What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This is bullshit!!!!!

Vesti

Step #1: Pass legislation stipulating that the sperm donor's life be as radically upended as the woman's if forced to carry to term.

Step #2: Sit back and watch any and all restrictions on abortion instantly disappear.

G

I'm in it to restore my right to own fully automatic firearms, if you get an abortion or not makes no difference to me.

In the majority of the United States, Class III firearms are still transferrable to civilians, provided they comply with the May 19, 1986 legislation that stipulated they were initially transferrable to begin with, and 80% or more complete by midnight, May 19, 1986, and on a Form 4, or other applicable Federal Paper by that day at midnight.

But most of the NRA members I've known were the most quiet over the USA PA, and any number of other fascist laws aimed at the boiling frog principle where Big Brother's unquestioned powers are concerned.

Gun Owners of America, on the other hand, knew what was up during that time period, sided with 'us,' and publicly said so..

I'm mostly staying out of political threads/posts since returning for my own pressing reasons, but thought some clarification was in order.

Like with most things in America, if you can pay the tax or fee, you have most of what you want or need. Class III weapons and 'destructive devices' (technical category) are no different.:tiphat:

G

In the majority of the United States, Class III firearms are still transferrable to civilians, provided they comply with the May 19, 1986 legislation that stipulated they were initially transferrable to begin with, and 80% or more complete by midnight, May 19, 1986, and on a Form 4, or other applicable Federal Paper by that day at midnight.

But most of the NRA members I've known were the most quiet over the USA PA, and any number of other fascist laws aimed at the boiling frog principle where Big Brother's unquestioned powers are concerned.

Gun Owners of America, on the other hand, knew what was up during that time period, sided with 'us,' and publicly said so..

I'm mostly staying out of political threads/posts since returning for my own pressing reasons, but thought some clarification was in order.

Like with most things in America, if you can pay the tax or fee, you have most of what you want or need. Class III weapons and 'destructive devices' (technical category) are no different.:tiphat:

And for those intent on recriminalizing abortion, or 'a woman's right to choose,' with those harboring such intentions tending to include in their arguments, statements implying that those who support the right to choose simply wanting to be able to kill fetuses when ever they wish, I can say this unequivocally; as a former clinician (MH), both personally and professionally, I know numerous women who have had abortions, who were torn by the emotional impact in their lives, some of whom have come to say they will neve ever entertain the idea of another abortion for themselves, but they STILL support the woman's right to choose, as a matte of medicine and the woman's right to be in charge of her own body..

I've met few (no) women who were not impacted by the loss of a fetus of what ever stage of development.

The real question in the end, for me, includes, do we really want to incarcerate, even if only under house arrest, women suspected of needing, wanting, or seeking an abortion?

And what would such a society look like? Would the cure be worse than the proverbial disease?

I personally suspect it would.. very much so..

White Beard

I consider the decision to carry a fetus to term or not, to rest with the woman exclusively - it is her body, her autonomy, and the choice must be hers and be freely made - not dictated by either law or custom. I consider the right to own one’s own body, and to make the choices and decisions regarding it, to be FAR a more fundamental matter than any “right” to own ‘fully automatic firearms...and I frankly find it outrageous to link those two: they are both questions of ownership, but the right to own one’s own body has unquestionable priority in my mind over a choice of personal possessions.

People need to realize that the right to own one’s self is THE uninfringeable right...and a community of cannabis farmers, processors, and users should understand that in their bones. I call attention to the NINTH amendment to the constitution, and I assert that *liberty* is intrinsic to the rights of humans - and liberty is alienated if one cannot be at liberty to make fundamental personal choices and decisions.

As I see it, the “right to have an abortion” is a politicized mis-statement of the principle of personal ownership of self: it is a right to authority over one’s self, and abortion is only one out of many choices the individual MUST be free to make for themselves. Outlawing “abortion” goes far beyond abortion: it outlaws the very principle of the individual’s right to choose and decide - it makes the citizen into chattel, subject to the legislative whim of others.

I was not invited to participate, I hope my contribution to the thread will not be taken amiss.

Vesti

Well said.

Well said.

I consider the decision to carry a fetus to term or not, to rest with the woman exclusively - it is her body, her autonomy, and the choice must be hers and be freely made - not dictated by either law or custom. I consider the right to own one’s own body, and to make the choices and decisions regarding it, to be FAR a more fundamental matter than any “right” to own ‘fully automatic firearms...and I frankly find it outrageous to link those two: they are both questions of ownership, but the right to own one’s own body has unquestionable priority in my mind over a choice of personal possessions.

People need to realize that the right to own one’s self is THE uninfringeable right...and a community of cannabis farmers, processors, and users should understand that in their bones. I call attention to the NINTH amendment to the constitution, and I assert that *liberty* is intrinsic to the rights of humans - and liberty is alienated if one cannot be at liberty to make fundamental personal choices and decisions.

As I see it, the “right to have an abortion” is a politicized mis-statement of the principle of personal ownership of self: it is a right to authority over one’s self, and abortion is only one out of many choices the individual MUST be free to make for themselves. Outlawing “abortion” goes far beyond abortion: it outlaws the very principle of the individual’s right to choose and decide - it makes the citizen into chattel, subject to the legislative whim of others.

I was not invited to participate, I hope my contribution to the thread will not be taken amiss.

Here, here.

Well said, friend.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a man and mostly conservative I’m not a fan of abortion BUT I very strongly support a woman’s right to choose. If I had my way for starters every girl that goes into puberty and has the ability should be on birth control until 18. Don’t say what about the guys cause it’s simply easier to block the eggs than the swimmers for sure. But that’s not gonna happen. That’s why I also support free birth control and wish it was used more. That’s pretty much the goal to not need abortions. I also support free abortions for those least able to pay for them. If you can’t feed em don’t breed em.

So all women who are capable of bearing a child until 18 should take hormone altering birth control or have something installed in them such an an iud? That is pretty insensitive imo. Look up birth control side effects. It can be serious.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- abortion - is something that happens or not to a woman's body - so women should be making their own decision's on whether to allow it or not -

- If a man suddenly decides to have some sort of intimate/personal surgery - does he need a panel of women to discuss and decide upon it?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree it's a woman's choice.
Let's hope we are far enough as a society and educated enough to not go on and replace condoms with abortions.
Also I think that abortions will be happening no matter what the legal status is like the horror stories her mother told the OP about.
They will just move to the back of the practice and the money will not show up anywhere in the books.
No matter what you stand for, always better to keep things in the light.

CC

Mr. J

Yes I agree, it's a woman's choice. She can either choose to not have sex, which is literally the only way to become pregnant, or she can slut herself around all she wants consequences be damned because she can then choose to vacuum her unborn child from her uterus. It's her choice.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I agree, it's a woman's choice. She can either choose to not have sex, which is literally the only way to become pregnant, or she can slut herself around all she wants consequences be damned because she can then choose to vacuum her unborn child from her uterus. It's her choice.

So she either has no sex or is a slut and didnt fear the “consequences” enough? Are you kidding me? Its her body and yes a woman should be able to choose and be respected. Your crass, barbaric attempt at an explanation of choice here is beyond awful.

Mr. J

So she either has no sex or is a slut and didnt fear the “consequences” enough? Are you kidding me? Its her body and yes a woman should be able to choose and be respected. Your crass, barbaric attempt at an explanation of choice here is beyond awful.

I said it's her choice. If she chooses to have sex, or to kill her baby that's the womans choice. Or she could choose to be a decent, responsible, humane person. Her choice.

I hear ya though, there have been many times when I wished murder was a viable solution to my problems. Unfortunately I don't have the right to kill people because it inconveniences me.

G

So all women who are capable of bearing a child until 18 should take hormone altering birth control or have something installed in them such an an iud? That is pretty insensitive imo. Look up birth control side effects. It can be serious.
Its a hypothetical point and were it possible with no side effects sure. It pretty insensitive and STUPID for ANY woman under 18 to even consider having a child on purpose or accident. Why is it you turn every comment to a fucking argument. Add to ignore.

G

Were you waving your bible around while you typed that ignorant shit?

White Beard

Its a hypothetical point and were it possible with no side effects sure. It pretty insensitive and STUPID for ANY woman under 18 to even consider having a child on purpose or accident.

Hardly fair to put it on the woman of whatever age: too many ‘men’ refuse to restrain their desire to deposit sperm in women - plenty of stupid insensitivity there. If only there were some way to penalize / disincentivize / prevent such ‘men’ from ‘winning’ the ejaculation prize...without punishing the women who unsuccessfully fight them off....

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Hardly fair to put it on the woman of whatever age: too many ‘men’ refuse to restrain their desire to deposit sperm in women - plenty of stupid insensitivity there. If only there were some way to penalize / disincentivize / prevent such ‘men’ from ‘winning’ the ejaculation prize...without punishing the women who unsuccessfully fight them off....

Men controlling their deposits? That would solve so many of the worlds future problems. Talk about a revolutionary idea.

Mr. J

The accidental ones are the worst, lol. How do you "accidentally" become pregnant? There are a series of steps required in order for that to happen, and plenty of time to adjust course along the way. Semen doesn't just "accidentally" appear in your vagina. Someone has to squirt it in there with his penis. If you've gone so far that the man has his penis inside of you then it should be obvious to you at that point that the possibility of becoming pregnant is a reality, maybe even a likelihood depending on timing.

If you really don't want to get pregnant then maybe you shouldn't do literally the only thing that can make you pregnant. Unless you're comfortable with the idea of killing your unborn child because you wanted your vagina to feel good for a little while. Isn't that a bit selfish? Sure, you had a good orgasm (probably not) but it cost somebody their life. Pretty fucking base if you ask me.

Babies aren't an unfortunate side effect of sex. Pregnancy isn't like catching chlamydia or the crabs. It's the purpose and the direct result of sex. Getting your vag plowed isn't a necessity of life, that is unless you're using it for the purpose of procreation, obviously. In that case it is actually essential. You'll survive just fine without it until you're comfortable taking responsibility for the results of your actions.

It's like, whatever. I actually don't even really care what you do. If you're okay with it then that's on you. I don't give a fuck but this is a forum so I'll state my opinion if I feel like it. I like banging sluts as much as the next guy but I understand and accept the risk I'm taking every time I stick it in. So don't try and make out like it's not like I say it is because that's exactly what it's like. Fundamentally, inarguably, the only way to get pregnant is to have sex. It's actually the one and only reason that sex exists, evolutionarily speaking. Don't pretend like you didn't know that. If you become pregnant because you chose to have sex at a time when you didn't want a child, or with somebody who you weren't prepared to have a child with, and your solution is to kill the child, then you're pretty irresponsible and selfish and maybe it's you who needs to rethink some things.

G

Yet another post that just seems to want to argue. Tell me do you think its a good thing for ANY woman/girl under 18 to become pregnant and have the responsibility both financially and emotionally to have a baby? Please explain how its such a silly notion to not think its a bad idea for a young woman to totally derail her life by becoming a mother when she is in no way shape or form really ready for it regardless of what the woke folks say.

You cant be dense enough to not realize its much easier to prevent pregnancy with girls than with men in the REAL world.

Please draw it up and explain why girls not even old enough to vote are ready to be a mother. Jeez. Please point out an example of young women like this are super able to be in position to have and raise kids ??? Want me to show the other end of the spectrum ? Go though any poverty level housing area regardless of color and take a good look.

Common fucking sense pal. Try it.