to trying the regulars. Growing the whole pack at the moment. So far so good.

Latest posts

Latest posts