What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Annapurna

paisajedehierba

Pictures from yesterday, 2021-10-09
... she fills in :biggrin:. The structure is nevertheless very airy ... not mold friendly. The resin smell fits the catalogue discription ... strawberry and watermelon:dance013:.

Attachments

• P1230232.JPG
    P1230232.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 275
  • P1230231.JPG
    P1230231.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 241
  • P1230228.JPG
    P1230228.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 250
  • P1230218.JPG
    P1230218.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 257
  • P1230214.JPG
    P1230214.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 270
  • P1230217.JPG
    P1230217.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 297
  • P1230225.JPG
    P1230225.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 293

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad the buds, resins and aromas are finally showing up paisajedehierba ;) thanks for the update, love the sight, i have predilection for Nepalese (and Mexican) sativas since they are the first landrace sativa genetics i ever grew and harvest.

paisajedehierba

Pictures from yesterday evening (2021-10-14)
... thanks for your lovely comment and the memories... the Annapurna is for sure a beauty. Not that big yielding, but not demanding, virgorous in a harsh climate and with charming smells (some spicyness arises between strawberry and watermelon). I stayed with her half an hour enjoying the sunset.

Attachments

• P1230774.JPG
    P1230774.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 302
  • P1230772.JPG
    P1230772.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 312
  • P1230777.JPG
    P1230777.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 298
  • P1230776.JPG
    P1230776.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 303

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot paisajedehierba :) I'm enjoying with every and each of your updates like a kid in a candy store :)

Spiciness blended with strawberry and melon sounds delicious. I fall in love with cannabis after grown and experience a strawberry incensey pure Nepalese from Kathmandu (included in Nepal Mist) ....i experienced Haze next year and i thought Haze had Nepalese genetics because of the incensey scents.

The resins in your first pic are also very promising! :yes:

T_bone

dubi you were right on the gender. It did turn out to be a girl. I expected a male with the size of the plant but was pleasantly suprised.

6 week update:

- Not much sunshine recently. Mostly cloudy with some rain mixed in. Day temps around 14 degrees and night temps at 8 degrees.
- Both girls are slowwwwly building bud mass. Flowers look like reveg-y (Maybe a landrace trait?).
- The scents on both plants seem to be uniform like that of watermelon bubble gum.
- Have added a hand full of organic nutes for flowering which didnt result in any burn or increased growth. Basically negligible
- Both plants havent grown in height but laterally a bit. Branches are a bit more ridgid.

Overall, as Dubi mentioned it might be a hurdle to get to the 14 week finishline (December here) in time. My climate is warm-summer mediterranean so there will be plenty of wet weather and some cold coming soon.

Fingers crossed

Attachments

• photo2080492.jpg
    photo2080492.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 236
  • photo2080493.jpg
    photo2080493.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 227
  • photo2080494.jpg
    photo2080494.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 218
  • photo2080495.jpg
    photo2080495.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 213
  • photo2080496.jpg
    photo2080496.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 232
  • photo2080497.jpg
    photo2080497.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 230

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi T_bone, glad she was finally a female :yes: Wild Nepalese sativa landraces like this one have a natural, tall and lanky structure so even the females will have such type of structures.

It's a very cold resistant strain although to produce decently needs to reach big sizes and receive enough direct sun. Looks indeed like she will finish in December at your latitude based on her current development. Thanks for keep us updated.

zaprjaques

So, is everybody still curing their harvests or what?:D
Any smoke reports you want to share, whats the verdict? :)

OZZ_

Veteran
Very interesting lines here! Just ordered these and the R&D cross with Nepal mist as well as some other lines through Mandala to US. Is there any cannabinoid analysis done on this line yet??

paisajedehierba

So, is everybody still curing their harvests or what?:D
Any smoke reports you want to share, whats the verdict? :)

Nepal Annapurna weed harvested 3 month ago
Haptic: buds not hard but knuckling sound from little stalks when broken, very sticky resin grinding it with fingers.
Smell: very pleasant … mountain aromatic herbs (fits the catlog description) with sweet and fruity and hints. The intense strawberry, melon and sweet smells of the ripe not harvested plant have faded mainly.
Smoke: smooth and pleasant, taste worth lingering a while around the palate. Only toking the unlit cigarette is very tasty.
personal Tolerance: During last week a few days in row without toking, yesterday evening half cigarette Kali China.
Effects: Only a minute after the first toke outside (in the evening, uniluminated terrasse) Nepal Annapurna says friendly hello. Increasing intensity until a point of slight confusion. Reaching a plateau after 20 or 30 minutes. Sliding down this slightly inclined head plane very pleasant. Alone enjoying slow movement sets like flying crane gong, in Society being in talk. In kitchen doing what´s necessary, slowy and accurately. Physical stimulance lasts 1-2 hours. Lying in bed the passage from awake to sleep is not short. Thoughts, shapes, colours, sentiments slowly floating one into the other in not overwhelming manner. Next morning some friendly foggines easily cleared by a cup of coffee.

