What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD # 1 Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you also harvested the second CBD #1 @burningfire :) Great resin production ! Kindly let us know after drying and curing process your opinion about the qualities of the finished product of both females. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience !

revegeta666

Hi dubi & co. I have a question about the CBD1. A few years ago I bought Cannatonic fem seeds directly from Jaime, and one of the plants was quite potent, not what I was expecting of a CBD strain. It had a lovely fruity taste and smell, between tangerines and peach I guess. It was also the worst looking plant of the lot, a little weak and very leafy but I really regret not having kept a clone. Now one of the CBD1 I have in flower smells exactly like I remember from that Cannatonic plant. Do you think there is a possibility it will come out with a potent high like I got with in Cannatonic pack? Or is the CBD1 hybrid very stable in its effects? THanks.

goingrey

Hi dubi & co. I have a question about the CBD1. A few years ago I bought Cannatonic fem seeds directly from Jaime, and one of the plants was quite potent, not what I was expecting of a CBD strain. It had a lovely fruity taste and smell, between tangerines and peach I guess. It was also the worst looking plant of the lot, a little weak and very leafy but I really regret not having kept a clone. Now one of the CBD1 I have in flower smells exactly like I remember from that Cannatonic plant. Do you think there is a possibility it will come out with a potent high like I got with in Cannatonic pack? Or is the CBD1 hybrid very stable in its effects? THanks.
I'm afraid you won't find what you're looking for.. CBD #1 has been stabilized for the low-THC chemotype. Just see the official description...

After 3 years of hard work and with lab assistance at each breeding step, we finally offer CBD #1, the first ACE Seeds strain where all plants produce a stable chemotype with high CBD content (between 15-18%), very low THC content (between 0.55-0.7%) and a cannabinoid ratio with more than 20 times CBD than THC, the result of breeding a Cannatonic S1 of very high CBD content with the Afghan ErdPurt, also rich in CBD.

CBD #1 produces dense and super sticky buds of medium size and very good bag appeal, extremely rich in oils, resins and terpenes. The amount of resin is truly extraordinary, with the sugar leaves becoming completely covered with trichomes, almost as much as the flowers themselves, making this variety an excellent choice to produce hashish and other high quality extractions with high CBD content.

The terpene profile of this strain is incredibly intense, complex and refined, a perfectly balanced blend of the very strong and dominant sweet ripe tangerine and tropical fruit terpenes of Cannatonic, with elaborated sweet, floral, gummy, earthy, piney and musky details of the ErdPurt Afghani, and a super pleasant and long-lasting hashish aftertaste. Undoubtedly, one of our most fragrant strains with some of the highest terpene levels.

It produces a very mild effect, with hardly any psychoactivity (due to its high CBD/very low THC content) and high medicinal value that relieves both physical pain and mental discomfort (stress, anxiety, paranoia). Especially suitable for those people who seek medicinal effects but have low tolerance to THC, yet still want to enjoy the best terpenes and resins of the highest quality cannabis.

Dubi also talks about breeding CBD #1 in his Potcast episodes..

revegeta666

I'm afraid you won't find what you're looking for.. CBD #1 has been stabilized for the low-THC chemotype. Just see the official description...

After 3 years of hard work and with lab assistance at each breeding step, we finally offer CBD #1, the first ACE Seeds strain where all plants produce a stable chemotype with high CBD content (between 15-18%), very low THC content (between 0.55-0.7%) and a cannabinoid ratio with more than 20 times CBD than THC, the result of breeding a Cannatonic S1 of very high CBD content with the Afghan ErdPurt, also rich in CBD.

CBD #1 produces dense and super sticky buds of medium size and very good bag appeal, extremely rich in oils, resins and terpenes. The amount of resin is truly extraordinary, with the sugar leaves becoming completely covered with trichomes, almost as much as the flowers themselves, making this variety an excellent choice to produce hashish and other high quality extractions with high CBD content.

The terpene profile of this strain is incredibly intense, complex and refined, a perfectly balanced blend of the very strong and dominant sweet ripe tangerine and tropical fruit terpenes of Cannatonic, with elaborated sweet, floral, gummy, earthy, piney and musky details of the ErdPurt Afghani, and a super pleasant and long-lasting hashish aftertaste. Undoubtedly, one of our most fragrant strains with some of the highest terpene levels.

It produces a very mild effect, with hardly any psychoactivity (due to its high CBD/very low THC content) and high medicinal value that relieves both physical pain and mental discomfort (stress, anxiety, paranoia). Especially suitable for those people who seek medicinal effects but have low tolerance to THC, yet still want to enjoy the best terpenes and resins of the highest quality cannabis.

Dubi also talks about breeding CBD #1 in his Potcast episodes..
Thanks man, maybe I should have read the description before asking haha. Not that I was looking for a plant like that, just reminded me of the one I had. This is the CBD1 plant I mentioned by the way.
IMG_20221227_193448.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @revegeta666 as @goingrey correctly pointed out you wont find any THC rich plant in CBD #1. CBD #1 it's fully stabilized for the described high CBD-low THC chemotype, unlike Cannatonic which as you experienced is completely unstable for chemotypes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I know some of you have been waiting for this ..... fresh CBD #1 terpene results ;)

Rich, complex and consistent terpene profile. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high beta myrcene content, high amounts of alpha and beta pinene, followed by moderate quantities of limonene and traces of linalool. Sesquiterpenes: high beta caryophyllene content, followed by moderate-high content of alpha bisabolol, moderate in humulene and guaiol in small amounts.

