What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it just me or is it very difficult to find womens' work clothes?! What the hell.

Cuddles

I also wear shorts and a T-shirt at home. But I always try to go out beautifully
I don´t ! But I also wear shorts and t-shirts at home. it´s just more comfy isn´t it?

Welcome to the forum btw. I only just signed up as well

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So glad to see some ladies around here, it’s been pretty quiet so this is nice..thank you all
Have a great Sunday:)
Puffs

Cuddles

So I stuck this new work overall in the washing machine and put it on the hot wash, hoping it would shrink a bit. Sadly it ain´t cotton though so it´s still to big. I knew the legs would not get shorter but hoped maybe in width. Nope.
I guess they´re made either for men with fat legs or to be worn on top of regular trousers.

Not sure what to do with now... sell on ebay? wear it ? hmmmm

amanda88

420giveaway
Ganja D and I have gone shopping for work clothes together lots over the 5 years we've been together, and everytime it's the same. Ganja finds like a gazillion pairs of pants, hoodies, T-shirts and all that great stuff, that makes all that hard ass work just that much easier,and I can't find shit! I usually leave the store kinda frustrated. Honestly, the last time we went shopping for work stuff the store had one pair of Carhartt pants for women, and they were tan with white flowers...how the hell can I work in white pants??
Is there some womens' clothing secret stash store I'm missing out on? Where do you ladies buy your work clothes?

Any old clothes are used here, I have my favorites that wear too soon, boots rugged boots I desire but struggle to find
my last purchase seal skin gloves antique /collectible too are great

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
Dropping in to say my partner sure likes duluth trading company for women's work wear. She also bought a pair of work pants from dove, but the work didn't match the price. Too many stray threads. Another issue is she can't find women's work wear that doesn't have stretch fabric in it. This sucks since she's welding often enough to want something without plastic in it.

Cuddles

Dropping in to say my partner sure likes duluth trading company for women's work wear. She also bought a pair of work pants from dove, but the work didn't match the price. Too many stray threads. Another issue is she can't find women's work wear that doesn't have stretch fabric in it. This sucks since she's welding often enough to want something without plastic in it.
I used to do a lot of brazing, melting metal etc too. I always wore regular clothes such as jeans and cotton but that´s because I didn´t have money for anything else.
I recommend leather gear for metal works -trousers, shirts, gloves or maybe an apron at least :)

bw I checked out the duluth website but there´s nothing to actually look at.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry. This is probably a dumb question but cant you just get mens in smaller sizes? Jeans are jeans right? Not trying to be a smart ass. Also i used to get those Daluth magazines in the mail. They are pricey but are made to last. Sorry you gals are having a hard time. I wear the dirtiest clothes if im working and wear it till i throw it away. Havent busted my ass in a while though

Cuddles

Sorry. This is probably a dumb question but cant you just get mens in smaller sizes? Jeans are jeans right? Not trying to be a smart ass. Also i used to get those Daluth magazines in the mail. They are pricey but are made to last. Sorry you gals are having a hard time. I wear the dirtiest clothes if im working and wear it till i throw it away. Havent busted my ass in a while though
there are differences in the way our bodies are shaped. I used to wear mens stuff too but not anymore. Sometimes you get lucky and find something which fits you but this is kinda rare especially when the fashion changes.
Take shirts for example: Mens shirts are usually cut for wider shoulders than womens - this includes t-shirts too.
Trousers are more different than they used to be as well. But I´m not wearing those pathetic skintight jeans anyway, lol. Even though I do have better legs than some of the other women I see around (or men btw)

I even have real trouble getting womens trousers, believe it or not. The choices we are offered over here are kinda limited when you compare them to the clothes you can get in america. :(
Which is why I am so surprised that the girls located in the US still seem to have such a hard time getting their hands on decent gear!?

amanda88

420giveaway
show me an hourglass shaped man, with very big chest muscles

Cuddles

show me an hourglass shaped man, with very big chest muscles
lol, can you send him over to my place when you´re finished with him? I wouldn´t mind . God knows there aren´t any men with nice figures where I live :p

- not sure if a D cup mens chest is that sexy though....probably not! :biglaugh:

The ideal shape of men is no different from a womans ( or what we´re told is a perfect womans figure anyway)
V-shaped upper body meaning a great waist-hip-shoulder ratio, nice legs, flat belly etc

shithawk420

Veteran
well im sorry if i offended. I never had clothes that fit me and i grew up poor. I just used whatever. If it wasnt too small i wore it. As long as i had a belt it "fit" me. Even today i dont have clothes that fit me unless they are sweat pants

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I tried on mens insulated coveralls. If it fit the chest and hips, the crotch of them was down to my knees. Then the pantlegs were dragging, but even when i pulled up to make the crotch in the correct place, the legs were still a mile long. If i pulled the shoulders up, the collar was over my head. I've looked at the girly stuff, all pink and flowers, etc, but not heavy, more like for trying to be a fashion model in a garden ad. -30 f. really requires something serious.

Ariat boots, endurance rider type. These fit my oddball feet and are made for walking as well as riding.