Attachments

• P1260711.JPG
    P1260711.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 287
  • P1260710.JPG
    P1260710.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 296
  • P1260707.JPG
    P1260707.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 293
  • P1260708.JPG
    P1260708.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 284
  • P1260705.JPG
    P1260705.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 281
  • P1260706.JPG
    P1260706.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I think you are one of the first persons to share a smoke report on Nepal Annapurna paisajedehierba :) Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I find Nepalese genetics to work particularly well for me, Nepalese sativa effects and terps provide a balance and gentle experience that are especially desirable for my brain and body.

OZZ_ unfortunately there are not yet cannabinoid and terpene analyses available for Nepal Annapurna and Nepal Mist, hopefully this will change in a not so distant future.

H e d g e

Good to see there were no cbd dominant phenos found in the p1, I’m also excited about the possibility of cannflavins with this one so will be saving seeds for some experimental anti inflammatory micro greens as well as hoping for some smoke.

There’s a phylos genotype report for a ‘highland Nepali’ found in Annapurna 2016 by ILE that might be similar to this one. Almost all landrace with a small amount of similarity to berry and cbd.

A bit late in the year getting organised but 5 out of 5 are up and one is already showing great resistance to adversity having survived being knocked over twice and repotted upside down.

Latitude 53 but sheltered by trees so might be lucky.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Several R+D Nepal Mist x Annapurna being tested in the mountains at 41N in early October. Some more advanced than others. The one in the last pic is the slower. Many already smell to that delicious strawberry bubblegum aroma we love and miss so much from our beloved late 90s pure Nepalese Kathmandu (included in Nepal Mist) :)

Attachments

• Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant slow flowering pheno early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant slow flowering pheno early October.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor colas early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor colas early October.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 272
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plants early October2.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plants early October2.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant early October2.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant early October2.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant early October.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant reaching mid flowering early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plant reaching mid flowering early October.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor cola early October2.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor cola early October2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor bud early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor bud early October.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor cola early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor cola early October.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 324
  • Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plants early October.jpg
    Nepal Mist x Annapurna outdoor plants early October.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 313

paisajedehierba

After a while without smoking Nepal Annapurna I did it yesterday. The fruity smells have gone. The smell of "Mountain aromatic herbs" is still there. Now as before the smoke is a joy. I have only grown one large plant outdoors, a strawberry melon smelling one (buds and even stem rub of plant in veg stage). I can´t compare with other phenos. For me this one is more still more on moderate/strong side, yet very friendly, inspiring and not overwhelming. I will grow Nepal Annapurna again, selecting towards the fruity smell. An autoflowering line could be a goal.

Attachments

• Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 1.JPG
    Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 1.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 175
  • Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 2.JPG
    Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 2.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 167
  • Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 3.JPG
    Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
  • Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 4.JPG
    Nepal Annapurna 1,5 years old 4.JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 164

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @paisajedehierba after reading your post i'm revisiting my last Annapurna buds from last season me and friends have been enjoying so much .... after half year of curing the fruity side is mostly gone remaining the mountain spices side as you comment, yet the high is still super bright, inspiring and energetic ☀️ An autoflowering strain based on Nepal Annapurna would be indeed a great idea!

paisajedehierba

Hola Dubi,
I'm glad that my post has inspired you to smoke some Annapurna:).

I currently have three "automatic options" to cross with Nepal Annapurna: 1. Auto Zam x GT 3 (F3 auto), 2. KC x (Auto x Zam x GT 3) (F3 auto) and 3. (Auto Zam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75% (at the moment still F2 semi auto/auto). I don't think any of them are optimal. But the line with Zamal A 75% is (among other, more psychedelic properties) pretty clean and energetic, which is a bit similar to Nepal Annapurna. The Zamal A 75% line would also add the largest proportion of sativa genes.

I don't like the fact that another multiple polyhybrid is created this way. In order to make Nepal Annapurna's properties shine in an auto line, one would have to backcross towarts Nepal Annapurna again, and again implement the automatic genes. A project over several years. The idea still needs to mature further.

Latest posts

Latest posts