What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UTZ Baked Cheese ball containers

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Just so happens I have a Malawi (F) that is 5 weeks old and was ready for x-plant and 12/12. These are wonderful plants.
I thought about it and asked Rock 'n Roll Girl if she would clean the container for me which she did, very well.
Then I took a brand new vinyl saucer (6") and placed it inside the UTZ Baked Cheeseball container. I surrounded the saucer with H2O, keeping the inside of the saucer dry.
At this point I filled a 4" pot with Pro-Mix, you can use anything without fertilizer in it. Soaked the Pro-Mix thoroughly, poked a pencil hole in to the Pro-Mix to accept the cutting.
It was a rather large cutting, about 4-5" with large fan leaves. I inserted the cutting immediately in to Rootone and then inserted it in to the 4" pot inside the UTZ Cheeseball container.
Then I put the lid on the container and placed it in my nursery cabinet. 2nd day there was a slight wilt. The cabinet runs at 79-80 degrees F. The lights stay on 24/7. I saw a wonderful humidity , albeit slight, build up on the walls of the UTZ Baked Cheeseball container. Yes!!!
Day 3 and I just checked her. The slight wilt is gone. Everything is looking a go go.
I am not fucking with her for 3-4 weeks. They are slow to root.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
7 days and the two large fan leaves are beginning to yellow. The cutting is standing straight. Everything is functioning nicely.

hyposomniac

My friend and I obliterated a tub/bucket of them recently, joking that the orange balls provided us much-needed vitamins. If you want to get crazy, dip them into soft, but not liquid, butter.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
My friend and I obliterated a tub/bucket of them recently, joking that the orange balls provided us much-needed vitamins. If you want to get crazy, dip them into soft, but not liquid, butter.

Oh boy!!! Sounds extremely decadent. Thanks for the tip!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Okay, so I have the Mother plant on a table with one of the new deformable LED lights that puts out 12,000 lumens. It is amazing but she is cranking. The light is 7 feet above her.
Took two cuttings put them in snapple bottles filled to the top with plain water. Placed them in another UTZ Cheese Ball container with about 1.5 inches of water in the UTZ container for high humidity. Snapped on the lid and we are off and running.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Cutting is two weeks old today.
Large fan leaves are all yellow (2).
A hint of yellow on the next set of fan leaves tips.
Stem is straight as an arrow.
Foliage aside from the fan leaves are all deep green.
No fungus or any unwanted things happening.
UTZ Baked Cheeseball containers get a big thumbs up. Set and forget.

The second one with the two cuttings placed in snapple bottles with H2O are doing excellent so far. Everything is green.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I replaced the blue snap on lids of the UTZ Baked Cheeseball Container with an 8x8 clear glass top. More light to get at them and I can see them.
Removed the two yellow leaves easily. I do believe she may have roots after only two weeks. Will check next week.
She is looking good.
If it works out, this will be the only way I clone.
I have the feeling I can produce way more than what I need for my perpetual grow. Stay stoned.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
16 days in the UTZ Baked Cheeseball Container. I just pulled her out with very healthy white roots trying to exit the bottom of the 4 inch pot. No hassel success! This was a big cutting, she is looking real good.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Okay, so I have the Mother plant on a table with one of the new deformable LED lights that puts out 12,000 lumens. It is amazing but she is cranking. The light is 7 feet above her.
Took two cuttings put them in snapple bottles filled to the top with plain water. Placed them in another UTZ Cheese Ball container with about 1.5 inches of water in the UTZ container for high humidity. Snapped on the lid and we are off and running.

Roots!!! The babies in the snapple bottles are throwing roots. I give UTZ Baked Cheeseball Containers a big thumbs up!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
UTZ Baked Cheeseball containers are it. I cut a Zamaldelica 3 days ago and have it in a 4 inch pot in the container, she is looking good.
The Malawi that I cloned is screaming. Transplanted her to a 16 inch self watering pot. She doubled in size in 3 days. What root system!!! Fantastic!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Took a large yellowed fan leaf off last night. It was done just fell in to my fingers. This clone appears to be rooted already but I am waiting a couple more days to pull her out and check for roots. This is so nice. You can simply walk away for a couple of weeks and come back to a rooted clone. Nice.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
12 days ago I took a large Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia and gave it the UTZ treatment.
It is starting to straighten up today.
For a small grower this is the Ultimate Utz!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Standing tall.
As is a Jack Herrer clone I took 2 days after the Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia.
Wow!!! I love this!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia is at day 16 and growing upward. I will probably remove her in a day or two. I want to make sure she has plenty of roots.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Good job gladys, I'ma try that, it's just too simple not to and at Walmart those UTZ cheeseballs are frequently on sale!:good:

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Good job gladys, I'ma try that, it's just too simple not to and at Walmart those UTZ cheeseballs are frequently on sale!:good:

Yes. That is exactly right.
You will need a 8" by 8" piece of glass to cover the top with.
Other than that, set and forget it.

Latest posts

Latest posts