Attachments

• CBD #1 E terpene analysis.jpg
    CBD #1 E terpene analysis.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 113
  • CBD #1 2 terpene analysis.jpg
    CBD #1 2 terpene analysis.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 113

burningfire

Veteran
Just a quick write-up about my experience with the two phenos I grew last summer.

There's a zesty tangerine base in both of them.. Pheno A, which was more "sativa" looking wasn't as pungent as the "Afghani" B pheno.

In Pheno A There was a nice citrus smell and cedar, the smoke has a definite citrus quality to it, maybe lime.
Pheno B is extremely pungent, the tiny clone that I'm trying to nurse back to health ( I had to move it upstairs, there's some new growth but it still looks like crap ) smells pungent event in it's weakened state. I thought my own cross was pungent with it's funk but this is a lot more earthy and sour. It's not skunky, just extremely earthy and sour. I really like these bright and sour smells over something darker. It tickles the sinuses.

Effect wise, It's hard to gauge how much CBD there is but both plants put a ceiling on high THC plants. Pheno B due to it's intense terpene concentration added a bit more relaxation while pheno A was just clearer. The market for cannabis testing is still limited in Canada, I tested my own cross a few years back and I can't justify spending another $150, I'll think about it next year if I grow the same plants.

I wanted to make an infusion from each plant independently but due to crowding the plants and hurting the yields I decided to mix both together. I made an oil infusion of 1 cup to 1 oz ( 2/3 Pheno B, 1/3 Pheno A ) and I'm really enjoying the effect, I've been sick for a few weeks so I haven't been smoking the high THC stuff but I'm enjoying the CBD sprays I made. It's relaxing but not sleepy, It's happy, pacifying without the self conscious brain freezing effect you get from THC. I enjoy CBD edibles a lot more than THC edibles.

I think next year I might get a rosin press, I think Pheno B will shine in this application. I always chuckle when I read websites that mention that CBD plants don't produce good rosin, like people assume CBD comes from industrial hemp . That being said, I don't know if budget units are worth investing in, It's hard to justify spending too much on something like that. I managed to decarb without denaturing the herb too much, there's a slightly toasted taste, I think going through the process with resin will probably yield an even more pleasing result. The big issue was with the massive loss due to filtering the infusion. I might try to build a little drum spinner to attach to a drill, I'll have to compare the cost of both methods and see which is more practical.

I made a little hash with the trimmings and mixed it with my NCH #3 resin, but due to my selection process for a smokable herbal plant the resin is extremely dry and never wants to agglomerate but with the CBD #1 resin it just sticks together nicely.

Overall I'm super impressed with CBD #1

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for your feedback @burningfire glad you are enjoying with the resins, terps and effects coming from your 2 CBD #1 plants ;) CBD #1 is really a good choice of CBD genetics to produce rosin due to quantity and quality of its resins, cannot be compared with the CBD hemp derived strains of poor resins and terpenes.

Hope you are fully recovered and starting a great 2023! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Although the pics look a bit blurry, that's a good looking CBD #1 expression @revegeta666 ;)
Great looking, very resinous bud! And with the loud type of fruity terpenes that the best ones show.
If you like her terpenes, effects and therapeutic qualities consider to keep clones in the mother room for future use. :yes:

revegeta666

Although the pics look a bit blurry, that's a good looking CBD #1 expression @revegeta666 ;)
Great looking, very resinous bud! And with the loud type of fruity terpenes that the best ones show.
If you like her terpenes, effects and therapeutic qualities consider to keep clones in the mother room for future use. :yes:
That's the plan thank you. I don't know what's up with my phone lately, the camera seems to have trouble focusing. It fell so many times to the ground maybe that's why 🤷‍♂️

revegeta666

Do you like the qualities of the finished product of your CBD #1 @revegeta666 ?

Well I didn't grow the plants for myself but for my mom as I told you. I don't like vaping or smoking CBD but I am sure I will enjoy the topical products I will make with them eventually.

I kept 2 plants and I ended up sending them to Energy Control. Not a real laboratory but should be enough for me to make sure there's minimal amounts of THC.

IMG_20230326_110511.jpg

IMG_20230326_110452.jpg

Both tested under 1% THC as you said they would so thanks for that.

#2 tastes like clementines exactly how I remember the Cannatonic plants i grew in 2018 although those were very potent.

#1 has a similar taste mixed with very afghan undertones of onion and body odor lol. So this one came out half way between the Cannatonic and Erdpurt I guess.

Both very tasty.

Légaliser

#1 - 2 mois et 2 jours de floraison

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_201434.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201434.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20230304_201439.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201439.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20230304_201456.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201456.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230304_201610.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201610.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230304_201630.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201630.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230304_201637.jpg
    IMG_20230304_201637.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230304_203015.jpg
    IMG_20230304_203015.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20230304_203018.jpg
    IMG_20230304_203018.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20230304_203025.jpg
    IMG_20230304_203025.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20230304_203033.jpg
    IMG_20230304_203033.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
your feedback is much appreciated @revegeta666 :giggle: thanks! Although your are not much into CBD glad the finished product is of your taste and that tested less than 1 % of THC so it can be used by your mum for medical use :huggy: your description of the terpene profiles is also very on point, thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts