What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Beldia Kif

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
AUTHENTIC PURE MOROCCAN, WORLD-FAMOUS FOR PRODUCING THE RENOWNED MOROCCAN HASHISH

Traditional hash plant from the Rif area near to Ketama and Chefchaouen, famous for producing kif (the traditional blend of cannabis flowers with tobacco) and the famous Moroccan blond hash.

This pure Moroccan strain is one of the fastest psychoactive sativa landraces on the planet, due to its semi autoflowering traits and its very short flowering time. Traditionally, this strain is sown at the beginning of spring, starting to bloom in June, and being harvested as early as August, when it begins to be processed and beaten by hand to produce the traditional Moroccan hashish, which varies in quality depending on the size of the sieve and the amount of time the flowers are beaten.

Moroccan plants are small/medium sized. They start with fairly wide leaves, but when they reach their sexual maturity and flowering they develop as a pure sativa with foxtail floral structures, quickly accumulating to form good sized buds. There are 2 main phenotypes according to their structure. The most common phenotype grows very columnar and tall, with the second phenotype being smaller, shorter and more branched.

This variety is grown at a very high plant density in its native land, with very little fertilizer and water, which means it has developed excellent resistance against heat and drought, performing perfectly with little care and low levels of nutrients, which makes it an ideal strain for outdoor guerrilla growing in hot and dry climates.

Morocco is the largest hashish producer in the world, with its renowned hashish being the most exported, especially to Europe. Unfortunately, since the beginning of the 21st century, a massive introduction of foreign indoor genetics from Europe and North America has taken place in Morocco, in order to increase the hashish production and potency.

While this has been achieved on certain farms where these foreign genetics are cultivated with more care, the genetic contamination has also meant that Moroccan hashish has gradually lost its characteristic psychoactivity and distinctive 'golden' and mellow terpenes, which made Moroccan hashish a world reference in the cannabis scene of the 20th century.

Certain Moroccan growers have now realized that these new foreign genetics require much more care, water and fertilizers, are harvested much later than traditional Moroccan strains, and do not have the same resistance against heat and outdoor pests. The old Moroccan strains are still the most suitable for growing in large remote plots with poor irrigation resources that cannot be tended with as much care.

For this reason, a group of old school Moroccan growers have offered us ancient heirloom Moroccan seeds for their reproduction and preservation, before the unstoppable genetic contamination completely wipes out the old Moroccan strains in their original state.

As a result of this preservation work, ACE Seeds offers you this mythical hash plant in its purest original form.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD AND FEMINIZED FORMAT
P2 LANDRACE STRAIN
100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 7-8 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: AUGUST
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: VERY HIGH
LATITUDE: 0-50 º
THC: 2.5-5 %
CBD: 0-2 %
CBG: 0-0.16 %
Terpene profile: It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of alpha pinene and beta myrcene, followed by beta pinene in smaller quantities. Sesquiterpenes: mainly beta-caryophyllene (2/3 parts) and smaller amounts of alpha-humulene (1/3).
GENETICS: 2nd generation Moroccan pure sativa.
STRUCTURE: It begins with wider leaves in its first stages of life, later developing as a small/medium sized pure sativa with thin leaves.
BOUQUET: Woody, earthy, spicy and herbal, with 'golden' and honeyed touches, reminiscent of classic Moroccan blond hash.
HIGH: Light potency. Cerebral and physically sensual start, which increases and distorts perceptions. Its development increases introspection and inner life, finishing with a pleasant relaxation and sedation, causing the classic “wasted” face and red eyes produced by good Moroccan hashish.

GROWING TIPS

Especially recommended for outdoor growing in hot and dry climates due to its excellent adaptability to heat and drought in its place of origin. Outdoors and due to its semi-autoflowering tendencies, it is recommended to start them in large pots to maximize their growth before the flowering stage, and to increase the ratio of females.

Landrace strain that has not yet been fully adapted to the stable photoperiods and artificial lamps of indoor growing, and although it can be easily grown indoors, it is recommended not to water or feed her excessively.
To keep parental plants indoors in the mother room, we recommend the use of long photoperiods (20/4 or higher), and the use of large pots that do not restrict their root space, since otherwise it may start to flower in the mother room due to its semi-autoflowering tendencies.
Excellent breeding tool to produce outdoor semi-autoflowering hybrids, with fast flowering and high resistance against heat and drought.

We recommend soft/moderate levels of nutrients for the whole cycle.

Attachments

• Beldia cola finishing4.jpg
    Beldia cola finishing4.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Beldia cola finishing3.jpg
    Beldia cola finishing3.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Beldia cola finishing6.jpg
    Beldia cola finishing6.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Beldia cola finishing5.jpg
    Beldia cola finishing5.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 363
  • Beldia cola finishing7.jpg
    Beldia cola finishing7.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Beldia plant finishing11.jpg
    Beldia plant finishing11.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 465
  • Beldia plant finishing7.jpg
    Beldia plant finishing7.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 303
  • bedlia cola finishing11.jpg
    bedlia cola finishing11.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 297
  • bedlia cola finishing10.jpg
    bedlia cola finishing10.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 292
  • bedlia cola finishing12.jpg
    bedlia cola finishing12.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 322

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
more outdoor pics

Attachments

• Beldia group finishing2.jpg
    Beldia group finishing2.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 293
  • Beldia group finishing.jpg
    Beldia group finishing.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 288
  • beldia group finishing9.jpg
    beldia group finishing9.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Beldia plant finishing10.jpg
    Beldia plant finishing10.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 297
  • Beldia plant finishing.jpg
    Beldia plant finishing.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Beldia group finishing5.jpg
    Beldia group finishing5.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Beldia group finishing6.jpg
    Beldia group finishing6.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 281

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Indoor test and reproduction

Attachments

• Beldia group finishing indoors.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 328
  • Beldia group finishing indoors5.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors5.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Beldia group finishing indoors4.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors4.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Beldia group finishing indoors3.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Beldia group finishing indoors2.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Beldia group finishing indoors8.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors8.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Beldia group finishing indoors7.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors7.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Beldia group finishing indoors6.jpg
    Beldia group finishing indoors6.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 295

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Moroccan Beldia Kif cannabinoid and terpene analyses

Attachments

• Morocco Beldia #3 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    Morocco Beldia #3 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Morocco Beldia #2 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    Morocco Beldia #2 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Morocco Beldia 5 terpene analysis.jpg
    Morocco Beldia 5 terpene analysis.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Morocco Beldia 3 terpene analysis.jpg
    Morocco Beldia 3 terpene analysis.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Morocco Beldia #5 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    Morocco Beldia #5 análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 346

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
For those interested on the breeding details. The feminized version of this Moroccan Beldia release has been bred by reversing a parental plant of the compact and branchy pheno, to pollinate a parental plant of the most frequent columnar and taller pheno, so the fem release has narrower genetic diversity. On the other hand, the regular release of the strain is much more open pollinated, using several females and males, in both cases always selecting for the most remarkable plants without hermie tendencies.

This Beldia strain is what we call Morocco I. There's a second Beldia line (Morocco II) we have just recently started to evaluate, which is very similar to line I in growing and flowering traits, but seems to have better resin production and stronger terpenes, yet finishing a few days later than line I. We have produced Morocco F1 regular seeds between both lines (Morocco II x Morocco I) which will be listed in our R+D section in the upcoming days once it is updated.

Nice to hear that, I’ve became interested in the genuine moroccan landrace lately. I dont know if you personally have been in the area, but despite the low potency of the strain,this landrace has a very high value by itself being a pure landrace, taking into account the proximity to Europe and the amount of Critical and other dutch pollen that is floating each seasson in the fields of Chauen and Issaguen.

Is there a high certainty about the genetic purity?

Nice you got them, greetings.

Thanks for providing the extra additional details for this and the other new strains in the official threads. Much appreciated!

musigny23

Very cool to see this work being done and the original strain being preserved and made available.

I have a personal experience related to this. I hope it's ok to tell it here.

I visited a family farm outside Ketama in July 1985. I was traveling on my own in Morocco for a few weeks and at that time, it was a bit scary. The 80s were the decade of the War On Drugs. I was fine on the farm but traveling in the area was nerve-racking. First there were the the thieves looking for outsiders. They would have a spotter up the road and when he saw a nonlocal coming, he would signal his pals up the road who would then move a truck across the road to block it. I was lucky, they were slow to move the truck and I was able to speed past as the truck was only halfway across by the time I got to it. I remember well the yelling and waving to stop as I zoomed through. Luckily, I had been warned about that exact thing. As I got closer to Ketama I realized I was passing field after field on both sides of the road. It was a surreal experience.

When I arrived in Ketama, I was swarmed by by guys all wanting my attention. I made my way to the one cafe on the street. Ketama was really small, just a short main street and not much else. There the owner could see I was on my own and basically a tourist. He was very kind and helpful. It was clear he wanted to be sure could trust him and he introduced me to the guy whose farm I went to visit.

After leaving the farm with some freshly pressed hash to have for my trip, I passed a stopped bus. Everybody was standing out on the side of the side of the road, suitcases and bags open and police going through them. A full on bus search. Since they were already busy I cruised on by. It never occurred to me to get seeds. I wasn't growing at the time and certainly there was no possibility to grow hundreds of plants to make hash in California at that time. !985 was a peak year for helicopter raids up and down the state. Indoor was not a thing yet. Still I wish I got some anyway.

I remember the deal they offered me was $200 per kilo delivered in Spain. Very tempting as it was worth at least $2000 a pound in the US but I was too young and inexperienced to really try doing that. But it was definitely an adventure I'll never forget.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your interest Psy_explorer :)

We are quite sure about the purity of this released pure Moroccan line, it's very easy to distinguish the pure moroccans vs the modern hybrids being introduced lately there.

This pure Moroccan has the classic semi autoflowering trait that makes Moroccan strains to be one of the fastest landrace strains on the planet, being harvested as early as late July or August in their native place, while the hybrids take much longer, being harvested in September/October. The cannabinoid content of the Moroccan, and presence of CBD and balanced chemotypes (typical in hashplant landrace populations) are also a sign of its purity. The lower cannabinoid content compared with more refined modern hybrids it's also a sign that the strain is almost feral, thousands of Moroccan plants are open pollinated every season without doing much selection, other than finishing very early and being resistant to the drought conditions of the Rif in summer.

Finally, we have not found any modern terpene profile (skunky, kushy, etc ....), flowering structure or other trait in this pure Moroccan that could let us believe it was contaminated with foreign genetics. In fact, the seeds of this line were given to us by Moroccan farmers with the goal to preserve their old Beldia strain, as some of these farmers (especially the older ones) have started to realize that the old Moroccan strains are very endangered. The young Moroccan farmers are much more interested in farming modern hybrids like Critical, Kush, Amnesias, etc ...

The Moroccan analyzed at Phylos was the Beldia II line (which is very similar to released line I) and its genetic profile doesn't suggest it is related or contaminated with modern genetics.

We have released the pure Moroccan just a few weeks ago, so no one have had the time to grow and finish seeds from our release yet, we will start to see grow reports from other growers in the upcoming months.

Hope it helps with your doubts.

Nice to hear that, I’ve became interested in the genuine moroccan landrace lately. I dont know if you personally have been in the area, but despite the low potency of the strain,this landrace has a very high value by itself being a pure landrace, taking into account the proximity to Europe and the amount of Critical and other dutch pollen that is floating each seasson in the fields of Chauen and Issaguen.

Is there a high certainty about the genetic purity?

Nice you got them, greetings.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23 :)

Thank you very much for sharing your travelling experience in Morocco in the 80s, sounds like a really exciting experience :biggrin: especially if you were travelling alone. You are right, it's shocking to arrive to the Rif and see the endless cannabis plantations, it's obvious that the Moroccan government has not done much to stop the overwhelming hash industry in the Rif, this is due to the locals in the Rif fought for the independence of the country and the Moroccan monarchy allowed farmers to bloom their hash industry in return. It's a well known non written agreement between them.

It can be a bit dangerous for a foreigner to travel there outside the main track as locals see foreigners as a 'dollar with legs' and some try to get all what they can from you or try to sell you a ton of hash to bring back home which is a crazy and dangerous idea.

I'm from Spain (the closer european country to Morocco) and i grew up as a teenager in the 90s smoking tons of hash, all kind of sorts and qualities, so i have plenty of first hand experience with the Moroccan hash culture, indeed at that time the spanish cannabis culture was all about Moroccan hash and very few people here grew flowers. The Moroccan hash had in the 90s a distinctive golden honeyed terpene profile and a trademark relaxing effect which later we understood was produced by a mix of many different plants with both THC and CBD, and also CBN (Moroccan farmers usually let their harvest dry under the sun, process which produces CBN). The Moroccan hash also had at that time a distinctive golden color. Later, with the start of this century, a new type of hash called Pakistani came from Morocco, it had a much darker color and slightly spicy incensey terpenes, we liked it because it was high quality and different to what we were used to, but that was the start of genetic contamination of Moroccan landraces. In the last decade has been a huge influx of modern indoor genetics into Moroccan genepool, Moroccan farmers are indeed getting more profit of their harvests now as the modern genetics produce much more quantity of resins and higher cannabinoid content, but gradually Moroccan hash has lost its old distinctive terpenes and effects, newer hash made from modern indoor genetics is all THC and more powerful, but i still miss a lot the old Moroccan hash as it was, hence i'm very happy that ACE has released this pure Moroccan strain with the Moroccan genetics of yesteryear.

Very cool to see this work being done and the original strain being preserved and made available.