Cuddles

well im sorry if i offended. I never had clothes that fit me and i grew up poor. I just used whatever. If it wasnt too small i wore it. As long as i had a belt it "fit" me. Even today i dont have clothes that fit me unless they are sweat pants
you didn´t offend mate.
But it´s as I said : men and women just have slightly different types of bodies. Especially waist down!
I do often end up buying mens t-shirts but only because they´re cheaper and have nicer colours and fabric. They are also a bit longer.

as for clothes being too big, somebody commented on this only recently.
I was asked if I had lost weight (which I have) because my clothes were obviously too big for me.
The thing is I don´t like cothes which are skintight either but also have no cash to buy new stuff. I bought new shoes for 20 and some `womens only´ stuff but only because I had no choice. No money for new trousers or a new jacket, lol Still hoping to lose more weight however.
So, I guess we´re in the same boat ;)

Cuddles

I tried on mens insulated coveralls. If it fit the chest and hips, the crotch of them was down to my knees. Then the pantlegs were dragging, but even when i pulled up to make the crotch in the correct place, the legs were still a mile long. If i pulled the shoulders up, the collar was over my head. I've looked at the girly stuff, all pink and flowers, etc, but not heavy, more like for trying to be a fashion model in a garden ad. -30 f. really requires something serious.

Ariat boots, endurance rider type. These fit my oddball feet and are made for walking as well as riding.
You actually like one piece clothes? I prefer trousers plus jacket . It´s much easier when you have to use the loo . :biggrin:
Those are cold temperature indeed! What kinda of work do you do?

shithawk420

Veteran
you didn´t offend mate.
But it´s as I said : men and women just have slightly different types of bodies. Especially waist down!
I do often end up buying mens t-shirts but only because they´re cheaper and have nicer colours and fabric. They are also a bit longer.

as for clothes being too big, somebody commented on this only recently.
I was asked if I had lost weight (which I have) because my clothes were obviously too big for me.
The thing is I don´t like cothes which are skintight either but also have no cash to buy new stuff. I bought new shoes for 20 and some `womens only´ stuff but only because I had no choice. No money for new trousers or a new jacket, lol Still hoping to lose more weight however.
So, I guess we´re in the same boat ;)
I remember when i was younger lots of chicks would wear mens band shirts. Guess i never paid attention to pants. My mom is only 4'8 or 4'10 and wears little kids clothes so it could always be worse!

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I have critters. Fewer now, than a couple of years ago. I was looking for the old one piece snowmobile suits, for a while, too. Well, yes, one-piece are a pain for potty time, but the wind and snow don't blow up the coat. Heck, if i could find one that has attached boots, i'd go for it. It's the pits when snow gets in the boots, too. I think a space suit is the only answer, these days. At least i don't have so many chores to do, and can do them fast if the weather is really bad. I potty just before going out, and immediately when i get back into the house( ol lady on diuretics, argh) This was a very mild winter, whew. Between the fibromyalgia and the arthritis, i really try to stay warm. But, whatever the gear, i need it to be flexible, too. When i tried on those men's insulated coveralls, i couldn't even bend down to grab a water font.
Back when i was just a little mouse, i had to pail water to horses, oh about a half a block, through some over the knees snowbanks. Several trips with five gallon buckets, not full and they still sloshed.
Yes, we usually get a LOT of wind with our -25 and -30 f. If there's no wind, we comment that it seems like a pretty nice day, even at those temps. Hubby used to work derricks, up in the air with not much for wind breaks. His beard would still have ice in it, after an hour drive home. We joke that it keeps the riffraff out. Gosh, during the boom, there were people looking for work that would jump off a train with a 'texas' winter coat and think that they could survive long enough to find a place to live. People froze to death.
I was trying to explain to some texas kids, what our weather was like. I told them that our winters are colder than their freezer. They couldn't believe a lot of what i said. They didn't have a clue that the ground froze hard, that i've seen thirty foot snowbanks, or that people can drive their pickups onto the ice to fish.

Cuddles

I have critters. Fewer now, than a couple of years ago. I was looking for the old one piece snowmobile suits, for a while, too. Well, yes, one-piece are a pain for potty time, but the wind and snow don't blow up the coat. Heck, if i could find one that has attached boots, i'd go for it. It's the pits when snow gets in the boots, too. I think a space suit is the only answer, these days. At least i don't have so many chores to do, and can do them fast if the weather is really bad. I potty just before going out, and immediately when i get back into the house( ol lady on diuretics, argh) This was a very mild winter, whew. Between the fibromyalgia and the arthritis, i really try to stay warm. But, whatever the gear, i need it to be flexible, too. When i tried on those men's insulated coveralls, i couldn't even bend down to grab a water font.
Back when i was just a little mouse, i had to pail water to horses, oh about a half a block, through some over the knees snowbanks. Several trips with five gallon buckets, not full and they still sloshed.
Yes, we usually get a LOT of wind with our -25 and -30 f. If there's no wind, we comment that it seems like a pretty nice day, even at those temps. Hubby used to work derricks, up in the air with not much for wind breaks. His beard would still have ice in it, after an hour drive home. We joke that it keeps the riffraff out. Gosh, during the boom, there were people looking for work that would jump off a train with a 'texas' winter coat and think that they could survive long enough to find a place to live. People froze to death.
I was trying to explain to some texas kids, what our weather was like. I told them that our winters are colder than their freezer. They couldn't believe a lot of what i said. They didn't have a clue that the ground froze hard, that i've seen thirty foot snowbanks, or that people can drive their pickups onto the ice to fish.
bloody hell, I mean where the hell do you live?! :ninja::eek:

well at least you´ll be safe from foreign invading forces, lol:

I bet those texan kids have never even experienced snow, but how could they in such a nice warm sunny climate, ;) But they must have those places where they can go ice skating or not?

Hey, those temps must be awful for your med conditions. Have you tried taking large amounts of emu oil to help out? You got to take a lot of it for several days to notice the effects but when it does work it´s really nice :)
Or those hot creams.
My physio therapist has used one on me recently and I have also used to use one for period cramps etc.
Trouble is the one I had (german stuff) will stay on your hands for ever. When I´d rub my eyes after several times of washing my hands they would still burn them. But it´s really effective stuff .