I have a personal experience related to this. I hope it's ok to tell it here.

I visited a family farm outside Ketama in July 1985. I was traveling on my own in Morocco for a few weeks and at that time, it was a bit scary. The 80s were the decade of the War On Drugs. I was fine on the farm but traveling in the area was nerve-racking. First there were the the thieves looking for outsiders. They would have a spotter up the road and when he saw a nonlocal coming, he would signal his pals up the road who would then move a truck across the road to block it. I was lucky, they were slow to move the truck and I was able to speed past as the truck was only halfway across by the time I got to it. I remember well the yelling and waving to stop as I zoomed through. Luckily, I had been warned about that exact thing. As I got closer to Ketama I realized I was passing field after field on both sides of the road. It was a surreal experience.

When I arrived in Ketama, I was swarmed by by guys all wanting my attention. I made my way to the one cafe on the street. Ketama was really small, just a short main street and not much else. There the owner could see I was on my own and basically a tourist. He was very kind and helpful. It was clear he wanted to be sure could trust him and he introduced me to the guy whose farm I went to visit.

After leaving the farm with some freshly pressed hash to have for my trip, I passed a stopped bus. Everybody was standing out on the side of the side of the road, suitcases and bags open and police going through them. A full on bus search. Since they were already busy I cruised on by. It never occurred to me to get seeds. I wasn't growing at the time and certainly there was no possibility to grow hundreds of plants to make hash in California at that time. !985 was a peak year for helicopter raids up and down the state. Indoor was not a thing yet. Still I wish I got some anyway.

I remember the deal they offered me was $200 per kilo delivered in Spain. Very tempting as it was worth at least $2000 a pound in the US but I was too young and inexperienced to really try doing that. But it was definitely an adventure I'll never forget.

musigny23

After I posted my story it was there for many days with no response. I thought oh no, was that wrong to tell? Glad it was ok. I don't get a chance to talk about that trip so I thought it made a good story for the Beldia thread.

Things were so different in the 80s than they are now. I wish I had been more active in collecting seeds back then. I'm going to grow these in a "patch", Rif style. Then I'm going to have to learn the proper dry sieve technique.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This thread got me thinking about a Lebanese blonde hash I got at my very first Grateful Dead show around 1987. I may have to add a half pack of the Lebanese to my seed order. Maybe a seed or two of this Moroccan as well. I may have a inland location (hot/dry summers) that would be good for trying these genetics.

Dubi, you mention starting plants in large pots. Assuming you were going to put seedlings out in March/April...what size pots do you recommend?

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest Psy_explorer :)

We are quite sure about the purity of this released pure Moroccan line, it's very easy to distinguish the pure moroccans vs the modern hybrids being introduced lately there.

Hope it helps with your doubts.

Thanks Dubi, it is trully an outstanding variety, amazing you got them! I have very impressed with some of your genes so...I will try this . Greetings

After I posted my story it was there for many days with no response. I thought oh no, was that wrong to tell? Glad it was ok. I don't get a chance to talk about that trip so I thought it made a good story for the Beldia thread.

Things were so different in the 80s than they are now. I wish I had been more active in collecting seeds back then. I'm going to grow these in a "patch", Rif style. Then I'm going to have to learn the proper dry sieve technique.

You had a very nice chance to get the real moroccan experience! Back then things were better than in present times, even thought morocco is a relatively safe country specially if you go there with the company of local friends. The problem as Dubi said,is going out of the track, visit remote villages in the province and so on, not because of the people living so peacefully but instead because of the bad people that is wandering around . So... is a great chance for everyone to get this lovely landrace, which is in fact a piece of living history in the route of cannabis.

musigny23

You had a very nice chance to get the real moroccan experience! Back then things were better than in present times, even thought morocco is a relatively safe country specially if you go there with the company of local friends. The problem as Dubi said,is going out of the track, visit remote villages in the province and so on, not because of the people living so peacefully but instead because of the bad people that is wandering around . So... is a great chance for everyone to get this lovely landrace, which is in fact a piece of living history in the route of cannabis.

I spent 3 weeks traveling around Morocco on my own in the summer of '85. Generally I always felt safe. I was constantly approached by guys wanting be my tour guide or get mo to have mint tea in their rug shop and kids with their hands out, but nothing ever scary. In each city I often met a friendly guy who just wanted to practice his english and advise me on good places to stay or eat.

I wish I could have made it back and visited the Tabor farm outside Ketama again but I never did. I'm very glad the original Moroccan landrace has been saved and preserved. Hopefully they might realize they can offer a unique product if they go back to it and get rid of the imported genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts